When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Sigh...I give up.  I am not able to get across what I am trying to say, apparently.  Farewell, my lovelies.  Maybe one of you will become my neighbor. :) 

I do hope you end up getting a place that is right for you , I truly do :) .

• Like 7

As the owner of a.... recycled home, it's now MY home and it's not a bad place. Could it be on the ocean instead of a pond? Sure. Could I have hoped for more of the front yard to be "mine" and not "landscaped by LL"? Sure. (Especially when there's so much of theirs and not so much of mine! 😄

Is it worth abandoning and hopping? For me, not yet. The lag seems acceptable, my neighbors are as well (if you're reading... I luvs y'all!) Would I get a "better" place? Can I be assured the perfect place is out there? 

In RL my homes have never been 100% perfect. The imperfections are acceptable to me. As are the imperfections of my SL Belle home now.  And I'm still exploring the neighborhoods, so if you see me in my flying cardboard box - wave and say hi! I'm just trying to figure out how to get to the grocery store! 

Edited by Dicey Monday
typo
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

I've been asleep over here in England but I've got to say that the earliest coastal regions with boats are my favourites and I came to this party late about 8 weeks ago or something so all of those were taken.

What is being built is great but none of these newer region releases have my attention. Maybe someone will return one to the land page or perhaps I will stay in lovely Gangway  where I feel "at home"?  The neighbours DO play a part as well as the landscaping. I had a little bullying - subtle - at one of my previous homes, (and the small matter of whoever it was that lay a submarine over my parcel and took up all my LI when I was decorating) , so whoever is next to me matters.

I have one week left to decide and still got that click vibe on the off chance!! But I know myself and I WILL be clicking - as previously stated earlier there has to be an end point for me (finding it harder to do than say - I will get there) My hopping attention will begin to move into taking photos of Belli and travelling around. PLUS I am doing features on the most interestingly decorated parcels so send me some LM if you spot this ! 

I am very likely to be refreshing past any new releases if I see them!! (okay I am tempted by one upcoming HB region ...... we shall see!)

** one of the locations I truly love - an early parcel - has three random items placed in it, a description of "second vacation home" and belongs to someone with their only description being "land rental assistant" .... this is where I say  hmmmmmmmmmmmmm **

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Well, first, it would amuse me. I've never made a secret of my distaste for the throw-back game since it has morphed somewhat of a beast.

I think people are genuinely developing an unhealthy obsession with finding the perfect spot that doesn't actually exist. There's no winning this game. There will always be something just not quite right about every parcel, and it troubles me to see the neurosis that is developing over it. This thread is almost 200 pages. 

Second, if everyone playing the "game" had a two week timeout it might give some people who just want a home on Bellisseria - any home - a chance to get in and get something without having to compete with the those searching for the mythical perfect spot. 

Of course, I know some would just create more premium alts to keep playing because of their addiction to the impossible game, but that'd at least be more money for LL. 

THIS, THIS, and THIS!

Thank you! 👏

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

I whole-heartedly agree.  Bellisseria is great wherever you are.  Someone gave up this "old" parcel on Edgar and my sister got it.  To each his/her own.

Kerry's house in Edgar.jpg

In the group chat this lovely little plot was getting grabbed and released just before the 1st release on the new pickle. It must have gone through 5 or 6 people before somebody finally kept it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

one of the locations I truly love - an early parcel - has three random items placed in it, a description of "second vacation home" and belongs to someone with their only description being "land rental assistant" .... this is where I say  hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Someone renting out a non Belli parcel and offering access to a 'holiday home' as part of the deal? Oooh scuzzy.

• Like 1

Off topic: I'm not sure what the necessity is to cast judgement on anyone here whether people happily own a house, are still waiting to get one, or are repeatedly refreshing. It's already been established that as paying premium members everyone has equal rights to decide what is best for them. This has been going on for months and it's all been said before.

For those who wish to vent on not yet having a home there's a thread specifically for that. For those who wish to vent about all of us who "hop" from house to house, perhaps someone should make a thread specifically for that instead of hijacking this thread since the topic is "when did you last see a bellisserian home" not "what are the opinions of those who abandon homes?"

It's terribly disheartening to see the excitement of some people being suppressed by others who don't for whatever reason agree. 

On topic: I hadn't been refreshing anywhere near as regularly as I had been but today decided to have another look. Low and behold I managed to catch two abandons; one in Axim, and one in Stine. The one in Axim I abandoned and immediately caught it back again. I let it go for the second time, waited a while, refreshed again and caught the one in Stine - which was located right next door to the first house I ever had in Bellisseria (and I was there for a good 2 or 3 months before I started hopping). This was about 3 hours ago. I haven't seen one since.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Off topic: I'm not sure what the necessity is to cast judgement on anyone here whether people happily own a house, are still waiting to get one, or are repeatedly refreshing. It's already been established that as paying premium members everyone has equal rights to decide what is best for them. This has been going on for months and it's all been said before.

For those who wish to vent on not yet having a home there's a thread specifically for that. For those who wish to vent about all of us who "hop" from house to house, perhaps someone should make a thread specifically for that instead of hijacking this thread since the topic is "when did you last see a bellisserian home" not "what are the opinions of those who abandon homes?"

It's terribly disheartening to see the excitement of some people being suppressed by others who don't for whatever reason agree. 

This x 100 Thank you.

• Like 4

My 2 cents about when abandoned houses are going to be offered on the SL homepage:
Yesterday evening i deleted all my stuff and abandoned my Linden Home. I stepped back onto the street and waited. It just took around 3 minutes until the new owner teleported in.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

In the group chat this lovely little plot was getting grabbed and released just before the 1st release on the new pickle. It must have gone through 5 or 6 people before somebody finally kept it.

I saw all that chat about tossing it back.  When she grabbed it and showed me the location, we could not believe no one had kept it.  As they say, one man/woman’s trash is another’s treasure. Thank goodness!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

This thread is oodles of pages long and it's not at all been entirely "JUST SAW ONE". Just as you're allowed to post your thoughts, so are the rest of us as it relates to acquiring a parcel on Bellisseria, and the methods used. Some people don't like my opinion on the game of catch and release, some do. I speak up about things I believe are wrong... like homophobia, for example, not that the two things are at all comparable. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I hope LL comes up with a new, slightly more wild theme... like cabins on hills, so we could put in rock formations and maybe little streams, to make magic little nooks.

Oh yeah!  I would hop over there in a minute.    ***PROUD HOPPER***    haha

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

WOW ..must have been the release of Cadhaire then ... saw two more ... grabbed none of them.

Congratulations to the early birds that have been successfull!

Yeah! i'm surprised that they didn't go as fast as they usually would :o Maybe not many are trying at this time, the region itself was relatively quiet before the release, I think 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

Golly!! Seems to be a prolonged dropwise release! ... GOT one in Cadhaire 6:50 SLT

or is that allready an abandoned?

I think Patch was mentioning in the group chat that a house on Cadhaire was abandoned twice already 😮 Its quite a surprise! 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.