Off to preview New Linden Homes (What did you wear?)

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been enjoying exploring Second Life's 16th Birthday bash.  Have done a lot of walking around, looking at the new themed homes (trailers) along with the first releases of Traditional homes and House boats.  I have also been bicycling around the streets of the events and love the retro 50s theme. They have the Free avatar gifts you can pick up. I grabbed one and highly modified it, keeping the birthday jacket.  So, for fun, what did you wear to the event?  😎

https://gyazo.com/66f1cad24b10dfbc103f4969fc6b795f

Retro 50s.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1

It is pretty laggy in some locations of the events. I really enjoyed exploring the Linden homes set up, especially the winding rivers and many places dotted along the river banks to hang out and the radio station playing. I found bicycling afforded me the best solution to getting around the streets to fight the lag spikes. Off now exploring other areas of the events. This Tapestry of Time looks intriguing.

I am just at Mesmerize and do not feel much LAG. It is really a  cute little park where lots of refreshments await you.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3997cbca6c860f6864df1c1062bb1af.jpeg

On the other hand: at Magnifizent there are 30 Avatars on a little square - What may be there? - The Beatles?? - I'll try to CAM there

WEll it seems to be the "Festival Stage" devided in Quarters which can hold up to 30 Avatars.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

Well now I see!! Magnificent is just a beautiful landscype, like Mesmerize. I would wish for Bellisserias Mountain regions to be modeled like that.

image.thumb.jpeg.2412a4f85c457fa0506775463a54c448.jpeg

They built the stage in such a way that it covers the CORNERS of four regions - thus deviding the people and the LAG! Welldone!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Welcome Area was pretty mobbed and very laggy, so when I sent some alts over to get the freebie avatar/outfits, I put them in full alphas.

I simply wore a normal outfit that had my CI around 40k, I think.

My husband and I went to grab some of the gifts creators were offering for SL's 16th birthday celebration. I noticed this black ball beside me and tried to click on it to see what was inside as a gift. It turned out to be an avatar escaping the lag by arriving in a simple form.  😂

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

My husband and I went to grab some of the gifts creators were offering for SL's 16th birthday celebration. I noticed this black ball beside me and tried to click on it to see what was inside as a gift. It turned out to be an avatar escaping the lag by arriving in a simple form.  😂

I thought about wandering around checking things out and picking up gifts, but given the lag in a few areas, I just figured it would be a much more enjoyable experience after a few days.  

Ditto with the Hop & Shop (or Shop & Hop, whatever)

• Like 2

That is JUST what I thought!! I went to the stage and listened to the singer and danced a bit, but the LAG is such that peoples mesheads do not rezz! I see the wearing BRAINS instead and cannot take decent photos. To wait a few days would be a wise decision.

image.thumb.jpeg.202ee5ed67a5881ecd2be62f87f54b3f.jpeg

Anyway would people know how OTHERS see them, they might prefer to wear their "Minimal" - Outfit like I do! *lol*

Well if you keep staring at her long enough finally the singer turns to a woman instead of a zombie! ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.98a8a6db32039e41875ed5e53bcd1aa0.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

My husband and I are currently at the Festival Stage.  Not sure who is singing, but she's fantastic and a large crowd.  The Quad is ideal for including a lot of people to enjoy this.  She's singing a song now to the Moles of SL. Cute!!

There's a new singer up now. They have some wonderful performers! If you can make it on over, you won't regret the entertainment. Dress down though for lag.

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

My husband and I are currently at the Festival Stage.  Not sure who is singing, but she's fantastic and a large crowd.  The Quad is ideal for including a lot of people to enjoy this.  She's singing a song now to the Moles of SL. Cute!!

SHE BETTER KEEP HER DIRTY HANDS OFF MY @Quartz Mole!!!

giphy.gif.4f4d981bf70898d0e24ffb3a6539f1f0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought about wandering around checking things out and picking up gifts, but given the lag in a few areas, I just figured it would be a much more enjoyable experience after a few days.  

Ditto with the Hop & Shop (or Shop & Hop, whatever)

Same here, got quite frustrated eventually. I'll try again in a few days I think. I really want to thoroughly explore all the exhibit areas. Shopping was out of the question because of the lag. Tried keeping my graphics preferences quite low. I'd love to know how anyone manages to get around!:)

But I did manage to catch Patch's opening speech and I even got some Linden bears (4 of them!):) That's a first for me:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

But I did manage to catch Patch's opening speech and I even got some Linden bears (4 of them!):) That's a first for me:)

Nice! I have only seen one Linden so far, and she's so new she doesn't have a bear yet. lol

Also saw a couple of moles dancing at a performance. I should have grabbed a photo of Alotta Mole, the adorable frog!

• Like 1

This singer, Ry Anne, has one of the most beautiful voices I've heard in Second Life.  We've been enjoying trying to cam on people and see what they are wearing.  Its difficult to rezz avatars in so I started to watch the live stream and spotted the cutest little frog up front by the stage, dancing.  I wanted to get a quick picture of him so I cammed in, in world. It took me about 10 minutes to get him rezzed in, then some people moved and stood right in front of him, blocking my view.  

I gave him a quick IM and he was sweet enough to move back a little so I could snap this picture. So a shout out of thanks to @Alotta Mole 

Alotta Mole.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

It took me about 10 minutes to get him rezzed in, then some people moved and stood right in front of him, blocking my view.  

This is when I would have started clicking on people and derendering them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.