When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm on the verge of giving up well and truly after months of constantly getting mediocre plots and now being hopeful it would be different with the log homes and seeing most everyone on this thread constantly finding water parcels and us always finding none. We are just feeling hopeless about it. Actually wanted to cry when we once again got the same bland type place and everyone around us having beautiful water plots. oh blechh maybe just need a break and take a walk in the forest in rl. Congrats once again to everyone who found lovely water well and truly.

Edited by Ethereal Silvercloud
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Eleanor mentioned it a couple of hours ago; I'm surprised the parcels haven't been taken by now. 

we tried and only got a parcel we gave back two hours ago. we are feeling toyed with. I sent it back and my husband caught it two hours later, just feel like crying and I suppose LL find joy in playing these games with us. Loosing heart and hope, we are usually optimistic and looking forward to finding something lovely but after months starting to see a theme. there are the haves and there are the have nots.  Why can't they have more water, that's what most everyone wants. even if they did we would end up with dry land it seems.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

We didn't get any just a parcel we sent back 2 hours ago in another region. They are toying with us.  Truly fed up we are obviously not with the in crowd. thinking of leaving linden home jumping forever seriously, had enough of endless mediocre plots. I really truly feel they play favourites and its not random.

This happens to EVERYONE.    No one is sitting on the back end watching for the "favorites" to ensure they get the best parcels.  It is a  matter of luck.  and you also don't know how many alts everyone has.  This also makes a big difference as well.

Try not to be disheartened.  You WILL find something that you love.  Take a break for a few days and come back when you feel refreshed :) .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

I'm on the verge of giving up well and truly after months of constantly getting mediocre plots and now being hopeful it would be different with the log homes and seeing most everyone on this thread constantly finding water parcels and us always finding none. We are just feeling hopeless about it.

I'm sorry you've had this experience!  Log homes on water are a numbers game, really.  It certainly feels like there are fewer water parcels per capita (and perhaps some folks don't count a tiny pond as actual water).   So those who are hunting with several alts are more likely to land parcels on nice water.  Me, I'm learning to take pleasure in other geographic features.

Unlike for other major releases, my partner & I did not get a set of alts lined up to hunt for log homes.  On any one day, we usually have one avatar hunting.  And the result is similar to yours, actually.  Using tries up on rather scruffy abandons is frustrating, and altho I see many nice parcels when I go exploring, they seem to elude me when refreshing.  But we have very nice properties in other themes, so we're not unhappy, just sort of bemused.

Another thing: people nowadays are watching the map very closely.  They have someone inworld just looking for green dots to land where none have been lately, and then they check to see if houses in that region are being named (by clicking on them on the map).  Then, if they like a region which looks like it's just being released, they refresh like mad.  And often they don't refresh at all if they don't see a new release in progress, conserving clicks.

So I believe it IS random - but a typist can bias the game in their favor by watching closely, only clicking when something you actually want is available, and having several alts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

we tried and only got a parcel we gave back two hours ago. we are feeling toyed with. I sent it back and my husband caught it two hours later, just feel like crying and I suppose LL find joy in playing these games with us.

I know it can be frustrating, but you need to calm down, editing your post 400 times because you are frustrated will just keep you in that mood. Take a breath. I am sure there will be a great plot for you two waiting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

we tried and only got a parcel we gave back two hours ago. we are feeling toyed with. I sent it back and my husband caught it two hours later, just feel like crying and I suppose LL find joy in playing these games with us. Loosing heart and hope, we are usually optimistic and looking forward to finding something lovely but after months starting to see a theme. there are the haves and there are the have nots.  Why can't they have more water, that's what most everyone wants. even if they did we would end up with dry land it seems.

I am quite sure that LL is not playing any sort of game with you. Getting a particular type of home is  a matter of luck and persistence and nothing more. Think about it: why in the world would LL want to torture you? Just keep an open mind and don't get obsessed with a particular feature that you feel you just must have. Sure, I like water, too, but what I got was a log home parcel that is NOT on a lake or river, and guess what? I gave it a fair try and I already love it! 

Water ain't everything, and I encourage you to take a look around the regions with an open mind and see what else is beautiful about them while you wait to get the home you want. You may find that you want something else after all. In any event, none of this is worth despair, and I encourage you to take a deep breath and even put the land page aside for a few days if it's upsetting you this much. 

• Like 4

Do not give up on finding your dream home. It took me 13 trys for my other self to get my cabin. And before that I lived in a houseboat in not a dream location. Because that was all I could get at the time. I also was lucky that someone gave up their victorian and got that on my main self. But that was just a week ago or so. So you will get the house you dream of. You just need to give it time and trys ♥

• Like 5

Well, thank you to whomever gave up the fabulous, beautiful Vic parcel in Banebury sitting on the river bank. What a magnificent scene up and down that waterway! with a view of one of the bridges no less. And, from the front there's a huge mountain vista, which has the railroad on the other side of it as I found out. I clicked on a Vic for s--ts and giggles since I was so bored with the log homes this weekend. So pleasantly surprised. Gave up one of my favorite other Vics for this one since I'd been hoping to get one that had a backyard this good for a long time. 

