Houseboat abandoned.......

Boudicca Amat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Patti Peregrine said:

Odd...  I have often wondered if houses/houseboats that become available show up everywhere (countries) once they become available.

And we were such an attractive Welcome too ........ complete with balloons, party hats and whistles! 

Edited by Boudicca Amat
typos
  • Like 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Is it possible that it was immediately snapped up but whoever got it isn't inworld right now? 

So far as I'm aware the land should change to the new owner as soon as it's accepted via the browser, so being inworld isn't necessary (you do need to go to the plot to abandon though).

I kept checking who 'owned' the land whilst I was there, it steadfastly remained as Linden Gov owned.

• Like 1

Well I refreshed during the last six hours or so. I saw (and missed)  three houses in that time - nearer the beginning of it - nothing since about three hours. I do not think the appearing of abandoned land has something to do with LL office hours - seems to be some automatism 24/7.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

I can't imagine the availability of an abandoned house (boat)  is instant.  Somehow the parcel name needs resetting and any stray objects need clearing and returning.  I am sure nobody is sitting around just waiting to do that permanently 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I can't imagine the availability of an abandoned house (boat)  is instant.  Somehow the parcel name needs resetting and any stray objects need clearing and returning.  I am sure nobody is sitting around just waiting to do that permanently 

It was nearly instantaneous during this most recent crazy rush for the houseboats, and appears to be automated. I abandoned my houseboat and someone arrived within seconds and then booted me from the land!   :(
Likewise with the first rush...I abandoned my land/house, all my prims flooded back to me, and someone was moving in to my previous home within minutes.
Of course the process could have a different time-frame during these 'non-rush' periods.

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It was nearly instantaneous during this most recent crazy rush for the houseboats, and appears to be automated. I abandoned my houseboat and someone arrived within seconds and then booted me from the land!   :(
Likewise with the first rush...I abandoned my land/house, all my prims flooded back to me, and someone was moving in to my previous home within minutes.
Of course the process could have a different time-frame during these 'non-rush' periods.

Yes, but those were RELEASES and not the random now and then. In the beginning the random abandoned plots showed up instantaneously too. Then (maybe a couple of weeks later= not really sure) that changed. It was mentioned that "maybe" some folks were trying to "sell" their plots and arranging a certain time when they could trade with the buyer. There were some folks that traded (very early on) with their alts -- this all from posts here on the forums.

So it seems as you mentioned likely that the function can work in various ways depending on what TPTB want. Most likely they will be instantaneous again with the new release when the process can't be gamed for profit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I abandon I teleport away IMMEDIATELY just out of courtesy to the next owner who may not want the previous owner greeting them.  One of the houses I obtained I saw the former owner on map waiting on the old property he just abandoned for 20 minutes... I literally did not TP to my new home untill he vacated.  I'm relatively introverted to begin with and to me that's just a little awkward and sorta creepy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

When I abandon I teleport away IMMEDIATELY just out of courtesy to the next owner who may not want the previous owner greeting them.  One of the houses I obtained I saw the former owner on map waiting on the old property he just abandoned for 20 minutes... I literally did not TP to my new home untill he vacated.  I'm relatively introverted to begin with and to me that's just a little awkward and sorta creepy.

Same! With the very first home I got, I arrived and someone who had already abandoned was still hanging around there. She did not leave! So then I abandoned it too because I didn't want a home that came with a creepy woman in the yard. lol

• Haha 11

Different strokes.  S/he may have been intending to be helpful.   May have seen that the property was acquired by someone online, and decided to wait around to tell you something about the property, if you dropped by.  But didn't want to impose via IM.

Like: this neighbor has a party every Monday at 3 PM, and it drove me crazy, but if you're not around at that time it's a good neighborhood.

Glad you mentioned your reaction, I'll be sure to zip away if I ever abandon a property.  I usually have owned on private estates, and the whole process is so leisurely that one never would hang around, new owners don't grow on trees :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So it seems as you mentioned likely that the function can work in various ways depending on what TPTB want.

Seems like it's automated with the abandon land part being immediate, but the timing for the acquisition part is staggered.

After abandoning the houseboat I quickly went to the website to try and get a home, and when I popped up the SL screen again I was ejected and flyyyyyying...lol.
Crazy times.
What was really odd, was in my initial try for a houseboat I arrived via my 'get your new home' TP on the website, and somebody already had it!
Can't wait for the next exciting release :)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Same! With the very first home I got, I arrived and someone who had already abandoned was still hanging around there. She did not leave! So then I abandoned it too because I didn't want a home that came with a creepy woman in the yard. lol

That was in the good old times when you were sure you would get another without problems.
Nowadays I guess you would stay and just eject and ban her ifshe refused to leave. :)

When I abandoned I left the parcel but usually waited outside in the road to see who would come.
One of my first komes there was a man in the room. When I told him it was my house he told me he had just abandoned it and left- no problem for me.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

there is something  ,,,,,, i keep clicking and every once in a while the page looks like it should but not houses and only the wording for chose the house   so maybe they are holding them because they think there will be a mad dash for the campers and with the abandoned homes,,,,,,, such a mess ,,  who knows ,,,,,, i at the speaking event to hear and that not working they had to give me a you tube link for live so avi sitting in the place but watching on pc you tube go figure ,,,,,, where did i put my coffee and chocolate candy bar

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Different strokes.  S/he may have been intending to be helpful.   May have seen that the property was acquired by someone online, and decided to wait around to tell you something about the property, if you dropped by.  But didn't want to impose via IM.

The really weird part was that I got another house right away, far away on the other side of Bellisseria. While I was looking it over. that same woman showed up in the street right outside my new house. I suppose she was playing catch and release, too, but it felt odd at the time.

(Hmm, maybe it really *was* @Beth Macbain...)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

not for  me tried and tried ,,,,,,o well,,,,,maybe tomorrow i will be lucky ,,,,, ( i was going to type get lucky and  nope ,,, lololl ,,, ok just a joke people do not get in an uproar ) 

A region is going to be released today (or already was) and then you can expect another region approx. every other day -- so roughly every Mon, Wed, and Fri.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.