Jump to content

Sooo Not sure if neighbor or someone else


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

Apparently the sound was never restricted to parcel when i got it. So i fixed it. It is now restricted. 

With as close as the homes are, especially the houseboats, the default for that really should be set restricted to parcel on Bellisseria.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I came home to this and not sure what to do. Never got a message about my sound but I fixed it. Sooo now I don't know how to get rid of this....

If anything like that happens again, take the picture and submit an AR right away.  Even if they remove such things, they need to know that they can't do that to begin with.

AND this was not something her neighbor had on his boat... it was an "off-sim" style thing... the root prim was on his boat and the offensive object was on her boat... It was HIS object but he made it

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

With as close as the homes are, especially the houseboats, the default for that really should be set restricted to parcel on Bellisseria.

agree. I think it should be the default even on old mainland when land is abandoned and LL resets the parcel

ps add.  Personally if it was my estate then I would give the neighbour who did that, a holiday from SL for a while

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

With as close as the homes are, especially the houseboats, the default for that really should be set restricted to parcel on Bellisseria.

 

Since Bellisseria was meant to instill a renewed sense of community, perhaps they had musical gatherings/parties/campfires in mind, where music was supposed to leave the parcel? Only reason I can think of not to restrict sound to parcel.

Edited by kiramanell
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

Since Bellisseria was meant to instill a renewed sense of community, perhaps they had musical gatherings/parties/campfires in mind, where music was supposed to leave the parcel? Only reason I can think of not to restrict sound to parcel.

People could open it up for block parties. I wasn't meaning disabled permanently. Hearing everything going on all the time doesn't necessarily instill community. I know I wish I could restrict to parcel (or defender/block) the yappy ankle biter next door or the drunks and their bonfires in RL lol

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

Apparently the sound was never restricted to parcel when i got it. So i fixed it. It is now restricted. 

Nice!  And your neighbor shouldn't have lost their cool over a week of absence to begin with, even if you left the radio playing or whatever.  It's fully within their power to mute your objects, or to file an AR themselves, but what they chose to do instead was just childish.  Sounds like Bellisseria is lucky to have you, and I hope you meet a lot of nice people here!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Branduff Bisnovat said:

It's fully within their power to mute your objects

yes this

is what really annoys me about what that person did. How hard is it to use google and get a million hits that tell exactly to do this

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It matters not how long you were away or even that the neighbors did not like whatever sounds were involved here.  Restricting sounds to your parcel is definitely a nice thing to do, but also definitely not a requirement.  Thus the neighbor couldn't AR you - or if they did, nothing would have happened.  However, that does not give them the right to resort to childish behavior like that.

Me being the a-hole that I am sometimes, I would likely have gotten stubborn and left the sounds as they were (maybe even added a few more) and then AR'd the neighbor's object because that is definitely against TOS.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

Nice!  And your neighbor shouldn't have lost their cool over a week of absence to begin with, even if you left the radio playing or whatever.  It's fully within their power to mute your objects, or to file an AR themselves, but what they chose to do instead was just childish.  Sounds like Bellisseria is lucky to have you, and I hope you meet a lot of nice people here!

Thank you. For the most part I meet nice people. That was the first jerk I met in my time on SL

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It matters not how long you were away or even that the neighbors did not like whatever sounds were involved here.  Restricting sounds to your parcel is definitely a nice thing to do, but also definitely not a requirement.  Thus the neighbor couldn't AR you - or if they did, nothing would have happened.  However, that does not give them the right to resort to childish behavior like that.

Me being the a-hole that I am sometimes, I would likely have gotten stubborn and left the sounds as they were (maybe even added a few more) and then AR'd the neighbor's object because that is definitely against TOS.

 

I would but honestly I want my boat to look good xD i am going to move though as soon as houses are available.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience has been to restrict sound on my parcel, and that mutes the sound on neighboring parcels for me.  I don’t know why your neighbor didn’t do that. It would have been an easier solution. It must have been more rewarding for them to act like a jerk. I’ve also had to block some objects on neighboring parcels at times but never would have dreamed of contacting the owners of the “tell-tale” clocks. Sorry you experienced this, @KittyKatt2565

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

My experience has been to restrict sound on my parcel, and that mutes the sound on neighboring parcels for me.  I don’t know why your neighbor didn’t do that. It would have been an easier solution. It must have been more rewarding for them to act like a jerk. I’ve also had to block some objects on neighboring parcels at times but never would have dreamed of contacting the owners of the “tell-tale” clocks. Sorry you experienced this, @KittyKatt2565

It is alright. I just wish he would have went about it in a different way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

My experience has been to restrict sound on my parcel, and that mutes the sound on neighboring parcels for me.  

Restricting sounds to your parcel does not block out sounds from other parcels - not on regular Mainland anyway (I have no clue if private regions can handle that differently).  If you are not hearing sounds from outside parcels, that would have to be coincidence and luck - with there being no outside sounds or them being far enough away that you can't hear them.

We've actually whined quite a bit on these forums about how LL needs to give us an option so that we can easily block out sound from outside our parcel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Restricting sounds to your parcel does not block out sounds from other parcels - not on regular Mainland anyway (I have no clue if private regions can handle that differently).

My experience in Bellisseria is that if I disable sounds from my parcel going outside, then it also disables sounds coming from other parcels to my parcel.
It indeed does work both ways.

