Brand New Shoe Models

officialjdixon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, officialjdixon said:

I need help getting my shoes to work in SL

It would help if you could say what kind of help you need?  What type of body are you trying to put the shoes on?  Were the shoes made for the body you are wearing?  What feet are you using if different from the body?  Are you using a classic avatar and not mesh body.  All of these questions need to be clear before any help can be given to you.  But generally speaking if you use a Mesh body with feet, you HAVE to be sure the shoes you have are fitted for that body (and that includes the height of the foot,  cannot wear flat shoes with a high heel type foot shape) if not there is no way they will fit.  If you use a classic avatar, then again the shoes have to be made for a classic avatar and would come with the appropriate alpha layers to hide areas of the foot that might poke through.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, officialjdixon said:

I’m new to modding for SL so whichever is easier. 

The "whichever is easier" strikes me as an odd response.  I'm not a creator, so I don't know which would be easier, but the easiest choice may not be the choice that would position your items well in the marketplace.   For example,  many people wear mesh bodies now, so I don't know if the classic avatar shoe market is as large as it used to be.  Myself, when I buy shoes, I prefer to buy shoes that are rigged for the mesh body type that I am wearing.  I've noticed that some shoe creators will include both a rigged version and a non-rigged version (I'm not sure why, but I'm assuming based on their market research and sales they feel that this puts them in a position to try and capture a larger market share).  In the female shoe market, some creators provide versions for just one body type,  while others provide versions for 2 or 3 of the most popular female body types.  I'm not sure what is typically done in the male shoe market. 

Which body / bodies do you use?  I'm assuming that you will want to be able to test out your shoes for proper fit, etc., so what you have available to use for testing may also be part of the decision.  

You may also want to make sure your authentic models aren't infringing on copyrights. 

1 hour ago, officialjdixon said:

I’m new to modding for SL so whichever is easier. 

It all comes down to what matches with what as I said above.  It's all easy if your shoe was made for the body you wear.  What sizes were provided to you for the shoe you are talking about?  If there is not an unrigged model for classic avatars you just may not be able to get the shoes to fit at all.  And yes from what you said about the shoes being All authentic models you do have to be careful that they are not infringing on copyrights, cause if they are.. and it got reported you could lose them from your inventory anyhow.

12 hours ago, officialjdixon said:

I have Jordan’s, Yeezys, Air Force Ones. All authentic models.  Example of some Jordan 2’s in the picture.

these sound like the real brands in RL.. unless you have the rights on those names you'r not allowed to bring that into SL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.