SLB16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm not saying that the big birthday cake tower ride thingie made me carsick, but I'm not saying it didn't, either...

There's a reason that I'm not a gamer. 🤢🤮

I've been dealing with a lot of vertigo lately, so that was not even an option for me.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been dealing with a lot of vertigo lately, so that was not even an option for me.

Very wise... I actually had to log off and put a cold washcloth on my face!

And now I'm eating ice cream and that makes everything better. Raspberry with chunks of dark chocolate. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I just visited the Tapestry of Time section. Extremely depressing. All the places I loved are gone, all the people I loved are gone. The only thing that lasts in SL is lag, and wow, I am experiencing perhaps the worst lag I have ever had in SL. The one thing I would love to see go, and way back in the day I stupidly thought one day LL would actually fix it.

2017-2019 is rather depressing. 2017: "Linden Lab gives premium members the ability to view 90 days of their transaction history."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

There used to be a place in SL - at least up until sometime in 2017 - that gave a year by year history like that.  It isn't there any more, or at least not at the last LM that I had for it.

There's an SL history museum near the Ivory Tower, but it's not year by year.

I had a really lovely time at SL16B tonight, just wandering. The highlight was definitely the Shui Mo Chinese Brush Art, but everything I saw was pretty cool.

For me, what made a HUGE difference was going to Midnight. Suddenly, I felt like I was a teen again, visiting the Canadian National Exhibition at night, going on rides, playing games, and just generally getting gloriously lost in the glitz and the noise.

One observation, though, which I'm sure a lot of people will shrug off, and which I'm only sort of half-serious about myself. I had no problems getting into the exhibit sims at all -- I only had minor problems on the first day, in fact. And although the exhibit spaces were, by SL standards anyways, fairly busy, I didn't actually have a big problem with lag tonight either -- and that was with my settings at Ultra.

However, I couldn't get into any of the shopping sims at all: they were all, always, completely full.

Now, in and of itself, I don't care that much. I'd like to check them out, but I won't be crying myself to sleep if I can never get into them at all.

But it is kind of telling about the nature of SL these days that the shopping sims are, apparently, that much more of an attraction than the exhibits themselves?

• Like 2

I love what I've seen of the event so far. I just wish there was less lag as it's making it really hard to get round and see everything in detail. I took a pod tour for a couple of regions (pod tours are always great), which is a really good way to get an overview before diving into the detail.

What I adore about events like this and Burning Man is that it introduces me to to creators/groups/places that I perhaps hadn't come across in SL before. I love the creativity! And I think SL16B showcases a great diverse range of exhibits - there's fun stuff, historical, nature themes, sci-fi and more, a really great mix [not that impressed with the shopping as this was even more laggy - could only cam round, not move around, and it's just the same old same old clothes etc. which don't interest me, but I guess it does appeal to other's because it was very busy]

I'm hoping the lag in the exhibit regions will improve this week as less people might be attending, so I can hang around more and take more photos for my blog and flickr too.

Oh and the Bellisseria Community group exhibit which I managed to see yesterday was great, do check it out (there's a citizens one too but haven't checked it out yet).

So far...loving it!!

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@LittleMe Jewell

If your vertigo is BPPV related, have you tried the Epley Manoevre, or the Brandt-Daroff exercise?

I suffer spells of BPPV, and Epley works really well for me..........🙂

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.