Eyebrows does not work on Catwa Catya Head

ZEMRV

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi thank you that you clicked ur way through here. So basically i cannot add any Eyebrows to my Catwa Head with a Catwa applier. I tried tons of these eyebrows but all i get is the same. A bigger version of the eyebrow but totally grey. Im a beginner.. so yeah lol.

i tried to actually find a way by myself but i ended up here. I hope you can actually help me with this. Thank you !

When I apply eyebrows I do it in Blend mode at the top left on the "Eyes-Brows-Neck-Tattoo" Tab of the Catwa Master HUD, the "Lower" checkbox checked. Then move the slider around and see if they show up. Maybe hit the Clear button first. If that doesn't work i wonder if you messed with the color on the "Alpha.Lashes.Tint.Neck-Size" tab considering you're getting them showing up totally grey. If you have to you can "reset all" on this tab. I've gotten myself into trouble trying to change colors on this page.

• Like 1

They actually worked once. But then after an restart they were gone. I tried to reinstall sl viewer, doesnt help.. and ofc i tried an omega system kit for catwa, doesn't work for omega brows.

18 hours ago, ZEMRV said:

Hi thank you that you clicked ur way through here. So basically i cannot add any Eyebrows to my Catwa Head with a Catwa applier. I tried tons of these eyebrows but all i get is the same. A bigger version of the eyebrow but totally grey. Im a beginner.. so yeah lol.

i tried to actually find a way by myself but i ended up here. I hope you can actually help me with this. Thank you !

check your skin hud, there should be a no brows option, apply that one and then apply the eyebrows

• Like 2

Hopefully a Catwa expert will chime in but if it were me I would have the head redelivered at the Catwa store and try starting fresh to see what happens. Or you could just use the other version in your existing head folder, there's one with and without the teeth built in.

By the way i noticed in your screen capture in the upper left corner "mask" is selected, i would change it to "blend" and see what happens.

Edited by Tessy Taffler
  • Like 1

Sorry it's taken a while to get to you, ZEMRV. I haven't had a lot of time to be online this week!

When you say "I tried tons of these eyebrows" do you mean that you've tried all of the brows on that specific HUD, or have you also tried brows from other designers? What is happening to you is that the brow applier texture itself is not rezzing at all. There could be a lot of reasons for this, including that the designer used the viewer's "local texture" feature to test them and then forgot to upload the actual texture itself. (That's very rare, but I've seen it happen before, and it's why I asked if it's only happening with that HUD.)

For all of the below steps, please ensure that you try lots of different brow appliers, from lots of different designers, to rule out the possibility that it may be an issue with that one HUD.

1. First of all, please add your Catwa Master HUD F and go into the tab indicated below. Click the Reset Appliers button on the right (surrounded by the red square). This should remove any appliers (but not your skin) from your head and you can try afresh.
  2. As Tessy mentioned, click the Mask button on the brow applier section so that it reads "blend".
  3. If you're still seeing the grey brows when you apply them after that, click Reset ALL (the button beneath the indicated appliers one), and try again. (This will remove all appliers from your head, including the skin, and reset the head back to out-of-the-box settings.)
  4. Next, try some other makeup appliers (lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, etc). Do those also show up as grey?
  5. If you still see the grey textures, then go to the Catwa store and redeliver your head (use the redelivery terminal at the landing point). Try out the new head and see if the issue persists.
  6. Still seeing grey textures? Then I'm afraid the next step is a bit more drastic: clear your viewer's texture cache. There may be a problem with the cached texture for the brow layer on your head.

If any of the above checks work, please let me know which one it was.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

So i found out, that my mesh head seemed like outdated. Thats why the brows didn't rezz at all. Sadly i didn't know much about that, that the catwa head will be updated. Now i do.. And its alright Skell Dagger. Im glad you've helped me out. If i have any trouble again i sure hope you can help me anytime soon :) Thanks to you and the others for helping me out. Greetz uwu ❤️

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.