SLB16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i liked the SL history display on Spectacular region

saw the new Linden Homes caravan/camping vans, quite a few people parked up on them already sitting round chatting, which indicates they will be quite popular. Saw only 1 log cabin on the region so not sure if that is all there is in a more cabin-y style

saw some resident-made parcels which were quite nice. Haven't seen them all yet so will go back later on my evening when less people on the grid

• Like 3

I just visited the Tapestry of Time section. Extremely depressing. All the places I loved are gone, all the people I loved are gone. The only thing that lasts in SL is lag, and wow, I am experiencing perhaps the worst lag I have ever had in SL. The one thing I would love to see go, and way back in the day I stupidly thought one day LL would actually fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i liked the SL history display on Spectacular region

saw the new Linden Homes caravan/camping vans, quite a few people parked up on them already sitting round chatting, which indicates they will be quite popular. Saw only 1 log cabin on the region so not sure if that is all there is in a more cabin-y style

The log cabin was the same one they gave us in the Winter Swaginator hunt.  Patch told someone (posted in another thread) that the log cabin was just there as decoration - as a nice segway into the camping area, similar to how many RL camping areas have a building near the entrance as an Office.

Not sure if there will be a log cabin type style down the road or not.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didnt spend long in the time tapestry place but I'll return to have a good look. 

Question, the time capsules can we place our own lil memories inside? I started from 2013 (the year I rezzed) checking the contents of the capsule and worked my way to 2019 and only 2019 had bits and Bob's inside. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. The lag. Not surprising, I suppose . . . it'll likely get better after the first day?

I've been doing SLB exhibits on and off for a few years now, the lag this time around didn't seem as bad as previous, although something did cause my viewer to freeze out a few times.

• Like 2

It was laggy but not so bad that I couldn't move. I jumped in a pod and let myself be chauffeured around for a while and it was lovely! I wasn't running on ultra graphics, but still... I had a great time checking things out. Looking forward to going back in a few days when it's not so busy and checking out some things with the graphics turned up!

• Like 1

... the time capsules ...

The first time capsule (insofar as I know) is the 2003 one in the basement of the old Governor Linden Mansion on Clementina,  Coordinates: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Clementina/182/133/50 .  There is a copy of it at the SL16B display.  It is unpacked at some of the SL birthdays.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I've been doing SLB exhibits on and off for a few years now, the lag this time around didn't seem as bad as previous, although something did cause my viewer to freeze out a few times.

It's been better overall, but something was seriously wrong at opening time. There weren't that many people on my sim and it had all sorts of odd issues. It cleared up later after everything was restarted, but anyone who rushed straight in would have experienced that.

359865194_bellisseriaposter.thumb.png.1a193d68947da0e9a198c41eb3705c32.png

I LOVE the little details you find around the place too, like this poster at the drive-in theater. That brought a smile to my face. So much so, I decided to grab a photo of it and hang it in my LH home. Just a great quirky touch! They should definitely sell these, I'd buy them!

And I LOVED the time capsules too! I've been around for half of SL's life now, but I have friends who have been here since the beginning and the stories they tell me just didn't compute until I actually saw the pictures at the Tapestry of Time exhibition. It's pretty amazing to read the facts and see the development of the time capsules too, regardless what point they serve. Overall I just enjoyed the event as a whole. I did the Swaginator hunt, got myself a new themed avatar, got a bunch of free gifts (and bought a few too!), went on a few rides, met some new people I wouldn't normally have crossed paths with, and just had fun wandering the exhibitions. There's so much to see and do. And yes it's laggy. Yes, I crashed more times than I could count. But you know what, it's worth it. So much effort and time has gone into this, the least we can do is enjoy it, or try, and have a little fun along the way. If you don't, that's on you. Just like Second Life in general, it's what you make of it. :D

EDIT: Meanwhile, back in the real Bellisseria on a living room wall, far, far away...

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.9b053d2c7a814ec76cefb85a05ffbcdd.png

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added pic! :D
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

It's been better overall, but something was seriously wrong at opening time. There weren't that many people on my sim and it had all sorts of odd issues. It cleared up later after everything was restarted, but anyone who rushed straight in would have experienced that.

Yeah, I heard it was more of a first day thing.  I didn't have a chance to get back over there today.  Hoping that tomorrow, being the first weekend, still won't be too bad.

Tapestry of Time was major Deja Vu for me. I started at the shopping event  and was hugely disappointed (The curse of being in SL so long is that everything looks ho-hum; not creatively original) - but when I finally made it to Tapestry of Time it made my day. Especially all those bullet lists, reminding of of all those memories (good and bad) - though they focussed on the positive stuff, it also brought back the not so positive.

For example: 2006: First 1 Millionth User - which means sign-up, most were scared to death the grid would crash and burn if it hit more than 10K concurrent users. LOL ToT is definitely the highlight for me.

• Like 1

Just for historical correctness -- since a lot of folks seem to think Tapestry of Time is NEW, it was there last year also and a similar exhibit was at SL10B but outdoors at the welcome area (so no building).  It is fun to look back. 

My only disappointment with the Tapestry of Time is that the first SL married couple isn't together any longer. 

Like an arrow right through my heart. 😢

I wonder how long they lasted... The longest running SL couple (a couple that hasn't gotten together in RL) that I know just had their 11th anniversary. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 5:33 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I heard it was more of a first day thing.  I didn't have a chance to get back over there today.  Hoping that tomorrow, being the first weekend, still won't be too bad.

I've managed to do some exploring, including an exhibit using an experience (which was a fashion quiz, so I did terribly as I rarely wear anything that isn't a hat). It's been fairly smooth, all things considered. Slowly working my way down the sims.

36 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I've managed to do some exploring, including an exhibit using an experience (which was a fashion quiz, so I did terribly as I rarely wear anything that isn't a hat). It's been fairly smooth, all things considered. Slowly working my way down the sims.

I made it through all of the exhibitor sims yesterday.  I only really had one time where I was basically rubber-banding as I tried to move.  One of the exhibits is some sort of a live Game and when lots of people started showing up for the next scheduled game, they quickly almost filled the sim and good performance came to an abrupt halt.  I was just about done with that particular region and so I just moved on and went back to finish that section later.  Outside of that, I had no performance issues at all except for the few times I went to super crowded areas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.