Colors Not Same Once Bring Into SL

Leigh Avelino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive just begun putting textures on a few full perm clothing  items.  I get really great colors in Photoshop, import the file and once inside SL the colors are not even close to what I had originally in PS.  I need to make items match to create an outfit set.  How can I do this if it's hit or miss on the colors.  Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Leigh Avelino said:

Ive just begun putting textures on a few full perm clothing  items.  I get really great colors in Photoshop, import the file and once inside SL the colors are not even close to what I had originally in PS.  I need to make items match to create an outfit set.  How can I do this if it's hit or miss on the colors.  Thank you. 

Inworld colors are VERY dependent on your Windlight(R) settings, so colors will always look different to different people unless they are using the same setting.  The best you can do is set your inworld lighting to bright daytime with minimal shadows and that should match (more or less) your Photoshop colors.  Colors made exactly the same in Photoshop SHOULD look the same inworld so far as making sets of things. I do it all the time with no problems. So play around with your inworld lighting. MATERIALS (normal and specular maps) can make a BIG difference in how things look inworld. I almost always leave those off for that reason as well as download texture loading costs.  

If you have a screenshot of say top and skirt in PS and top and skirt not matching inworld, that might be good to post here. Visuals are always good. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.