Then, went and clicked on a log home anyway on my main because I needed a texture pack 😛 Still not impressed with the house though. Tomorrow is another day for all of my alter egos!

Banebury Lake House

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I am quite sure that LL is not playing any sort of game with you. Getting a particular type of home is  a matter of luck and persistence and nothing more. Think about it: why in the world would LL want to torture you? Just keep an open mind and don't get obsessed with a particular feature that you feel you just must have. Sure, I like water, too, but what I got was a log home parcel that is NOT on a lake or river, and guess what? I gave it a fair try and I already love it! 

Water ain't everything, and I encourage you to take a look around the regions with an open mind and see what else is beautiful about them while you wait to get the home you want. You may find that you want something else after all. In any event, none of this is worth despair, and I encourage you to take a deep breath and even put the land page aside for a few days if it's upsetting you this much. 

That just happened after my mini meltdown, I caught a hilly parcel set up high from the road and three lovely redwoods in the backyard on a large hill, My hubby  caught a place on a little long pond. It did feel that way lol when LL lottery  gave us back a plot we had two hours before this all happened. Lol real or imagined that kind of frustration is hell at times.  Can't really wait and set aside the page as all the prime spots will be taken in a blink of an eye. We will enjoy the plots we have for the moment. After 3 months with the attitude she'll be right we managed to get a mostly ocean victorian but not prime spot ( that we gave up to find a log home ), that's a long time trying lol, so It can take eons, and people with a lot of alts kind of take a big chunk of what's there it seems .  Thanks for your reply and advice. :-)))

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

That just happened after my mini meltdown, I caught a hilly parcel set up high from the road and three lovely redwoods in the backyard on a large hill, My hubby  caught a place on a little long pond. It did feel that way lol when LL lottery  gave us back a plot we had two hours before this all happened. Lol real or imagined that kind of frustration is hell at times.  Can't really wait and set aside the page as all the prime spots will be taken in a blink of an eye. We will enjoy the plots we have for the moment. After 3 months with the attitude she'll be right we managed to get a mostly ocean victorian but not prime spot ( that we gave up to find a log home ), that's a long time trying lol, so It can take eons, and people with a lot of alts kind of take a big chunk of what's there it seems .  Thanks for your reply and advice. :-)))

I'm glad you are feeling better. :)   

It takes time to get the home you want; some of us have been at this since the very first day (a year ago!), and I can assure you it has taken me months of clicking at times to find a house that is just what I want. And I can't tell you how many times I have caught the same home three times in succession! 

These things happen to us all, but mostly what you see here are the success stories, so it seems like everyone is getting awesomeness but you. We are all in the same boat, so hang in there and one day you will land on a dream spot and be so shocked you won't believe your eyes! lol

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Are you sure? I'm looking at the map and no one is there, and the homes seem to all still be unclaimed (although I can't swear I checked them all).

I saw one of the homes was claimed, but they abandoned it ... seems no one else has gotten there yet though 😕

5 hours ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

So you didn't like the Vic parcel by the sea that I especially helped you to get when I was releasing it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

So you didn't like the Vic parcel by the sea that I especially helped you to get when I was releasing it?

Hi Garnet we loved that for awhile, we couldn't get our boat to slide down the hill to the water, so we will be looking for one right on the water when we get back to victorians. it was lovely while we had it , the views up there were peaceful. Doesn't diminish your favour to us in our eyes, thank you muchly. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I threw my Ketran trad back a few minutes ago and it's still not been claimed. It's one of the homes way up on a rocky hill overlooking a roadway and an ocean, and it has a loooong stairway up to it from the road. It's unique and cool, but it was time for me to move around again! Someone is going to love it!

• Like 3

Sighs...Pirouette region is having rez problems. I popped in to change to a different model and poof! House vanished and no other one in sight. My poor neighbor looks like they had the same thing happen. They have a lovely furniture arrangement floating just above the grass...no home. Several homes in the immediate neighborhood are still waiting for their new owners. 

Be patient if you are still looking for a log home. The land servers are being cranky this weekend. I'll check in with Support in the morning and let them know about Pirouette.

Edit: New neighbor across the road ended up with a double rez home situation in the past half hour. I've submitted a Support ticket for the region. 

Edit: WhooHooo! Pirouette is fixed! Thank you, Mole Team!

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

by lack of a house on the parcel ( seems to be quite some around)  thought about a new theme mixing in :)

308800acd27a66723fff837a2384ea7e.jpg

or this one

99739dc137dc0252fa5617850427dfc9.jpg

Hahahaha I just caught the same one, recognize it because of the neighbour's horse! Still no house there. 

Edited by Anidusa Carolina
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.