2 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

i never edited it i highlighted what i said to prove a point... 

Ah, correct - I glanced up at the wrong post above mine. Still, the content remains the same.

21 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Second Life is NOT real life. It's FANTASY.

By your own definition sex with a child avatar would be fine with you because, 'this is not real'? where do you draw a line or does hiding behind that line allow you to believe it is ok? 

Yes this is very much a trigger for me. I wont be quiet when people treat the subject as some sick joke and making it as such says more about you then it does me. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ananoelle said:

By your own definition sex with a child avatar would be fine with you because, 'this is not real'? where do you draw a line or does hiding behind that line allow you to believe it is ok? 

Yes this is very much a trigger for me. I wont be quiet when people treat the subject as some sick joke and making it as such says more about you then it does me. 

To your first sentence: Nowhere did I mention it. It also happens to violate ToS which is why I didn't. Anyone who does engage in said acts won't be doing so for long before being banned or reported. Possibly even arrested in the real world should things be egregious enough. It doesn't really warrant discussion. But since you mention it, and your tone implies some degree of conscious concealment on my part, I'll simply say; no it wouldn't. That's obvious to me as I assumed it would be to anyone with a little commonsense. But should you interpret that differently as was intended or take offense to that again, that's your choice. 

To your second sentence: I don't believe anyone told you to be quiet. As for "sick joke" I'm still amused you have yet to point any of this anger at the rapist in this story. Twice you've still elected to consciously offend other people on the ground that you are offended, people who have just as much a right to an opinion as you do. And twice you've made your point clear. I'm not sure what purpose there is to exchanging these posts are beyond the fact you need a place to vent your frustration, suffice to say I'm not sure that this thread, or even online is the place to do it. Should things continue along this course I expect that this topic might end up being locked. I'm not sure if that helps the OP or anyone else in a similar predicament, but again, that's your call to make. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

To your first sentence: Nowhere did I mention it. It also happens to violate ToS which is why I didn't. Anyone who does engage in said acts won't be doing so for long before being banned or reported. Possibly even arrested in the real world should things be egregious enough. It doesn't really warrant discussion. But since you mention it, and your tone implies some degree of conscious concealment on my part, I'll simply say; no it wouldn't. That's obvious to me as I assumed it would be to anyone with a little commonsense. But should you interpret that differently as was intended or take offense to that again, that's your choice. 

To your second sentence: I don't believe anyone told you to be quiet. As for "sick joke" I'm still amused you have yet to point any of this anger at the rapist in this story. Twice you've still elected to consciously offend other people on the ground that you are offended, people who have just as much a right to an opinion as you do. And twice you've made your point clear. I'm not sure what purpose there is to exchanging these posts are beyond the fact you need a place to vent your frustration, suffice to say I'm not sure that this thread, or even online is the place to do it. Should things continue along this course I expect that this topic might end up being locked. I'm not sure if that helps the OP or anyone else in a similar predicament, but again, that's your call to make. 

I replied to your comment to me that is all. I also wanted to see where your line in the sand was. Apparently that is in the sand at sex with a child avatar. I simply quoted your words Second life is NOT real life ITS FANTASY <<do you see just how loose those words are? The person I quoted has not been back yet. She is where I pointed my comment at because her "rapists" dont last long comment. And yes I called you pathetic for laughing, I stand by that..

As for the lindens shutting this thread down, that is up to them. Open discussion about what is deemed acceptable or not should be encouraged not silenced. I will however not compare the two unspeakable acts again. Both, in my eyes should be against ToS 

I shall wait for the OP I quoted.. 

2 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Open discussion about what is deemed acceptable or not should be encouraged not silenced. 

Except apparently when opinions differ from yours.

Just now, ananoelle said:

And I shall let the matter rest. I've said all I intended to say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ananoelle said:

As for the lindens shutting this thread down, that is up to them. Open discussion about what is deemed acceptable or not should be encouraged not silenced. I will however not compare the two unspeakable acts again. Both, in my eyes should be against ToS 

I kind of think that LL would be neither interested nor capable of cracking down on a very prolific form of play just because you can't get your mind behind it. There are several sims dedicated to that sort of play, and it's perhaps one of the most common forms of basic bondage role play. They're against age-play because not having a policy against it would get them in legal problems - and I'm fairly certain it's quite common despite this, as there's no surveillance of what people do in their private lands, it becomes an issue when people bring it to public. And if you think that age-play is just 'child avis in sexual situations', then you obviously don't understand the concept or the process thereof - age-play is generally about a power dynamic where one takes the mental  role of a child, usually through juvenile behavior and clothing, it's a state of mind and a form of power play which doesn't necessarily include any child avatars. The reason it's such a hush-hush issue in SL is that people CAN make avatars in the guise of minors, but this is the exception rather than the rule.

