You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been in SL for a little under a year and I have very few places I actually thoroughly enjoy.

• Specific Places I Need Recommendations in
  1. All types of Stores  -  Animations - Furniture - Hair - Shoes - Accessories - Mesh Heads - Clothes - ETC     ! I Use Maitreya Body !
  2. Hangout spots of all kinds, places I can meet new people and friends in a welcoming community.
  3. Anywhere with beautiful Scenery, good for photography and/or exploring
  4. Gaming sims that is legal in all states (If it's possible) I've been dying to check one out; either General or moderate i'm guessing
  5. Job agencies and Educational Sims of any kind.

If I did not list anything you would recommend me, Tell me anyways because I want to broaden my horizons.

Also feel free to IM me in game. I should be on for a bit - Vimerietta

Stores... we sort of need some idea of what you like. I have just under a gazillion LM's for stores I like. Addams, Blueberry, for sexy - pretty clothes and Scandalize for trashy HAWT. Wild Orchid for evening wear. Then there are events... these are probably the best for you. Lots of stores will have displays at the events. You can see and pick the ones you like, FaMESHed, COLLABOR88, Cosmopolitan Events, and then the web sites that track the events Seraphim and the awesome iHeartSL. All the top designers and many many new designers get posted in iHeartSL.

Hangouts... we way need to know what you like. There are SOOOooo many diverse types of places. Roleplay? Party places, Dance, music, pick up (as in meat rack), BDSM... LGBT... GOR... Politics, Religion, Philosophy... Use in and out world search to find groups. The people in the group you like will know the places...

Scenery... zOMG! The forum isn't big enough for the list. Jump to the Destination Guide or bounce over to Flickr and check the Explore Second Life group. Also, look in the SL Forum's How Does Your Avatar Look Today... - This is a group that is friendly and fun, so it hits on a couple of your requests and they are always looking for backdrops to show off their avatars.

Gaming... sort of like gambling... I don't. So no recommendations.

Jobs & Education... These are a bit harder to find. There is an SL Forum section for each. Use the top menu here or forum search. The Destination Guide is a good choice for these too.

There are numerous groups in SL, support, gaming, fashion,... think it up and someone has most likely already done it. Check out Topless Cruising (sailing), check out Get The Freight Out -  a shipping and transport game, flying groups - I find so many places and things flying a helicopter, motorcycle clubs that ride through SL...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Stores: That's pretty vauge, but Fallen Gods if you're into fantasy skins. Vista Animations for AO's. TRUTH for hair (try the demos ;)

EDCOT park is something nifty to check out. Keep in mind some things can be glitchy, but overall fun as heck especially with friends on voice chat. If you fall off into water or have ride glitches, you can always tp back :P I'm new, but enjoying the wandering :P 

Backdrop City is awesome for photography scenes, my current prof pic was taken there. 

Another suggestion is to go to the events tab and check out live singers. There are some really good live performances out there.  

2 hours ago, buttonsnrubbish said:

Stores: That's pretty vauge, but Fallen Gods if you're into fantasy skins. Vista Animations for AO's. TRUTH for hair (try the demos ;)

EDCOT park is something nifty to check out. Keep in mind some things can be glitchy, but overall fun as heck especially with friends on voice chat. If you fall off into water or have ride glitches, you can always tp back :P I'm new, but enjoying the wandering :P 

Backdrop City is awesome for photography scenes, my current prof pic was taken there. 

Another suggestion is to go to the events tab and check out live singers. There are some really good live performances out there.  

Better dont waste your time or energy.
The thread is already a few months old and the thread starter didnt even bother to say thank you to Nalates detailled answer...

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, Vimerietta said:

I have been in SL for a little under a year and I have very few places I actually thoroughly enjoy.

• Specific Places I Need Recommendations in
  1. All types of Stores  -  Animations - Furniture - Hair - Shoes - Accessories - Mesh Heads - Clothes - ETC     ! I Use Maitreya Body !
  2. Hangout spots of all kinds, places I can meet new people and friends in a welcoming community.
  3. Anywhere with beautiful Scenery, good for photography and/or exploring
  4. Gaming sims that is legal in all states (If it's possible) I've been dying to check one out; either General or moderate i'm guessing
  5. Job agencies and Educational Sims of any kind.

If I did not list anything you would recommend me, Tell me anyways because I want to broaden my horizons.

Also feel free to IM me in game. I should be on for a bit - Vimerietta

I recommend you start here: https://secondlife.com/destinations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.