Resident Auctions ?????

Dale Hefferman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same as in the corporeal world where the person bidding against you could be employed by the person selling. You don't.

The point as I see it is to bid what you are willing to pay and not worry about who you are bidding against --- OR just buy land from the owner and not at auction. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Same as in the corporeal world where the person bidding against you could be employed by the person selling. You don't.

The point as I see it is to bid what you are willing to pay and not worry about who you are bidding against --- OR just buy land from the owner and not at auction. 

Well that is called shill bidding but this is SL :(

The Donnelly Act has been used by prosecutors against people accused of shill bidding in online auctions. ... Shill bidding may also be considered a form of wire fraud, which is a federal offense under 18 U.S. Code Section 1343. Maximum penalties for the crime of wire fraud can include two decades imprisonment.

• Confused 1

No one is going to jail because they boosted a bid in a 'video game' (yes yes I know, it's not .. but good luck with that)

The same rules apply for SL auctions as any other. Decide what you are prepared to pay ahead of time, bid late, bid that amount and if you don't win, move on.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

If the alt wins then the owner would end up paying SL the selling fees for land they already own. 

ánd have suficient tier left for the parcel, groups still can't buy auction parcels if i'm still right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.