I get that not everyone understands these things, no one can be expected to be aware or understanding of everything - but perhaps don't make such sweeping statements when you clearly don't know what you're talking about. At the very least you could skim over the introduction of its Wikipedia article before you start verbal tantrums against random strangers on the Internet.

Edited by Orwar
Censorship!
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Second life is NOT real life ITS FANTASY <<do you see just how loose those words are?

I've already made my comment RE: OP, but to this, the above quoted, I must say: there is nothing "loose" about those words. In fact, they are pretty specific and all-encompassing, as they should be: Subject: SL, Context: Fantasy. This is called being pithy and accurate.

If you (being a general "you", meaning anyone reading this,) inject your own contextual meaning other than the definition of the specific words used in another's statement, then that is your own misunderstanding. Furthermore, no one has a "right" to be not-offended; anything you take offense with regarding the words of another, is solely your own doing; no one owes you anything. The fact that people rightly or wrongly take offense at the words of another is the very reason we (in the United States) have "freedom of speech" burned into our national Constitution. In other words: No such thing as "right to not be offended" and "your misunderstanding of anything is your own problem."

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ananoelle said:

This isnt exploring one's sexuality which is healthy to do. There are a lot of things in sl that I will put it in the self-exploration basket BDSM etc, rape however I cannot. Rape and p3dophilia both cross lines that should never be searched out, encouraged even RPed. The fact you find enjoyment in it tells me a lot about the kind of person you are. I know girls who have been raped in parks while walking home from a friends house in the middle of the day, a boy who had a beer bottles shoved up his ass all because some drunk pr!cks decided it would be fun. This is spitting on every rape survivor in the world today. 

People do have those fantasies, that is a fact, nothing you can do about it. And if they can live out those fantasies with other consenting people having the same fantasies in a private setting or roleplaying "game", that's a really good and harmless way to vent those fantasies. Much better than the alternatives.

In RL yeah, you draw that line and rape is horrible. In RL so is war, murder and many other crimes. Some even more so than rape probably, yet there's tons of video games, or roleplay settings with crime families and mobsters. People love playing those. Any idea about the truly horrible stuff those guys did in RL? Theres tons of war games or roleplay settings, and I don't know what else more. Does that make each of those roleplayers heartless people too?

People find enjoyment and entertainment in a lot of stuff that if it happens to you in real life is horrible. You probably do the same. Or do you not enjoy a good murder mystery novel? Or a crime scene series. A war movie? Is that spitting on every war, murder or crime victim in the world too?

I'm truly sorry if RL experiences maybe made this a sensitive subject, but that's not the blame of roleplayers in an online platform.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I've already made my comment RE: OP, but to this, the above quoted, I must say: there is nothing "loose" about those words. In fact, they are pretty specific and all-encompassing, as they should be: Subject: SL, Context: Fantasy. This is called being pithy and accurate.

My reply was backing up to the rest of the comments. You say what I quoted from Raeleeh was pretty specific which yes it is however, picking and choosing when that 'specific' applies is straight hypocrisy. Rape is ok because it is fantasy and not real but meddling with a c-avatar automatically becomes taboo and very real. Last I checked BOTH actions are a crime, both actions very real and very real people deal with the effects of both every single day but carry on because it not being real is a pass to freely simulate it here under the role play banner.

(No @RaeLeeH never mentioned c-avatars. I did, to see how far is too far. I just want to be clear with that)

Orwar, this has nothing to do with you having a braty sub on her/his knees calling you daddy. Not at all am I talking about bdsm. You see it written and you automatically think I'm knocking it down. I fully encourage healthy role play, I just cant see how rape play is healthy. So ima leave this all here. We have our opinions. I read yours and have made mine clear.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Sure, I'll die on this hill: Everything is okay in fantasy. Everything, even if it's completely immoral.

Just be very careful about making ridiculous assumptions about me after reading that, because I have my own scars as well. That doesn't mean everything is okay in SL either, because it does have rules. Rape RP (which amusingly requires consent and cooperation) just isn't against those rules, though real harassment of the person is. (And by extension, if the story in the main post of this thread is real, it isn't okay either.)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, ananoelle said:

The fact you find enjoyment in it tells me a lot about the kind of person you are. To the people who laughed at this stupid comment, your just as pathetic as the poster. 

The fact you don't know a ***** about me and my real life experiences ( and of others  who liked my joke) and labeled me after just one comment line tell me a lot about you too.I do not support real life forced sex experience, any kind of them and, from my view, death penalty for proved rapists is ok.The point of the joke was not to make fun of the victims but to show how pathetic are some of the 'rapists' in SL. And my fantasies are my own, and is no one *****ing business ( and i am not alone in this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_fantasy

18 hours ago, ananoelle said:

go about your fantasy like it isnt something that effects real people every single bloody day.

lot of ***** affects people every day. Wars and crimes are all over the world.Should we stop to play war games? Murder/mistery  games/ movies.? How about killing inocent animals for your food? List can go on forever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Sorry to make you wait.I was busy with my fantasies

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Kweopi said:

The point of the joke was not to make fun of the victims but to show how pathetic are some of the 'rapists' in SL. 

