When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I will do that, Alumna. I am still "at it " too  :)      I am doing one avie with the auto refresh and my alt with the manual refresh.  Maybe my timing is off, or the skunk in my yard the dogs were going crazy over was the culprit!!!  I had to close the door to the deck because the smell was too close for comfort!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Shield Markus said:

We all watch in amazement what the Patch Team and Moles can do every week. I have suggested in the past they slow down, collect more regions together. A bigger release gives refreshers a better chance.  I advocate the Pickle be released all at one time. They won't do it.  They release regions soon as ready

To me they have flipped the naming region as one of the last things before release.  Before they would name it and spend days working on homes and land decoration. I think now they do all the region preparation before naming it.  Some regions take days when they look ready.  Pearlcoast looked that way last week. They released three regions on Friday, very well ahead what I thought they would do. So they are ahead of me always.

They are more experienced and regions are being built faster as we can all see.  If possible they will achieve or do better than they have before. Four regions a week have been achieved. 

If you pay even closer attention, you'll notice that a certain maniacal adorable Linden in charge of this whole shebang will mix things up as soon as he realizes someone thinks they've noticed a pattern. Any and all speculation on the methods employed by said maniacal adorable Linden and his trusty gang of equally maniacal adorable Moles, by my speculation, simply means that everything you think you know will be turned upside down and shaken like a snow globe while @Patch Lindencackles manically adorably in the background. 

Which means if he reads this, he most certainly won't change the way things are being done, and your speculation will be correct, except the devil on his shoulder won't let him do that. But since he's read this, he'll realize we also know that he loves to mess with us. 

What to do, what to do? Has Bellisseria gone meta now? Will it simply blink out of existence tomorrow? Or perhaps it will magically spawn eight arms and legs, each with a new and as yet unthought of theme? The whole thing could sink underwater and become Bellantis. It could morph into Rainbow Magellan and simply walk off into the horizon and never be heard from again.

Iugeiyh.gif.dde21ec362799d557bcc4d7601dcb87a.gif

(I couldn't post the Pop Quiz clip from Speed because it has a wordy-dird in it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think you misunderstood. Your previous statement was that there would not be another release today, as if you knew that for certain. I was asking if you received that information from a reliable source, or if that was just speculation on your part. 

My response tried to answer that. I still at this moment don't know if any regions below Pearlcoast have been named yet.  No more release today from what I thought and the time Pearlcoast was late release today. I thought Patch Team and Moles did a lot of work since Friday.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shield Markus said:

My response tried to answer that. I still at this moment don't know if any regions below Pearlcoast have been named yet.  No more release today from what I thought and the time Pearlcoast was late release today. I thought Patch Team and Moles did a lot of work since Friday.  

They haven't been named on the map as of a couple of hours ago. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alumna Cornell said:

Think I just got it, Leora - a good 2 hours later. At the border with Jefferson? Small evergreens with some rocks out front, boulders in back? As I can't see any other regions with beach houses or houseboats nearing completion (wandered around all the water's edge regions over the weekend, and Pearlcoast was the only likely candidate I identified) I'll stick with it for now. (Said *that* before - hah!) One good thing - I can ride my bike around the neighborhood, not something I could do in Pygmy.

Might be it! I only remember it had an akward access too .. kind of up a hill ... kind of steps ... first a road ... further up a sort of way to walk on ... still further up the house ... or something like that. It was the most EAST you could get in Pearlcoast ... in the N/S axis rather in the middle.

• Like 2

Now I've finished auto refreshing I thought it might be useful to list all the homes I spotted I managed to get and how (abandoned or released) plus why I left them. I didn't know what I wanted at the start only by exploring and living in these places did I find out so maybe this will be interesting to some looking for a home. These homes were in a combination of top of menu and in the drop down! (manual refresh sometimes hours at a time - demand still exceeds supply so this was the only way in my eyes!)

Holton Center (a trad) very happy to get my first one but having seen the locations on the map decided to try see something different so got an alt on board to help. 

Wolfboro (r trad) very happy with this one overlooking canal and bridge - felt closed in and decided to see what houseboats were like to increase amount of water around me.

Bellfry (a trad) no water.

Sainte Helene (r trad) no water.

Floaton (a hb) cute boat with view of lighthouse - decided I wanted lighthouse view with less lag / more space around me and probably a release.

Kurenai (a hb) lag.

Gazaway (a hb) twice claimed this one - view of houseboats no lighthouse.

Slippery Wharf (a hb) lag and no lighthouse.

Sagarc (a hb) no lighthouse.

Kabuto (a hb) no lighthouse.

Ness (a trad) lovely place near beach but not on it.

