Jump to content
KittyKatt2565

Sooo Not sure if neighbor or someone else

Recommended Posts

So I came home to this and not sure what to do. Never got a message about my sound but I fixed it. Sooo now I don't know how to get rid of this....

stupid.png

wtf.png

  • Confused 3
  • Sad 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

It is fixed. The neighbor basically put it there from his land.

If anything like that happens again, take the picture and submit an AR right away.  Even if they remove such things, they need to know that they can't do that to begin with.

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do one of two things

1. Ignore and wait for it to go away it because rentals usually dont last long.

2. Rez a cube on your side and hide it then put a picture on it you like. 

Usually it isn't worth fussing over..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chardonay Babii said:

Do one of two things

1. Ignore and wait for it to go away it because rentals usually dont last long.

2. Rez a cube on your side and hide it then put a picture on it you like. 

Usually it isn't worth fussing over..

That isn't a rental though -- those are the Linden Home houseboats

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If anything like that happens again, take the picture and submit an AR right away.  Even if they remove such things, they need to know that they can't do that to begin with.

Ok i willl do that. I wish i knew to do that before. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chardonay Babii said:

Do one of two things

1. Ignore and wait for it to go away it because rentals usually dont last long.

2. Rez a cube on your side and hide it then put a picture on it you like. 

Usually it isn't worth fussing over..

 

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That isn't a rental though -- those are the Linden Home houseboats

AND this was not something her neighbor had on his boat... it was an "off-sim" style thing... the root prim was on his boat and the offensive object was on her boat... It was HIS object but he made it to appear as though it was on her boat... So apparently LL has it set so that you cannot send back encroaching objects so she could not send it back... I REALLY think Linden Labs @Patch Linden needs to allow residents to send back encroaching objects.  its really sick what this sicko did to her.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

Ok i willl do that. I wish i knew to do that before. 

For sure!  That would either be considered encroachment or object littering.  Probably encroachment.  Maybe both.

Your neighbor is clearly a bit of a schmuck, so when they do this sort of thing again, here's a thorough guide on everything you might want to consider when you make an abuse report.  Tutorial: Raising Abuse Reports in Second Life

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a nasty minded individual your neighbour is ....hope it hasn't upset you too much. I can well imagine it might of.  ♥

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, that is some seriously petty behavior on the part of your neighbor; they seem quite entitled.  Sorry you had to deal with that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the upside to all this, you may have one really toxic douche bag as a neighbor... but in this thread alone you could easily make a ton of really cool Bellisseria friends 😃

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

So I came home to this and not sure what to do. Never got a message about my sound but I fixed it. Sooo now I don't know how to get rid of this....

 

That is so horrible, and mean spirited.  I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

 

stupid.png

not saying your neighbour took the right route...its disgusting, but clearly they seem to think they asked yoú something and didn't do it fast enough?.. neighbouring sounds from parcels can be a horrible annoyance....
(i'd AR such objects without even try to remove)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

not saying your neighbour took the right route...its disgusting, but clearly they seem to think they asked yoú something and didn't do it fast enough?.. neighbouring sounds from parcels can be a horrible annoyance....
(i'd AR such objects without even try to remove)

Abuse report directly against the landowner and right click to blacklisted it. This is the only way you can do. It is the matter of neighbour quality.  There are lot happen old linden house as well.

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am curious, because I don't stream music or listen to music or voice. Is it possible to cam in, click on a radio or tv and derender it, and then? Derender kill sound? Your neighbor has 3 friends over and they shout and scream. You mute them all, and don't hear them anymore?

The only thing you can't do something with is streaming on the parcel via something... I don't know it in detail, but it is set under land. That isn't possible to silence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to rderender the prim the sounf is in. At a place where I rented for a long time the owner put up nice Christmas decorations ... amongst them some carol- singers just outside my door! - I derendered them - still sing - but I derendered their INSTRUMENTS - quiet!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

It is fixed. The neighbor basically put it there from his land.

Defiantly report that, and that neighbor needs to go permanently, that is a direct violation of the COV. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

 

AND this was not something her neighbor had on his boat... it was an "off-sim" style thing... the root prim was on his boat and the offensive object was on her boat... It was HIS object but he made it to appear as though it was on her boat... So apparently LL has it set so that you cannot send back encroaching objects so she could not send it back... I REALLY think Linden Labs @Patch Linden needs to allow residents to send back encroaching objects.  its really sick what this sicko did to her.

Holy tomatoes, Batman!

