When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Sheila Guisse said:

how does this work? You post that you're about to leave the Linden Home. How can someone get it after you post about it? Do you have to go through the page on the website? Can someone ELI5 to me please?

Yes, you would have to go through the LH website, but it gives you a rough idea of when to try. Note that the released home may or may not go back onto the website immediately; I've known some go back immediately, I've also known them take as long as 30 minutes. You are still competing against everyone else who is trying at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Sheila Guisse said:

Also, do you have full control over the land the LH are on? (Except Terraforming, which I suppose can't be done)

Almost, but not quite.

You can't restrict access to group only (this sets ban-lines), you can't set it to show in Search, and obviously you can't set it for sale. There is also a very detailed covenant with strict rules.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sheila Guisse said:

Sorry if I am offtopic.

how does this work? You post that you're about to leave the Linden Home. How can someone get it after you post about it? Do you have to go through the page on the website? Can someone ELI5 to me please?

Also, do you have full control over the land the LH are on? (Except Terraforming, which I suppose can't be done)

You have limited control over your LH land. You can put it in group but not really deed it, meaning even if you have two homes on the same region, they cannot share the li allowance. No terraforming. You can do nearly everything else though! 

As for trying to catch an abandon, you have to get it on the land page the second they abandon it. It goes fast.

Edited by Milk Pixelmaid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, como Setsuko said:

Thank you Chloe! Also Ichibara we can arrange the time together! just IM me or reply me here. my timezone is PST :) @Yuumo Ichibara

Aww that is such a sweet offer I really appreciate it but sadly my husband and I already made the decision this morning to permanently move to our newly acquired mainland home ... I hope to be lucky like you if we come back to Belli

• Like 2

Traditional  in Diamond town? Caveat emptor - that doesn't sound good. I just need a place to change outfits and rez until the stilts get released. I see there is a camper available but I think I might have virtual claustrophobia so that's not going to work. Please let me know if anyone is releasing anything. Greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NiftyPixel said:

I just need a place to change outfits and rez until the stilts get released. I see there is a camper available but I think I might have virtual claustrophobia so that's not going to work. Please let me know if anyone is releasing anything. Greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

LOL, check out the New Citizens and Builders Brewery groups and locations as both have places for the homeless to rezz and private-ish dressing rooms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Yes, you would have to go through the LH website, but it gives you a rough idea of when to try. Note that the released home may or may not go back onto the website immediately; I've known some go back immediately, I've also known them take as long as 30 minutes. You are still competing against everyone else who is trying at the same time.

Almost, but not quite.

You can't restrict access to group only (this sets ban-lines), you can't set it to show in Search, and obviously you can't set it for sale. There is also a very detailed covenant with strict rules.

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

You have limited control over your LH land. You can put it in group but not really deed it, meaning even if you have two homes on the same region, they cannot share the li allowance. No terraforming. You can do nearly everything else though! 

As for trying to catch an abandon, you have to get it on the land page the second they abandon it. It goes fast.

Thank you both!

• Like 1

All I see on LP last 4 hrs is Meadowbrook.  I am logged in to both desktop and laptop, and have Auto Refresh set to 75 seconds on one and 80 on the other.   Does Linden Labs frown on simultaneous logins running Auto Refresh?  Wondering if that caused me to "hang" on Meadowbrook.  Anyone know how that works?

3 minutes ago, Shyla Starflare said:

All I see on LP last 4 hrs is Meadowbrook.  I am logged in to both desktop and laptop, and have Auto Refresh set to 75 seconds on one and 80 on the other.   Does Linden Labs frown on simultaneous logins running Auto Refresh?  Wondering if that caused me to "hang" on Meadowbrook.  Anyone know how that works?

I've gotten all meadowbrook this morning as well.  The homes in Belli that pop up are snatched in seconds.  It's just the luck of timing.  As to whether you can have 2 logins to the same account trying, I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I've gotten all meadowbrook this morning as well.  The homes in Belli that pop up are snatched in seconds.  It's just the luck of timing.  As to whether you can have 2 logins to the same account trying, I have no idea.

just released a vic at Linton   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shyla Starflare said:

I really think it comes down to luck. I just happened to log into the LP and landed a Trad about an hour ago. I used to use the auto refresh but find that I  have just as much (or more) luck with randomly checking the page. When the stilts are released, there will be many beautiful abandons. That's what I'm looking forward to with that new release.

• Like 5

If you have one of anything and another one of the same thing is waiting with Gov Linden then putting what you have will bring that waiting one out.

Catching both as they come out is the idea, then you will still have one to keep and one to put back and then you will find no more empty LP. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Loretta String said:

Will be letting go a lovely sandy Trad at 6 am SLT

Even though not on water, it has a nice location with a beach ( and houseboats) right across the street plus a Linden pool.

I would have kept it, but  I yesterday landed a nicer one directly on water :)

You can inspect it here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lostbell/125/143/28

In case you like it very much and can't wait till I release it,  pls contact me inworld.

Lostbell 10_001.png

Lostbell 20_001.png

Lostbell 30_001.png

Lostbell 40.png

I'm not usually a sandy parcel person. When I saw that you released it, I thought, this looks like a lovely location. Apparently whoever got it tossed it back. I landed it today, and it looks like it might carry me through the dreary winter. Thank you for letting it go!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shyla Starflare said:

I've only checked the LP a few times this morning, just Meadowbrook.

LL doesn't bother to check for simultaneous logins; really, I'm pretty sure the fraction of residents who even try that is very small.

You can log the same avie into the LP multiple times on one computer with different types of browsers (e.g. Chrome & Firefox).   Back in the day when I would stalk individual region releases, if I only had one premium available, I would log that one into two browsers on my computer and ping-pong between the two logins, for nearly continuous manual refreshing.  If I had that avi logged into SL with very low graphics, I was able to claim up to 3 parcels in one region release, quickly abandoning ones I didn't want and claiming new ones (hopefully!).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

I've only checked the LP a few times this morning, just Meadowbrook.

LL doesn't bother to check for simultaneous logins; really, I'm pretty sure the fraction of residents who even try that is very small.

You can log the same avie into the LP multiple times on one computer with different types of browsers (e.g. Chrome & Firefox).   Back in the day when I would stalk individual region releases, if I only had one premium available, I would log that one into two browsers on my computer and ping-pong between the two logins, for nearly continuous manual refreshing.  If I had that avi logged into SL with very low graphics, I was able to claim up to 3 parcels in one region release, quickly abandoning ones I didn't want and claiming new ones (hopefully!).

Pro :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I'm not usually a sandy parcel person. When I saw that you released it, I thought, this looks like a lovely location. Apparently whoever got it tossed it back. I landed it today, and it looks like it might carry me through the dreary winter. Thank you for letting it go!

I think you were the first to get it. It took more than an hour till it showed up on the LP, while only Meadowbrook was available during that time. I wasn't a sandy parcel person either, but that Trad turned me. Enjoy !! 

Edited by Loretta String
sp.. sp...
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Shyla Starflare said:

LL does not care about multiple logins.  I've done similar before using multiple browsers on one computer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Almost, but not quite.

im new here , what is the LH website?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Onaleee said:

im new here , what is the LH website?

Secondlife.com

It's where you can log in with your SL log in information to access your Dashboard, which includes a lot of account things. It's also where you go to claim a Linden Home if you have a Premium account.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.