So tired of opening boxes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Speaking of which . . .

Don't you just hate it when you're shopping at SL16B and grabbing all of the free gifts but you feel guilty if you take the gift without grabbing at least one demo, because you don't want the merchant to think that you're some kind of deadbeat freeloader (because you KNOW they check, right?) and then you get all of the demos home and decide you might just as well try some of them on and it turns out you really like one but of course you have NO idea which sim the store was in or where it was?

Yeah, they really need to publish a list of stores on each sim.  Apparently it never dawned on LL that we might want to take demos home to try them on and then return later to buy the item.   Gosh, what a concept.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, they really need to publish a list of stores on each sim.  Apparently it never dawned on LL that we might want to take demos home to try them on and then return later to buy the item.   Gosh, what a concept.

Well, yes! Given how difficult it is to even get into some of the shopping sims, or move around when you do get in (although I didn't find it too bad this morning), the idea of getting a demo, taking it somewhere to try it on, and then getting back in, and finding the store . . . is a disincentive to be sure

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

if you look on your transaction history it will list purchases with the region even if L$0

eg

Destination: Milli Mole 
Object Sale 
Region: SL16B Impressive 
Description: SL16B Female Rebel Avatar

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You can also make a folder and name it Demos .. then inside that folder create five new folders with the name of each region in the event. When you've collected everything in one region drop all the objects into the folder for that region. Do that for each region and then you have a really good idea where you got the items. I do that all the time especially for events as I always take demos home and it may be a few days before I even try the demos on. I'd never remember where I got anything if I didn't create demo folders for the different events.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

You can also make a folder and name it Demos .. then inside that folder create five new folders with the name of each region in the event. When you've collected everything in one region drop all the objects into the folder for that region.

Catznip will do this for you, just set the path and bamf ... 

kmYpSO6.png

56 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

You can also make a folder and name it Demos .. then inside that folder create five new folders with the name of each region in the event. When you've collected everything in one region drop all the objects into the folder for that region. Do that for each region and then you have a really good idea where you got the items. I do that all the time especially for events as I always take demos home and it may be a few days before I even try the demos on. I'd never remember where I got anything if I didn't create demo folders for the different events.

I thought I was organized when I created a demo folder... lol!

Also, your adorable tables look amazing on my boat and were EXACTLY what I needed! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

if you look on your transaction history it will list purchases with the region even if L$0

eg

Destination: Milli Mole 
Object Sale 
Region: SL16B Impressive 
Description: SL16B Female Rebel Avatar

I always forget to look there for L$0 transactions.

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Some of you people are just so darned organized.  :)

13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I thought I was organized when I created a demo folder... lol!

^^ This

• Like 1

One reason to put things in boxes is that, while llGiveInventory, which gives items one at a time,  works anywhere on the grid, llGiveInventoryList, which gives the list of items in a folder, works only if the receiving avatar is on the same region.

So if you're using a remote vendor system, you pretty much have to put things in boxes, or it's not going to work terribly well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, yes! Given how difficult it is to even get into some of the shopping sims, or move around when you do get in (although I didn't find it too bad this morning), the idea of getting a demo, taking it somewhere to try it on, and then getting back in, and finding the store . . . is a disincentive to be sure

for which sim, go to @Chic Aeon's blog, she id's them

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/06/hop-and-shop-june-2019-store-list-and.html

Edited by kali Wylder
to get the url
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.