Seal Point (r hb) best boat I got on the Seal Point corner of the canal. Loved it! Only gave it up for my current home - did so because was more of a lake life than a coastal life. 

Foxbridge (a trad) - no water.

Kirbee (a trad) twice got this one - no water.

Light of Aurelia - (r trad) - lighthouse, coast, corner plot, seaview but crucially makes me feel good, happy, relaxed which is what I want from an SL home plus I can watch the building happening over the water!

This took weeks but the point is I think - it's okay to change your mind until you are ready to stop. Some of you will agree others will think I am too picky - I only worked out what I wanted by hopping. Also on certain days you can see and bag the same place twice.  One of the best things I did was look after a release up to half an hour.  You KNOW a release has happened and people will be swapping / dropping and moving on. I am sure whoever got my Seal Point abandon was wondering why!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

So I am really interested (read slightly obsessed) with getting a house on a hill over looking the water.   Like the ones on the edges of Ketran, Venber and Leera  https://gyazo.com/ef42788d84a83639a34abaeeafe66940https://gyazo.com/ef42788d84a83639a34abaeeafe66940      Have any of you seen more areas being built like this?   I've looked around but figuring more eyes may have more info.   Thank you!    

wish_001.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

So I am really interested (read slightly obsessed) with getting a house on a hill over looking the water.   Like the ones on the edges of Ketran, Venber and Leera  https://gyazo.com/ef42788d84a83639a34abaeeafe66940https://gyazo.com/ef42788d84a83639a34abaeeafe66940      Have any of you seen more areas being built like this?   I've looked around but figuring more eyes may have more info.   Thank you!    

wish_001.png

I think so- this is:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE232/28/229/23 .   To the left is pearlcoast in the 2nd photo (you can see the houseboats)  such a pretty area.  

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

wish_001.png

& further down that road:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE248/142/121/33  Lots of chunky hills with houses perched atop, overlooking a river/sound?

Snapshot_004.png

Snapshot_005.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Holton Center (a trad) very happy to get my first one but having seen the locations on the map decided to try see something different so got an alt on board to help. 

Wolfboro (r trad) very happy with this one overlooking canal and bridge - felt closed in and decided to see what houseboats were like to increase amount of water around me.

Floaton (a hb) cute boat with view of lighthouse - decided I wanted lighthouse view with less lag / more space around me and probably a release.

Kurenai (a hb) lag.

Seal Point (r hb) best boat I got on the Seal Point corner of the canal. Loved it! Only gave it up for my current home - did so because was more of a lake life than a coastal life. 

Light of Aurelia - (r trad) - lighthouse, coast, corner plot, seaview but crucially makes me feel good, happy, relaxed which is what I want from an SL home plus I can watch the building happening over the water!

lol I think you and Leora are beating me!  We should start a group, name it Home Hoppers....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's addictive but I had to have a end point (at least for forseeable!) I certainly boosted the marketplace economy at some of these places - each location a new and different challenge in the regions environment ! Plus every abandon is a catch for someone most of mine were abandons and fun they were!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Malvina Wizardly said:

Yes, I know, I really should kick myself in the b... and keep going. And usually I do. Logging into my account and starting to refresh is the first thing I do in the morning and I keep doing it until I go to bed, minus the times I have to take care of RL things of course. No idea why I have never even seen a single houseboat though. But well, that's life, and tonight I call it a day after 3 hours of frantically trying to get Alumna's laggy houseboat. Tomorrow is another day. :) I guess hope never dies. I hope. 🤔

Keep trying those of us that try to keep people updated on releases and also abandon's as much as we can. I know it can get dishearten you see others getting a home/houseboat but your day will come you will refresh see one pop up say I know I am not going to get it and bam! you got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Now I've finished auto refreshing I thought it might be useful to list all the homes I spotted I managed to get and how (abandoned or released) plus why I left them. I didn't know what I wanted at the start only by exploring and living in these places did I find out so maybe this will be interesting to some looking for a home. These homes were in a combination of top of menu and in the drop down! (manual refresh sometimes hours at a time - demand still exceeds supply so this was the only way in my eyes!)

Kurenai (a hb) lag.

This took weeks but the point is I think - it's okay to change your mind until you are ready to stop. Some of you will agree others will think I am too picky - I only worked out what I wanted by hopping. Also on certain days you can see and bag the same place twice.  One of the best things I did was look after a release up to half an hour.  You KNOW a release has happened and people will be swapping / dropping and moving on. I am sure whoever got my Seal Point abandon was wondering why!!

