cant login to sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have been unable for 6 days now to log into second life using firestorm 64 bit latest viewer...this is very frustrating for me & i have tried everything that i found that might fix it..is any1 else having this problem & i checked the grids & nothing is going on there..the viewer hangs at: requesting region capabilities ... i also tried logging in with the SL viewer & singularity & catznip..& it hangs at same spot...ive done a clean reinstall of firestorm... i did system restores to when the viewer was working fine..i checked my whole system for viruses & none of this worked :( if u have any idea wat it might be pleaseee help..im missing sooooooo much in SL...edited to add that just now i also tried logging into SL with my HP windows 7 laptop with no luck hanging at the same spot as on my MSI windows 10 laptop... ive also posted 5 days ago a support ticket with no results yet ..im at my wits end.. i was hoping some1 could help me thx

Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Feb  9 2019 18:55:39 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (2494.24 MHz)
Memory: 16302 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18362.175)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 20.19.15.4624
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 382.05

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.10
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 1024 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-6-21T6:17:21 
Built with MSVC version 1800
June 21 2019 21:43:35 SLT

Edited by Brooke323
left out important information

9 hours ago, Brooke323 said:

i have been unable for 6 days now to log into second life using firestorm 64 bit latest viewer...this is very frustrating for me & i have tried everything that i found that might fix it..is any1 else having this problem & i checked the grids & nothing is going on there..the viewer hangs at: requesting region capabilities ... i also tried logging in with the SL viewer & singularity & catznip..& it hangs at same spot...ive done a clean reinstall of firestorm... i did system restores to when the viewer was working fine..i checked my whole system for viruses & none of this worked :( if u have any idea wat it might be pleaseee help..im missing sooooooo much in SL...edited to add that just now i also tried logging into SL with my HP windows 7 laptop with no luck hanging at the same spot as on my MSI windows 10 laptop... ive also posted 5 days ago a support ticket with no results yet ..im at my wits end.. i was hoping some1 could help me thx

If logging in with different viewers still hang, it is possibly a 'flat inventory' problem.

First thing to do is try logging in with an alt account. If you do not have one, go create a newbie account and try to log the account in - with any viewer.  If that works, then open a Support ticket and tell LL that you might have a 'flat inventory' - they have a utility to fix that.

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

scroll down in this thread to Whirly Fizzle's name for the 1903 fix

That is actually a 'graphics gone wild' issues.  People can log in just fine with that Windows update, but when they exit the viewer their graphics are all messed up.  The Windows update actually causes the graphics issue just from starting the viewer and exiting it, whether or not you actually log in -- but it does not prevent login.

• Thanks 1

thx molly but my problem is just logging in...everything else works fine ..no problem with my internet....& ive run out of things to try so im going to get live support chat to try & help me & i already wrote a ticket 6 days ago & got no help from them yet :(

I've dug back through a bunch of old posts and they all say that this is definitely a connection issue of some sort.  So, even though your other internet access if fine, try rebooting both your modem and your router to see if that helps - if you haven't yet.  Also, you could try using the google DNS server in case something is going on with your IPs. 

This article has other things to try, some of which you may have already tried, but give it a read anyway - can't hurt.
http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

When you did your Firestorm clean install, did that include wiping out the Firestorm folders in you APPDATA location?

More reading w/ more things to check:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.