When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Fendi Miles said:

Yikes... the hostility in this thread now is so bizarre. Why on earth get so stressed about belli homes or what others do with their homes?

If you want to dictate your neighborhood, who gets what house or how many they can own... maybe belli isn't for you? Someone can buy up your whole street IRL, or own your favorite house cause they got there first. 🤷‍♀️ 

Also, I've gone through lots of houses, still have a couple great spots, but I got them by posting on the forums that I was looking for one and most recently - get this - I saw a spot that was in a big LH group, and I kindly messaged the owner how much I loved it and if she ever planned on getting rid of it to please let me know. Guess what? Same night she let me try for it!  Maybe try coming at things with the slightest better attitude 🙄

So let me get this right - your suggestion of "coming at things with the slightest better attitude" is to message the owner of a big land group and kindly ask if you can please have one of their homes if they ever give it up?  Ok well I did message one of them and I was met with abuse and then I got a message from the persons daughter who accused me of being nasty to her Mum (which I wasn't) I said I just wanted to understand why they wanted/needed so many homes and at that point she offered me a home on the condition I didn't leave it!  I declined as it somehow felt like my silence was being bought.  I don't know if I was expected to try to catch the house or if she was just telling me to go live in it as I didn't go any further into it for fear of somehow getting into a situation where a chat log could be used against me.   I actually thought you caught your home after one of the GOH's players asked on the thread for people to contact her on the day that region was released and I did think about it myself but then noticed later in the evening it was gone - obviously to you. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Txchic51 said:

How does a  long time premium member receive the new homes? Where do we search, look to find these properties available. 

Go here:

https://secondlife.com/my/?lang=en-US

And look for this:

0ad174d208b19f2d9f5e2493cfc73200.png

Once you click that, you should get to a page to select one. Go for the ones that are new linden homes in Bellesseria.

You can refresh the page up to 10 times per 10 minutes, and you can get and abandon up to 5 homes a day.

Once you get a home, there is a mailbox (or sign or life preserver) just outside the property that can be clicked on to change which home to put on the property from within that theme. So if you don't like the home that's there when you get to your spot, click that mailbox and try out all the other themes.

Then... once you have the one you want, go inside and near the door is a panel to click to change colors, locks, access permissions, and so on.

It can take a couple of hours to days to get the spot you want, sometimes longer if you're extremely picky like I was.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Txchic51 said:

How does a  long time premium member receive the new homes? Where do we search, look to find these properties available. 

Side note - as far as Linden Homes go, it makes no difference how long you have been a Premium member.  They are all on a "first come first get" basis.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Aisleyne said:

So let me get this right - your suggestion of "coming at things with the slightest better attitude" is to message the owner of a big land group and kindly ask if you can please have one of their homes if they ever give it up?  Ok well I did message one of them and I was met with abuse and then I got a message from the persons daughter who accused me of being nasty to her Mum (which I wasn't) I said I just wanted to understand why they wanted/needed so many homes and at that point she offered me a home on the condition I didn't leave it!  I declined as it somehow felt like my silence was being bought.  I don't know if I was expected to try to catch the house or if she was just telling me to go live in it as I didn't go any further into it for fear of somehow getting into a situation where a chat log could be used against me.   I actually thought you caught your home after one of the GOH's players asked on the thread for people to contact her on the day that region was released and I did think about it myself but then noticed later in the evening it was gone - obviously to you. 

You didn't get it right - when referring to having a better attitude, it was in reference to belli and the homes in general. It was a place created for community, step off of the parcel and realize there are good areas and fun things all over belli. It's pointless explaining that aspect though, as it appears you might be stuck in the negative feelings you have. If you were met with that kind of reaction, something tells me you weren't exactly kind about it. 🙄 Or maybe you were! People can say no, but it never hurts to ask for things you want. 

These are houses in second life,  are you truly that perturbed about being "bought" over... linden homes? You are free to feel as you want. I understand it can be frustrating to not get exactly what you want, everyone feels that, but most learn by now how to deal & keep on. I did catch one of my homes like that, as you noticed you easily could have done the same 🙂My other one was claimed the way I stated previously. 

Last I'll say about this is it's Second life, especially right now people are here for an escape. For me personally, spending time decorating themes & spots in belli is a way to ease my anxiety, and focus on something that makes me happy. What's the point in dictating or "exposing" how someone else uses SL? I implore some of you to try to focus on your personal SL experience instead, it's got to be more enjoyable than constantly complaining.  

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Fendi Miles said:

no specific dates yet, but it's supposed to be close to late fall/ winter. Whenever they get moved over to the cloud 🤗

Gonna be a lot of homes open again when the new Stilt homes come out.  In the mean time just takes patience trying to find a Belli home.  The old linden homes still open so can hang out in one of them till the Stilt homes are released.   However, if you grab one of those older linden homes, you might miss when a belli home opens up.  Good Luck

• Like 6

I don't see how a Linden home can be "tacky" in the same breathe people are flipping out because they don't have one. They are all Mole made.
If Linden wanted to limit the number of homes per RL person they could try by using credit cards , since most people don't have more than 2-4. But why? Why limit Linden income?
They are building more homes.
Either put in the time to snag a home or look elsewhere.