Am I understanding this correctly; not only are you not allowed to return encroaching objects, but you're not allowed to use banlines either? 

The second one is what kills any interest in the new areas for me, but the first one just seals that coffin shut.

Any other 'not allowed-s' people should know about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Am I understanding this correctly; not only are you not allowed to return encroaching objects, but you're not allowed to use banlines either?

To my knowledge this isn't unique to Belisseria, (the return thing, anyway, banlines are definitely restricted still.)  Linked objects are wishy-washy when it comes to the, Right Click > Return, menu.  It comes down to the location of the root prim, if I recall correctly, as well as whether or not the encroaching linked objects are prim, mesh, or sculpties.  So it's uh, super simple. /s  (See my earlier post about abuse reports in case this happens to you on mainland and the return function fails.  It's normally pretty good, though!)

2 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

not saying your neighbour took the right route...its disgusting, but clearly they seem to think they asked yoú something and didn't do it fast enough?.. neighbouring sounds from parcels can be a horrible annoyance....
(i'd AR such objects without even try to remove)

I definitely agree it's rude for anyone to have audio leaving their parcel.  I didn't address this because the OP said that they never actually received a message from their neighbor.  To your point though, I think that audio should be restricted to parcels under the Bellisseria covenant because it drives me up the wall as well.  Of course I'm not excusing the behavior of the neighbors in question, (and I don't think you were either.)

Edited by Branduff Bisnovat
Edited for clarity because I lack clarity.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

 

AND this was not something her neighbor had on his boat... it was an "off-sim" style thing... the root prim was on his boat and the offensive object was on her boat... It was HIS object but he made it to appear as though it was on her boat... So apparently LL has it set so that you cannot send back encroaching objects so she could not send it back... I REALLY think Linden Labs @Patch Linden needs to allow residents to send back encroaching objects.  its really sick what this sicko did to her.

 

That's peculiar. This used to be the old system, where you cannot remove an encroaching object when its root is not on your parcel. But hadn't they changed that?! *Little confused here*. Maybe indeed @Patch Linden would be willing to clarify the matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

To my knowledge this isn't unique to Belisseria, (the return thing, anyway, banlines are definitely restricted still.)  Linked objects are wishy-washy when it comes to the, Right Click > Return, menu.  It comes down to the location of the root prim, if I recall correctly, as well as whether or not the encroaching linked objects are prim, mesh, or sculpties.  So it's uh, super simple. /s  (See my earlier post about abuse reports in case this happens to you on mainland and the return function fails.  It's normally pretty good, though!)

I definitely agree it's rude for anyone to have audio leaving their parcel.  I didn't address this because the OP said that they never actually received a message from their neighbor.  To your point though, I think that audio should be restricted to parcels under the Bellisseria covenant because it drives me up the wall as well.  Of course I'm not excusing the behavior of the neighbors in question, (and I don't think you were either.)

The problem is I thought the music was automatically restricted to my parcel. I had no idea that they could hear it. And i would be more likely to have seen an IM than a notecard. They sent me two note cards but i only knew that from me messaging the owner of the object. I was gone from SL for a week due to RL issues. They apparently had sent the first a week ago. So yeah it was really upsetting coming back to this. But when i read the message above when i tried to return the object i corrected the issue right away. I am more embarrassed about how my home looked.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

The problem is I thought the music was automatically restricted to my parcel. I had no idea that they could hear it. And i would be more likely to have seen an IM than a notecard. They sent me two note cards but i only knew that from me messaging the owner of the object. I was gone from SL for a week due to RL issues. They apparently had sent the first a week ago. So yeah it was really upsetting coming back to this. But when i read the message above when i tried to return the object i corrected the issue right away. I am more embarrassed about how my home looked.

 

I'm not fully awake yet, I suppose, but on my private island, I have many parcels, each with their own radio station on it. I've never heard *anything* seep out, sound-wise, from a neighnboring parcel. In fact, when I fly outside a parcel with music on it playing, to an adjactent parcel with no radio station defined on it, it immediately gets silent. *Still a little confused here*.

Edited by kiramanell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

I'm not fully awake yet, I suppose, but on my private island, I have many parcels, each with their own radio station on it. I've never heard *anything* seep out, sound-wise, from a neighnboring parcel. In fact, when I fly outside a parcel with music on it playing, to an adjactent parcel with no radio station defined on it, it immediately gets silent. *Still a little confused here*.

Apparently the sound was never restricted to parcel when i got it. So i fixed it. It is now restricted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...