Lord! my stress level would go up if I swapped that much just the simple fact I can't stand this house retrieval system right now. I try and help others with the frustration on when I see them pop up because I know the struggle is real. I think I released maybe twice and may release the current house I have now still deciding but i guess your done since you got the one in Light of Aurelia.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Lord! my stress level would go up if I swapped that much just the simple fact I can't stand this house retrieval system right now. I try and help others with the frustration on when I see them pop up because I know the struggle is real. I think I released maybe twice and may release the current house I have now still deciding but i guess your done since you got the one in Light of Aurelia.

I feel good when I am there (Aurelia) and it has what I enjoy and was looking for - it seems to have been everyone else's favourite - for me one of many desirable locations. I loved all of those regions I got homes in but I feel happy currently. It was less a stress and more a fun experience "lets see how far we can go with this" but yes I am feeling more chill since not refreshing. that page!!!

• Like 3

The ability to win that many homes is amazing to me.  Good advice to wait half hour after a release for those abandons!   Two people that have posted here got Homes yesterday for the first time contacted me saying Thanks.  Everyone here that helps others to get a Home or Houseboat, well done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Keep trying those of us that try to keep people updated on releases and also abandon's as much as we can. I know it can get dishearten you see others getting a home/houseboat but your day will come you will refresh see one pop up say I know I am not going to get it and bam! you got it.

Thank you so much for encouraging me to keep going! :) You are so right and that's what I do since I got up today, hit the refresh button. :D

About the 'feeling disheartened' part, I guess you meant it that way but I still feel the need to make it very clear that I am not disheartened by others getting what I don't even see on the screen. On the contrary, it really makes me happy when someone is lucky and full of joy. What disheartens me is that darn page that never ever shows a houseboat since May as if they don't exist. When I then know, like yesterday, someone released a houseboat and there is a region release with houseboats and they still don't show up for me, that sometimes really gets to me. But I'm also wondering since last night if it might be worse actually seeing one and not getting it. Who knows.

In any case since two weeks it seems to be at least a bit easier to snatch a house. I suddenly see them appearing on my page, sometimes even during several refreshes. So I guess the way LL does the releases really seems to work.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Light of Aurelia - (r trad) - lighthouse, coast, corner plot, seaview but crucially makes me feel good, happy, relaxed which is what I want from an SL home

All I can say is, with your skills and having found a perfect spot, I'm expecting your place to be friggin' GORGEOUS.

No pressure, of course.  🤩

I'm going to have to try to resurrect our (my & my partner's) history with Belli catches, it's interesting to see yours.  Tho we've been doing it for less time, it will be interesting to look at when we say "enough!".  We're close now ... our place in Foxbridge is not on the beach, but there's just a road between us and the water.  It has sort of a calm,  Martha's Vineyard feel.  And we, too, can watch the Pickle buildout from our balcony.  I'm going to try to make a keyframed "boat elevator" to softly hop my Bandit & me over the road into the ocean!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

All I can say is, with your skills and having found a perfect spot, I'm expecting your place to be friggin' GORGEOUS.

No pressure, of course.  🤩

I'm going to have to try to resurrect our (my & my partner's) history with Belli catches, it's interesting to see yours.  Tho we've been doing it for less time, it will be interesting to look at when we say "enough!".  We're close now ... our place in Foxbridge is not on the beach, but there's just a road between us and the water.  It has sort of a calm,  Martha's Vineyard feel.  And we, too, can watch the Pickle buildout from our balcony.  I'm going to try to make a keyframed "boat elevator" to softly hop my Bandit & me over the road into the ocean!

I am being mindful of the coastal aesthetic and am trying and re trying different things lets put it that way re: decorating! It's been fun hopping around a bit I know people are coming up against not seeing the houses but they are there and that was my point really - the houses are there it's maximising your chances of seeing and bagging them that can be perplexing. I would say most of the ones I got were by also checking the drop down but you can go hours without seeing a single one. Your place sounds good!

• Like 1

My alt has a house boat in a very beautiful setting. its the first of the raw, has sand on one end, and i can see 1 bridge and river on either end of the houseboat. i like it very much...

but my dream is a home right in front of one of the bridges with the river . or a beach. if there was anyway to have that house i would let go of the houseboat . 

problem is we can never be sure the right person would get it so we could do the exchange. :( why do LL make it so hard for us :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaryFiAllen said:

My alt has a house boat in a very beautiful setting. its the first of the raw, has sand on one end, and i can see 1 bridge and river on either end of the houseboat. i like it very much...

but my dream is a home right in front of one of the bridges with the river . or a beach. if there was anyway to have that house i would let go of the houseboat . 

problem is we can never be sure the right person would get it so we could do the exchange. :( why do LL make it so hard for us :(

But you always have the option to buy/rent or build precisely what you want. The current system makes it fairer for all involved.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.