Resident Auctions

TilRay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems to me that many of the resident auctions are redundant, i.e. the minimum bid levels  are the same as they tried to sell the parcels originally (at exorbitant prices). A 2X road protected Horizons parcel with nothing else special L$40000? A 1024m2 water parcel for L$15000? Please go back to putting your parcels for sale with the color yellow  signifying FOR SALE and leave the auctions.

............or you can just choose to view just the Linden auctions only by clicking on the box when you go the auctions therefore avoiding the resident auctions.  People can list their land for however much they want for it.  Doesn't mean they will get it, but it is their right.  And people have a choice on whether to buy it or not.

6 hours ago, karynmaria said:

............or you can just choose to view just the Linden auctions only by clicking on the box when you go the auctions therefore avoiding the resident auctions.  People can list their land for however much they want for it.  Doesn't mean they will get it, but it is their right.  And people have a choice on whether to buy it or not.

Yea I know, I agree. I was venting at the time about a resident I noticed in the auctions. Maybe the Lindens can at least restrict someone that failed to sell their parcel via auction ( no bids because starting bid price was ridiculous) from resubmitting that parcel for auction for a time period like 2 weeks or a month etc.

6 hours ago, karynmaria said:

............or you can just choose to view just the Linden auctions only by clicking on the box when you go the auctions therefore avoiding the resident auctions.

That's fine for buyers, but it means the resident-to-resident auctions are dead for sellers. That category now is really full of scammy noise, so the only buyers remaining are those willing to sift through it for a quick profit on a flip. The result is totally not what we wanted of resident-to-resident auctions.

The solution is simple: The seller must put in escrow the amount by which their set minimum bid exceeds L$0.5/sq.m. and if the parcel doesn't sell, they lose the full commission on that amount as if it had sold. These are auctions, not just another scummy way to blight the market with overpriced parcels that only detract from actual sellers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.