It's very easy for me to verify this to be a fact as my house is located next to a water way where boats often go by. When I disable sounds from my parcel going out, then I cannot hear the sounds emanating from the boats passing by. On the other hand, when I have not disabled the sounds going out from my parcel then I can hear the sounds from the boats passing by.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Restricting sounds to your parcel does not block out sounds from other parcels - not on regular Mainland anyway (I have no clue if private regions can handle that differently).  If you are not hearing sounds from outside parcels, that would have to be coincidence and luck - with there being no outside sounds or them being far enough away that you can't hear them.

We've actually whined quite a bit on these forums about how LL needs to give us an option so that we can easily block out sound from outside our parcel.

My experience it that if I block sounds on my parcel it blocks all sounds outside of my parcel as well and I am in mainland 95% of the time I've been in SL. I notice this because I really like some of the sounds dropped by moles, like ocean sounds and lapping waves, so quite often don't want to limit sounds to my parcel. When a neighbor has a sound I don't like I just find the object emitting the sounds and derender said object. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

Maybe it is different on Mainland. I’ve rented mostly on private estates. It’s worked for me that way. Blessed silence. I don’t usually have my sound on anyway and don’t use voice. I’m probably the exception to the rule.

 

8 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

My experience in Bellisseria is that if I disable sounds from my parcel going outside, then it also disables sounds coming from other parcels to my parcel.
It indeed does work both ways.

It's very easy for me to verify this to be a fact as my house is located next to a water way where boats often go by. When I disable sounds from my parcel going out, then I cannot hear the sounds emanating from the boats passing by. On the other hand, when I have not disabled the sounds going out from my parcel then I can hear the sounds from the boats passing by.

 

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

My experience it that if I block sounds on my parcel it blocks all sounds outside of my parcel as well and I am in mainland 95% of the time I've been in SL. I notice this because I really like some of the sounds dropped by moles, like ocean sounds and lapping waves, so quite often don't want to limit sounds to my parcel. When a neighbor has a sound I don't like I just find the object emitting the sounds and derender said object. 

 

That is actually good to hear.   I always keep the sounds restricted to my parcel, but on a Mainland piece I had a early this year, I had to go find a neighbor's sound item and blacklist it.  Or maybe that was a fluke for some odd reason.   It has definitely been a long time since I did any actual testing of that.

 

ETA - Maybe I'm remembering the whole forum topic backwards.  Maybe want folks were wanting was a specific button to restrict outside sounds coming in to their parcel.  Since my sounds are only on about 25% of the time, my memory may very well be borked on this item.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming this was not your radio streaming station that was the issue with the neighbor (that should only be heard in your parcel), but an object that plays sounds, i.e. a piano with music or such.  I, myself, am one that has a few instruments in my home that animate playing and have beautiful songs in them.  I don't play them often, but I do enjoy playing them.  Luckily, mine stop emitting sound as soon as I stand from the instrument.  I do know there are many objects, like music boxes, that will play on and on and can be annoying to near by neighbors and you simply have to mute the object to avoid hearing it.  Some of these items come with a sound range volume, some do not.

None of this excuses the neighbor's rude and inconsiderate attitude to conduct his issue with your sounds in this manner.  I hope you have a peaceful future with this neighbor, so you can continue enjoying your SL experience in your new Linden home.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so after some thinking I released my Boat. I do not want to live next to this guy. I am going to be refreshing until I find a home. Or if more become available then fantastic. Whom ever gets my old place I wish you luck and just remember to restrict sounds. ^^

  • Like 1
  • Sad 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

Ok so after some thinking I released my Boat. I do not want to live next to this guy. I am going to be refreshing until I find a home. Or if more become available then fantastic. Whom ever gets my old place I wish you luck and just remember to restrict sounds. ^^

I am so sorry that you felt that you had to do this. Boats are so hard to come by and his bullying was outrageous and embarrassing for you and completely out of line by him. You did nothing wrong.

I really hope you get another boat soon with some really wonderful neighbors!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I am so sorry that you felt that you had to do this. Boats are so hard to come by and his bullying was outrageous and embarrassing for you and completely out of line by him. You did nothing wrong.

I really hope you get another boat soon with some really wonderful neighbors!

Thank you ^^ I actually am going to hold out for a home. I really wanted one. The boat was cool but I prefer the house

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

Apparently the sound was never restricted to parcel when i got it. So i fixed it. It is now restricted. 

Even if it was not restricted, that is not against the covenant and NOTHING that anyone does warrants what he did to you... nothing

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

To my knowledge this isn't unique to Belisseria, (the return thing, anyway, banlines are definitely restricted still.) 

I have indeed on mainland returned many objects before that were encroaching.  I had a neighbor once that liked to put large blocky sculpted prims that would be rooted on his own land but come over my border by several meters sometimes impaling my house.  Out of frustration one day I looked in my About Land Objects and no object from his was on my land... but... i tried returning it anyways and to my delight it got returned... And every time after that i was able to return an encroaching object.  This can be done in Mainland.  I have done it on 2 separate continents including my current one.  

But I think they have that turned off for the Linden Home land otherwise she should have been able to return it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you restrict sound to parcel, then you can't hear other people's parcel while on your own(one of my neighbors has a dog that barks from time to time, with my sound restricted I don't hear it; with it not restricted, I do). So that sounded like more of an issue of that person refusing to restrict sounds. I'm sorry you ran in to one of the nasties. =( What they moved on to your parcel was clearly themselves.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...