Is there a way to disable the "Abandon land" button?

WillowTenage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I often click "About land", to check on my remaining parcel capacity, and I always see the dreaded abandon land button, just sitting there, awaiting for that one slip up to occur 😯  I am terrible when it comes to clicking buttons that were not meant to be clicked, and am afraid that I may one day accidentally hit that button, while navigating menus.

So I am hoping there is a way to disable it entirely, I have looked around but haven't found any information regarding it.  

There isn't. But if some day you accidentally abandon your land, open a support ticket as soon as you can. Linden Lab will give you back the land if you tell them you abandoned it by accident and didn't wait too long before you contact them about it. At least they will the first time you ask. Probably not the second time and certainly not if you keep doing it.

• Thanks 1

It gives you a confirmation screen before you actually have abandoned the land.  Use caution and read the confirmation screens when you get them, and you should be able to avoid catastrophe.   Another option would be to add a prim counter to your land so you don't have to go to about land to find out how many prims you are using.

Edited by TheaDee
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

If you accidentally abandon land you're renting on a private region, notify your landlord rather than Linden Lab.

and if you abandon a Belliseria home you can often shake hands with the new people.. thei''r faster than you clicked the tp out :)... nop appeal by support possible i guess..

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I often click "About land", to check on my remaining parcel capacity, and I always see the dreaded abandon land button, just sitting there, awaiting for that one slip up to occur 😯  I am terrible when it comes to clicking buttons that were not meant to be clicked, and am afraid that I may one day accidentally hit that button, while navigating menus.

So I am hoping there is a way to disable it entirely, I have looked around but haven't found any information regarding it.  

This is why you should always *stop and read* any pop-up confirmation box. :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

This is why you should always *stop and read* any pop-up confirmation box. :)

15 hours ago, TheaDee said:

It gives you a confirmation screen before you actually have abandoned the land.  Use caution and read the confirmation screens when you get them, and you should be able to avoid catastrophe.   Another option would be to add a prim counter to your land so you don't have to go to about land to find out how many prims you are using.

I swear, my memory is absolutely horrible.  I just abandoned land a few days ago and thought I only clicked the abandon button and it all went away.  I think I was just really excited about getting my new parcel and rushed through the process without taking note.  So since then, I've been worried that just pushing the abandon button would do it with no confirmation.  🤣

Thank you both,  I know it is silly but it really was kind of scaring me every time I opened the about land window.  This actually helps out a lot. 

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

Thank you both,  I know it is silly but it really was kind of scaring me every time I opened the about land window. 

Not silly at all. Just no need to be *that* nervous about it. I admit that every time I open that about-land box that "Abandon" button JUMPS OUT AT ME every time. It's like the bogey-man hiding in the closet: you *KNOW* he's always there...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.