Yes, that's why I laughed. It was a "deluded losers failing on the internet" joke, not a "rape is funny" joke. 

16 hours ago, ananoelle said:

straight hypocrisy

Let me guess: fan of Game of Thrones? If not then why not the same gusto and passion of rhetoric about that? Every bit as real as is Second Life.

• Haha 1

As far as i know, RLV is off bu default in Firestorm. One can not download Firestorm and then suddenly have a "surprise" without actually enabling the function first.

Then there's the issue of not closing the program for an hour and a half, while things that the person doesn't want, are ongoing. If one doesn't realise that the avatar disappears from the sim/grid when logging off, then that person might not have the cognitive maturity to count as an individual above 18 years old.

In other words, you can't force anyone to remain logged on. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

To borrow from *gasp* FetLife:  "That's not my kink, but that's OK."

I'm not into butt-sex.  So when I see it, IN REAL LIFE SEX CLUBS, do I start shouting about it?  No, I go to another room or whatever.  It's not MY kink, but that's >>>OK<<<

People do indeed have fantasies about being raped or committing rape.  As someone who's known RL rape victims, as well as someone who's had to deal with consent violations in RL BDSM clubs, it's a fantasy that is way too much for me to watch.

But it's like pizza:  You like sausage and other dead animals all over your pizza.  I like veggies.  Different tastes, BUT THAT'S OK.

Do you run into the pizza shop and yell at folks?  How the fact that they're eating anchovies tells you so much about them?

Sexual fantasies are a human right.  People have the right to act them out, in any way they want, real or virtual, so long as no actual harm is done and so long as there is mutual consent.

The comment about wanting to meet a more persistent "rapist" -- and my putting that in quote marks is vital, as play rape, even when done in real life, isn't real rape...and you know what, let's spend some time on that instead.  As someone who ALSO knows rape victims, your equating of a rape fantasy in SL as if it were real rape cheapens the seriousness of the word, and of real rape.  So if anyone is spitting on rape victims, as you claimed, I'd say take a good hard look in the mirror.

So.  The comment about wanting to meet a more persistent "rapist" is her fantasy.  It's not my fantasy.  BUT.  THAT'S.  OK.

The fact that you think it's OK to fetshame people says a lot about YOU.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Kweopi said:

Sorry to make you wait.I was busy with my fantasies

And this week's award for Winner of the Internet goes to...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I like veggies.  Different tastes, BUT THAT'S OK.

Slams fist into the table. You what?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/2/2019 at 7:31 PM, Orwar said:

Slams fist into the table. You what?!

Yep, I'm vegan.  I only torture humans.  *grin*

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 5:55 AM, Alyona Su said:

Let me guess: fan of Game of Thrones? If not then why not the same gusto and passion of rhetoric about that? Every bit as real as is Second Life.

WHAT?!?!?

Oh.  Oh, ho ho ho, ha ha NO.  Pork sausage!

ramsay.jpg

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Haha 3

I feel sorry for the OP. First their partner cheats on them (multiple times), then their partner tries to exploit their naivity once they fear, that the cheating might come to light.

• Like 4

Well with a thread like this, it was only a matter of time before someone showed up and attempted to make a sweeping morality judgement, get called on it and then attempt (unsuccessfully) to walk it back a bit ...

Look, if it isn't your cup of tea or if you find yourself triggered by it move on. You speak for no one other than yourself - period. You can pass on a view as second hand but you cannot speak for the person whose view/actions you have shared.

As a case in point on that? My real life SO and I have more than once engaged in similar enough play, in text and physically. While she'd respect your opinion she'd also be rather annoyed that you tried to speak for her (and the fact that you've made such broad statements does in fact convey that you tried to speak for 'everyone' that has had that experience) while also being annoyed at your rather narrow mindset.

This is normally where I'd say to grow up and welcome you to Second Life ... Not quite adequate however so ...

Welcome to Life. Grow up.

• Like 2

I don't object to the rape fantasy or need it explained to me. But it would appear that there is a survivor on this thread who understandably found the content very upsetting. I may not agree with what she's saying, but I suspect that she is more distressed by all this than we are by her objections. The point's been made, pretty clearly, by several posters. Perhaps we can leave her alone now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Provided said poster can actually move on and resist the urge to further argue, sure Amina.

They already haven't posted anything since the ultimatum..

• Like 2