When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last chance to see the art display at Firestorm Gateway Art Gallery. It is a collection of Bellisseria photos taken (with permission of the one who took the shot) from posts to thread and turned into an exhibit. The exhibit is up through end of day Feb 28.... http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firestorm Social Island/190/173/28

Display has pictures from a bunch of regular posters to this group... come take a look....

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, TarraMcBain said:

WHY?  I have to ask this because why would someone name their Linden Home    Linden Home    and have people think it is still available and waste their rolls trying to get it?  

Because they are a jerk, that's the only reason I can think of. Anyone who plays GOH at all knows that people watch the map to see what is available. 

(EDIT: To clarify, I am not talking about noobs who don't know better. I am talking about known GOH players who do what Tarra is talking about. I assume the purpose is to disguise how many homes they are grabbing, or maybe it is to mess with other GOHers and make them waste their rolls, who knows.)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TarraMcBain said:

WHY?  I have to ask this because why would someone name their Linden Home    Linden Home    and have people think it is still available and waste their rolls trying to get it?  

Actually, I have had this happen by accident.    I claimed a house and even had a name already picked for it.  When I got to the parcel it was still named Linden Home.  And I have had it happen a few more times since then.  Maybe that is what happened here?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

Actually, I have had this happen by accident.    I claimed a house and even had a name already picked for it.  When I got to the parcel it was still named Linden Home.  And I have had it happen a few more times since then.  Maybe that is what happened here?

I suppose that's possible, but there is definitely at least one person doing it intentionally. ;) 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

If I want to know about a home I click on the LAND and see who is the OWNER.

If that is Governor Linden then it is available ... or will be soon .

The name is of no im,portance to me.

We have to be next to the house to do that. If we have the map up and follow a region, see it goes, but ooh, one house is still named Linden Home, I can be lucky and grab it.... (Clicks and get another house, teleport there, abandon it, click and get another house... repeat...) That's when people use up their rolls. 😠

They may not think to go and control click the land first, they are in a hurry, tries to get it on the land page. It may be THE location for them.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Last chance to see the art display at Firestorm Gateway Art Gallery. It is a collection of Bellisseria photos taken (with permission of the one who took the shot) from posts to thread and turned into an exhibit. The exhibit is up through end of day Feb 28.... http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firestorm Social Island/190/173/28

Display has pictures from a bunch of regular posters to this group... come take a look....

Thank you for creating this exhibit.   I enjoyed my time and all the photos that are on display. 

• Like 3

On 2/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Marianne Little said:

We have to be next to the house to do that. If we have the map up and follow a region, see it goes, but ooh, one house is still named Linden Home, I can be lucky and grab it.... (Clicks and get another house, teleport there, abandon it, click and get another house... repeat...) That's when people use up their rolls. 😠

They may not think to go and control click the land first, they are in a hurry, tries to get it on the land page. It may be THE location for them.

I use Singularity and do not really understand what people mean by having "the map open" - I see in the map the name of the region but not the names of houses / plots.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I use Singularity and do not really understand what people mean by having "the map open" - I see in the map the name of the region but not the names of houses / plots.

On Firestorm it looks like this, if you click on a home it will say Linden Home (no one has taken it) or My Sweet House etc. etc. if someone has claimed it and named the parcel.

562348280_MapExample.png.457c81cc6bef12c77536fd4397705368.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

To add on to what Malayaa said, if you see a home such as shown in her map with the name "Linden Home", usually it is available.

The issue is when someone claims a parcel and deliberately names it "Linden Home", because there is no way to tell the difference just by looking at the map.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.