It is a level playing field.

• Like 7

Letting my log home go as I have a Vic and I want to try for a stilt home when they are released. This log home is reasonably private. It backs on to a river and has just a hill/mountain in front which is why I fell in love with it. Lovely wee spot. I'll let it go at 7.15am SL time. It's been deep cleaned and the grass has just been cut 😉 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Honeyyard/122/75/51

Snapshot1_001.thumb.png.94239c17faeefafcbaacb882eca22f84.png

Snapshot1_002.png

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Letting my log home go as I have a Vic and I want to try for a stilt home when they are released. This log home is reasonably private. It backs on to a river and has just a hill/mountain in front which is why I fell in love with it. Lovely wee spot. I'll let it go at 7.15am SL time. It's been deep cleaned and the grass has just been cut 😉 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Honeyyard/122/75/51

Snapshot1_001.thumb.png.94239c17faeefafcbaacb882eca22f84.png

Snapshot1_002.png

Still in maintenance at 07.35 am SL time which makes me think the theory of two properties needed to 'push' them on to the land page is correct.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Still in maintenance at 07.35 am SL time which makes me think the theory of two properties needed to 'push' them on to the land page is correct.

i found it to be true often   ,i sometimes waited for more then three hours for a home to show   then when someone else  lets go the same type home its get pushed  ,the first home gets out  .

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

You have mastered GOH if you have this knowledge. You can have all the alts and browsers in the world but until you unlock this and put it to use properly..... :) (unless they change it!!)

Edited by Chloe Dolores
typos
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

I've not read this thread messages for a long time, RL issues that also don't allow me to connect to Second Life very often. 

It's sad and heartbreaking to see how some people post very negative messages, talking bad or attacking other players instead of talking of the LH and having fun sharing their home/s with others.  Having one or ten premium alts doesn't guarantee you absolutely anything, you only need to request your LH  at the right time.  To all those people who feel frustrated I can only tell you: keep trying and don't lose hope.   It's not worth getting angry or envying others for their LH, believe me.

I spent weeks getting and releasing homes, it was like an exploration process for  knowing the different LH.   Finally I focused on my favourite style, the Victorian.  I tried for weeks and one day when I wasn't expecting to get anything interesting, got one at Neville, this exactly: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/177/136/32.  I've been in the same home more than six months and I think I'll only release it if I can't renew my annual Premium.

Be patient, and what you are looking for will come :)

Edited by Dora Paule
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Dora Paule said:

I've not read this thread messages for a long time, RL issues that also don't allow me to connect to Second Life very often. 

It's sad and heartbreaking to see how some people post very negative messages, talking bad or attacking other players instead of talking of the LH and having fun sharing their home/s with others.  Having one or ten premium alts doesn't guarantee you absolutely anything, you only need to request your LH  at the right time.  To all those people who feel frustrated I can only tell you: keep trying and don't lose hope.   It's not worth getting angry or envying others for their LH, believe me.

I spent weeks getting and releasing homes, it was like an exploration process for  knowing the different LH.   Finally I focused on my favourite style, the Victorian.  I tried for weeks and one day when I wasn't expecting to get anything interesting, got one at Neville, this exactly: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/177/136/32.  I've been in the same home more than six months and I think I'll only release it if I can't renew my annual Premium.

Neighbor!

I have a home there too, just landed it a few weeks ago. Like you, could not believe it when I saw where it was on the land map. 

All of my best houses have been abandons except one or two, and those I eventually released so others could have them once I found something else that made me a little happier.  The one on Neville though? That, is a keeper.

• Like 2

I have two houses for me - one a Victorian and another a Traditional. My new traditional is so lovely that I may let go of the Victorian because I don't know if I will use it enough. Both I picked up as abandons. I don't really bother too much with trying to roll when a new region is released. I know luck is not on my side. The best houses are the gems that get abandoned randomly in my opinion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Plus, Fall is around the corner, and many people will be abandoning their great homes for the stilts... I will be checking then to get my dream Victorian/Traditional!!

After more than a year playing GoH, I agree with you in the quality of the abandons, even my Carrolton Bay was one; I've just managed to get one relese (a Traditional in Carumba), the rest I've got them rolling the dices or by talking to people here in this thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

Good post! Hopping is a good way of exploring, and just when you think there's no chance...

• Like 4

Just (2:24 AM SLT) saw a choice of THREE things on the LP - Camper, Traditional, Loghome.

Two minutes later even FOUR (plus Victorian)

Usually it is only Meadowbrooks nowadays ... haven't see a Houseboat  for quite some time.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.