When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

Doesn't it feel really good, you are not tossing back anymore homes!  

Not needing to know that there was a release, now that felt really good. I was busy buying flowers for my garden :D

@RaeLeeH, awe no, yours is diff.  Still Linden owned too 😮

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Just saw a Traditional (or 2?) 9:25p.m. AEST / 4:26a.m. SLT.

Not sure if it was the same one that showed up twice or not, but gone fast!

I believe this was the one I grabbed in Passwall. Little corner spot around the pond. Acquired 7:24:47(4:24 slt)

If not, then another one came up right after, lol

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Not needing to know that there was a release, now that felt really good. I was busy buying flowers for my garden :D

@RaeLeeH, awe no, yours is diff.  Still Linden owned too 😮

Damn! Oh well, that just means that by the time it is released the post-region-release-hype may have died down some so "easier" (and I use the term loosely) for someone here to grab (though admittedly there's nothing actually easy about the process and it's reliance on luck). But it's still a house that wouldn't have been available if I'd kept it (obviously) so there's that? *is trying to look for the positive here*

I also saw your name on the map but when I cammed you were gone. Your stealth-mode was activated! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jenna Mohegan said:

Thank you everyone :D Just a quick question though, when a Bell house comes up will it be the first thing I see when I refresh or will it be in the drop down menu like the older homes are?

Always look in the drop menu, to be sure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jenna Mohegan said:

Thank you everyone :D Just a quick question though, when a Bell house comes up will it be the first thing I see when I refresh or will it be in the drop down menu like the older homes are?

It can do both.  Belli Home or Houseboat shows up hiding the old theme homes.  Sometimes it's in the drop down box first or last. I saw it listed last one time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jenna Mohegan said:

If you have no name pre-logged in to the name field(meaning you'll have to type one if a house comes up; keyboard smash!), then it should appear on top. If you have a name already put in, often times the house won't appear on top, you'll have to check the pull-down for "Bellisseria" to find whatever became available.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

If you have no name pre-logged in to the name field(meaning you'll have to type one if a house comes up; keyboard smash!), then it should appear on top. If you have a name already put in, often times the house won't appear on top, you'll have to check the pull-down for "Bellisseria" to find whatever became available.

DAAAANG good advice! Someone (not me) should make a thread with all the how-tos, FYIs, recommendations on good auto refresher extensions etc. I had to wade through a bunch of forms just to get a teeny amount of info about Bellisseria homes. I realized I could logout and then log back in to avoid the 10 minute refresh issue.

8 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

^ This. It feels like wasted seconds to have to search Bellisseria from the drop down menu but no other method apart from this one seems to work. I was told typing in Traditional in place of Bellisseria in search (if using Auto Refresh) helps but it never did for me; I still had to manually select Bellisseria from the drop down menu. The only exception to this is...

13 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

It can do both.  Belli Home or Houseboat shows up hiding the old theme homes.  Sometimes it's in the drop down box first or last. I saw it listed last one time. 

House boats. If one of them come up then Bellisseria is automatically selected. I have no idea why this is but happens whether using Auto Refresh or manual. Which is why you should...

16 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Always look in the drop menu, to be sure.

☝️ ;) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Release (Foxbridge) at about 7:35.  My guess is that's it for the day; but abandons happening now

Cool for the early Region release for those getting one.  Makes the day longer, slower with no upcoming release later today.  Now I have to do some actual work.

• Like 3

Just now, Jenna Mohegan said:

Ok houses are showing up, but I keep getting an error page. Not a "sorry you missed this" message UUUUUGH!! Also the house keeps showing up each logout and refresh I do.

That's what happened to me earlier. I had to manually log out then back in, refresh the page several times, and then to my surprise I caught a house. I have no idea how to explain the science or randomness behind any of that it just... happened. So all I can suggest is keep trying!

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, the Traditional Homes are awesome, but I already have one I like, even though it's not the perfect spot on the beach.  I spent so much time and coin decorating it, so I am perfectly satisfied to be settled on someone else's throwback, but I really want to try out the Bellisseria houseboat life too, preferably adjacent to open seas.

Edited by emilia Avindar
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jenna Mohegan said:

DAAAANG good advice! Someone (not me) should make a thread with all the how-tos, FYIs, recommendations on good auto refresher extensions etc. I had to wade through a bunch of forms just to get a teeny amount of info about Bellisseria homes. I realized I could logout and then log back in to avoid the 10 minute refresh issue.

The thing is that there's a lot of info out there already in the forum, it's just scattered all over the place as you discovered.

I've reposted this many times and I'm going to assume you read it already, but if you haven't this is ALL I KNOW (because I wrote it a while back) so hopefully if you didn't read it, it helps in some way: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/440542-new-homes/?do=findComment&comment=1946804

I'm not deliberately "blowing my own horn" and I'm by no means an expert on... well pretty much anything, but as I said I'm just sharing what I know and not quoting someone else out of turn. If it's wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Wants my dream house but you guys and gals would miss me if I wandered off the forums to go live in relative harmony there, so... we'll see what fate has in store.

Ironically I did get a house in the region release tonight and gave it back. I'm starting to think in retrospect that perhaps the universe WAS trying to tell me something... Well it needs to try a lot darn harder that's all I'm going to say!

*shakes fist like cartoon villain from The Simpsons, Monty Burns* 🤣

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Desire Darkrose said:

Oh wow, just catched a House at Oldrige. Next to the Bridge and in side the Water. It didn't show up first btw.. Belleseria was down under on the sections.

Well someone must have gotten an AMAZING place, or maybe decided to live the houseboat life,  to abandon that one.  Oldridge is very nice!  Congratulations!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, emilia Avindar said:

... I already have one I like, even though it's not the perfect spot on the beach.

...I really want to try out the Bellisseria houseboat life too, preferably adjacent to open seas.

So in tune with this.  We got a nice abandon in Foxbridge ... maybe yours, Rae? *smiles* ... not on the beach but only one immediate neighbor and close to a pretty riverside park.  Home.

Wrt houseboats adjacent to open sea, I think the best sailing I've had in Belli is in the Fourze sea.  It's not the largest waterway on the grid, but it's fat and ROUND, making for great sailing.  The continent edges are terrific if you have a fast motorboat, you can get going and really ZOOM and watch the regions click by!  But so far, just about all waterways around and inside Belli are eventually connected.  I think it would be nice to be within sight of a lighthouse, people really do sail by and moor to explore.  Pretty pictures!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

So in tune with this.  We got a nice abandon in Foxbridge ... maybe yours, Rae? *smiles* ... not on the beach but only one immediate neighbor and close to a pretty riverside park.  Home.

Wrt houseboats adjacent to open sea, I think the best sailing I've had in Belli is in the Fourze sea.  It's not the largest waterway on the grid, but it's fat and ROUND, making for great sailing.  The continent edges are terrific if you have a fast motorboat, you can get going and really ZOOM and watch the regions click by!  But so far, just about all waterways around and inside Belli are eventually connected.  I think it would be nice to be within sight of a lighthouse, people really do sail by and moor to explore.  Pretty pictures!

Monicadolly has the one abandoned by Rae..... I only know cause I'm a house or two over and saw her releasing it earlier....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.