When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Ok I must not be viewing the updated post on when these are being released thought Patch updated this thread where else is this being posted so we know? Thank you

I believe some of the same-day info for releases is being released in the Bellisserian Citizens and Bellisseria Community groups (not sure if I linked those correctly).  I know Patch and some of the moles periodically chat in those groups.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JessycaJayne said:
5 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

A better process should have been thought of maybe they should have waited until a fairly good amount of homes/houseboats/trailers and what ever else they have planned were ready to go before releasing.

They did do that actually. The first few releases sent out I dunno.. well over a thousand I think.  I remember reading something about 700 houseboats or homes/boats. (someone please correct me if I am wrong). 

So, that's a few very big releases. Then people started to complain that they wanted faster releases, more often .. so the Lindens and Moles did exactly that. And now (not saying you) people are not satisfied with that approach either. They really are doing the best they can and they have listened but it seems that no matter what ..  be it big releases or smaller ones .. someone will have a complaint. 

It's unfortunate all around .. :(

The first release was around 2300, give or take a bit.  The second release - Houseboats only - was 711, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, EVERYONE (well, it sure seemed like it was EVERYONE) was whining about the releases taking too long -- it was one month between the initial release and the Houseboat only release -- and the folks complaining were all saying "They should release them faster, as they finish them".  Thus we now have the current release schedule.

LL can't win in this.

image.jpeg.4de5374e538990020e93c2461ec83fab.jpeg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

711, if I remember correctly.

709 I am pretty sure -- I think it is in Patches post about the release. I had counted them on the SSP map (a painful process as I did it twice and there was plenty of math involved) only to find that they ADDED some after the fact LOL. Well damn.   And yes somewhere around 2,300 sounds correct although I am not sure that we ever DID get the exact number. Abnor was going to post that but if so, I didn't see it.  

For those of you that missed that first big release (houses and housboats) it was a glorious day (two actually) when folks got a house, went there, looked around and decide if "this was the one" and stayed. I only changed once as my first plot in Graff  had a huge backyard that adjoined a beach community area. Unfortunately I am not fond of the umbrellas and towels and such. So I moved on to where I only have rocks and water AND I face the sea so I like that better also.  There was much chatter and camaraderie. There was no frantic "gotta hurry, gotta hurry" that there is now.

To be fair, many of us had been waiting NINE MONTHS for the release to come online -- so we paid our waiting dues also.   

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MattNight84 said:

Well a miracle has just occurred!  I FINALLY have a house.  Can't wait to see the location.  Looks like in the higher/north section (Coldwater Cay).  I could cry, lol.

GREAT REGION -- congrats

• Like 1

So I might be a little crazy but I really had my heart set on a boathouse or even a traditional house that was on the beach.  I'm glad that I was able to finally get a house but I think I will give it up to someone who actually wants to live here.  A boathouse is sure to come up sometime for me.  I'll have to think on it some more since it has been so hard to get anything.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Callo Dinzel said:

I believe some of the same-day info for releases is being released in the Bellisserian Citizens and Bellisseria Community groups (not sure if I linked those correctly).  I know Patch and some of the moles periodically chat in those groups.  

Problem with that is that to be INWORLD at the moment they release is the best way to get NOTHING.

You and your computer must entirely be concentrated on ONE Job ... or you will see the houses snatched by other people who are ;)

I got my houses on my netbook that does the refreshing (and nothing else) while I might be doing other things on my tower computer ... and though that implies hopping up and taking one step to a nearby table and grabbing another mouse (plus I am old!) this method worked three times.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Problem with that is that to be INWORLD at the moment they release is the best way to get NOTHING.

You and your computer must entirely be concentrated on ONE Job ... or you will see the houses snatched by other people who are ;)

I got my houses on my netbook who does the refreshing (and nothing else) while I might be doing other things on my tower computer ... and though that implies hopping up and taking one step to a nearby table and grabbing another mouse (plus I am old!) this method worked three times.

I got all mine when I wasn't logged into the viewer.  I didn't spend all my time doing auto refresh either.  I just did it when I had a chance or had nothing to do.  Monday's are the only days I could wait for the new releases as that is my day off.   I work Wednesday & Friday.  I got my  house on a Sunday.

• Like 4

How do you find Bellisseria houses, while I'm leaving Chrome+Autorefresh Plus working day/night for an entire weekend, set to stop when the word is found, and it won't ever stop?

Gone bed on friday night, leaving it running, and the next morning it was still happily refreshing.....read: Bellisseria-houseboat-traditional have never ever shown up in the entire night!

Same goes for the entire Saturday, Saturday night, Sunday, Sunday night.....I'm pretty sure it was still running when the Monday release was online....N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

Where's the damn proxy that's caching the page??? No, wait....Grayson comes and goes, so that's not the reason.......

Ok, I'm a BIT frustrated, does it show? 😡

1 hour ago, GinkoStar said:

How do you find Bellisseria houses, while I'm leaving Chrome+Autorefresh Plus working day/night for an entire weekend, set to stop when the word is found, and it won't ever stop?

Gone bed on friday night, leaving it running, and the next morning it was still happily refreshing.....read: Bellisseria-houseboat-traditional have never ever shown up in the entire night!

Same goes for the entire Saturday, Saturday night, Sunday, Sunday night.....I'm pretty sure it was still running when the Monday release was online....N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

Where's the damn proxy that's caching the page??? No, wait....Grayson comes and goes, so that's not the reason.......

Ok, I'm a BIT frustrated, does it show? 😡

I am sure you are making some mistake. I set it to look for "Bellisseria" nothing more not houseboat not traditional.

If you let it run for about 6 hours and it didn't find a thing then you made some mistakes.

During any given 6 hours there is surely ONE "Bellisseria" (abandoned) passing your screen.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

Thanks for your reply, Leora.

Autorefresh is very simple to setup, and you can use more than one word just using "|" between the words (it's shift+the top leftmost key, just under ESC, at least in Italian layout, and sorry I don't know the exact name of that symbol).

I tested it using "Grayson" as the last word - and the extension found it.

So, I was using "houseboat|traditional|Bellisseria" as the search pattern, and now using just "Bellisseria" but still nothing ("Tahoe" alone worked as well so I'm sure the page would contain Bellisseria even if embedded in a script/text field).

I'm really wondering if there's any caching proxy between me and the site, all  I can say is, I've stumbled upon some Bellisseria abandoned homes while refreshing by F5 before installing Autorefresh , some days ago (obviously they were gone by the time I was able to press ACCEPT...). And yes, I disabled - or at least think to have disabled - the caching in Chrome.

(But....can PHP pages with database queries be cached, anyway, other than images?).

2 minutes ago, MattNight84 said:

I decided to give up my traditional home in hopes of getting a houseboat.  The house I had is in a great location and still showing available as of now.  I'm not sure how long it will take for it to show up for someone else to choose :)

i don't see it at all 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.