Probably stupid question - LH preview at 16B

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know from Linden Homes, but I'm going to become premium for the first time (since 2005 lol), because I'm curious.  So I went to preview them at 16B, and was surprised to see  mailboxes with hovertext explaining that they are used to select the home for the lot.  What?  I thought you had to wait in line forever to get the exact style you liked best?  When I looked at the 4 styles on show, altho they had different footprints, they could all fit on similar lots.  Houseboats even more easily.   And trailers had a similar sign, tho no script in it.  Presumably appropriate landscaping would rez with the house.  Will new LH sims have the ability for users to change houses at will? 

Nah.  Gotta be a hallucination, that would make too much sense!

Yes when you purhase the "new style" of Linden homes, you essentially grab whatever pops up on the webpage. Then when you get to your house you can change it via the mailbox to 4 styles. Same with the houseboats using the life preserver ring, 4 different boats :) 

Edited by JessycaJayne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know from Linden Homes, but I'm going to become premium for the first time (since 2005 lol), because I'm curious.  So I went to preview them at 16B, and was surprised to see  mailboxes with hovertext explaining that they are used to select the home for the lot.  What?  I thought you had to wait in line forever to get the exact style you liked best?  When I looked at the 4 styles on show, altho they had different footprints, they could all fit on similar lots.  Houseboats even more easily.   And trailers had a similar sign, tho no script in it.  Presumably appropriate landscaping would rez with the house.  Will new LH sims have the ability for users to change houses at will? 

Nah.  Gotta be a hallucination, that would make too much sense!

You WILL be "waiting in line" or actually trying to find an available plot -- but it is the PLOT you are after -- either traditional home, houseboat or in the future trailers. Once you find an empty plot of the TYPE of new home you want, you confirm you want it (again you have to be FAST these days). Once you have your plots you can pick from any of four choices of styles (house or houseboat) and then change siding and walls and flooring to your liking via a control panel in your home. 

You can change house STYLES and COLORS at will, changing PLOTS --   no. You have to give up what you have and TRY for another lot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ZOMG.  Did someone buy LL when I wasn't looking?

Thank you for answering.  I feel sure this will not be the last of my stupid questions.

Oh, wait, here's another:  is there any way to create a 'sub-neighborhood' of friends?  I assume you cannot buy/sell LH lots.  But ... can you trade or anything?

ETA: Chic, your answer would seem to indicate that there is no aftermarket in LH plots, which I suppose makes sense, if LL ever wants to sell another piece of mainland.  :)  True?

Edited by Nika Talaj
looks like it was answered
  • Like 1

No, if you decide that you want something else after you get your new home. You would need to abandon it then re=roll for a new house type. There is also no commerce whatsoever on Bellisseria, which is the new continent that all of these homes are on/being built on. 

You should also join the two main Citizen groups inworld (even if you are not living there yet). Bellisseria Citizens and Bellisseria Community :)

46 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

ZOMG.  Did someone buy LL when I wasn't looking?

Thank you for answering.  I feel sure this will not be the last of my stupid questions.

Oh, wait, here's another:  is there any way to create a 'sub-neighborhood' of friends?  I assume you cannot buy/sell LH lots.  But ... can you trade or anything?

ETA: Chic, your answer would seem to indicate that there is no aftermarket in LH plots, which I suppose makes sense, if LL ever wants to sell another piece of mainland.  :)  True?

You can not rent it out or trade it. But there is nothing that says a friend can't stay in another ones house. The land can be set to a group. All group members can rez there. The houses stay LL property and they don't count against your LI. Even the hedges, fences and trees/bushes/decor/plants outside your land does not count against your LI. 

There is no aftermarket. They work just the same way as old Linden Homes. But there is some differences in the covenant. Banlines is not allowed. Security systems is allowed and LL gives out a free security system with the home. The security can't be 0 seconds, but 15 or 20, don't remember. You are allowed skyboxes here, but not under 2000m.

Lots of information here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

All new homes and boats is sold out. Follow this thread to see when new ones is released:

10 minutes ago, Karamel Madison said:

ok, now I am confused, do we get the house at the SLB16 or from the dashboard????

If you want a premium home you can view them here https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php If you want a Bellisseria property you need to be lightning fast in getting your home i saw a bunch of of homes and mainly boats come available today, everyone i tried to get came back "sold out"

1 minute ago, Karamel Madison said:

Thank you, JessycaJayne!!

All new homes and boats is sold out. The page will show you the old ones, Meadowbrook and others.

Just now, roseelvira said:

Your lucky ,,,,all  i  keep getting  is first generation  on my page ,,,,, not one time did any of  the new show  up ,,,,, 

I monitor it via an alt. It is at least 5 houses and/or boats every day that's abandoned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.