Jump to content

Fire!!!!!! (And a suggestion for Lindens/Moles)


Female Fraina
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Female Winslet said:

A town center like this could be pretty cool! Plus I don’t know many people who would want to live near a fire station in rl. Too much annoyance from all the fires they have to go to. 

I used to live across the street from a fire station in real life. Those boys (and a few girls) were outside working out all. the. timeOften wearing nothing but shorts. They ran back and forth past my house a lot dripping with sweat. Every few months they'd knock on my door to check my fire alarm batteries (mercy!)

God, I miss living across the street from them. 

I will happily live next door/set up my brothel next to a Bellisseria Fire Station but only if the fire people meet my exacting standards of attractiveness and put on the same sort of performances for me as my RL firefighting neighbors did. 

blog-tattoodo_com_4.gif.ed3a4cad9fc5c44556d6d3ce2daea955.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

Hmmmm. Well, surely it must have a temporary location, right? Can you send me an SLUrl for it? Sounds like it needs 11 tons of water dumps on it. 🙂

Certainly! You are hereby given a permit by me the Elected Town Clerk to take water from the ocean and dump it on the site to help the grass grow while my our community waits for the townhall builders to come by, if ever

please to not take too much water from the ocean  in one go. As we have to think of the fish who might get scooped up, and will probably end up as dinner if they dumped on the grass. There being cats and that. Which the fish maybe would prefer not

the SLURL for the Municipality buildings is SSPE115 (27,56,,47)

at the foot of Mount Molly which got named after me (much to my surprise and was a very humbling experience), ages ok when it was claimed and named before anybody else thought too.  Photo evidence follows

Snapshot_008.png.8125c62a300d17b740035552e88b29c2.png

 

Snapshot_007.png.655223733ff059100f13423bf930df01.png

evidence of prior claim

Snapshot_mountmolly_002.png.f4df1557aa5e46348840c9412946cb37.png

 

:)

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

For those with really short memories, quasi Linden sanctioned residents with appearances of authority has ended very badly several times so far. Lets not do this again.

i definitely agree with this. We can have fun for sure making up stories, but the actual governance is where it should be and should always remain

i read the Bella Newser article with Patch Linden a while ago.  In it he said something really important. Paraphrasing what he said in response to people (including me) saying LL/LDPW should/could do this or that.  "Another way it can be looked at is that Bellisseria is Our Estate"

by this I take it to mean that while LL is the overall owner, the LDPW has a vested and deep abiding interest in its success, and thru the LDPW there is resident feedback and influence (the Moles) who do know what it is to be a resident. So I think that is as far as it should ever go

 

edit add: This is not to say that residents generally can't provide feedback, they can and should.  Just to say that the final decisions should always remain with the LDPW

 

Edited by Mollymews
b
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

please to not take too much water from the ocean  in one go. As we have to think of the fish who might get scooped up, and will probably end up as dinner if they dumped on the grass. There being cats and that. Which the fish maybe would prefer not

Uhhhhh . . . did you notice my photo? I'm a cat. A snow leopard, to be exact. So fishing being dinner is not exactly demotivating for me. 

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

at the foot of Mount Molly which got named after me (much to my surprise and was a very humbling experience), ages ok when it was claimed and named before anybody else thought too.  Photo evidence follows

How far is Mount Molly from Lia's Airstrip? Lia's Airstrip is, of course, the air strip in Costner Bay region. Lia's landing there in an H-92 during the construction of the rainbow statue was the first ever recorded landing at Lia's Airstrip. As the first pilot tp land there, Lia gained the right to name it after herself. This claim is further reinforced by the fact that Lia is me (my display name!) and, as pointed out above, I am a cat. Therefore I hold ultimate authority over Lia's Airstrip and all else.

By the power invested in me as a cat, I hereby recognize the name Mount Molly until I decide to name it something else. When and if I feel like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

By the power invested in me as a cat, I hereby recognize the name Mount Molly until I decide to name it something else. When and if I feel like it.

hah!

you can pretend to call my mountain anything you like. Buuuut !! nobody like ever will believe you, because pics or it never happened and I has pics, so there !!!

annnnd anyways I got kitten ears and a tail, so by the law of kittens and cats everywhere, you are toooo late !  Don't think you can scarey  me us either, as I will just lie down and have a nap, til you give up and go oh! well and have a nap also

p.s. I think your airstrip is like kilometres away, so you have to get your own petrol if you were wondering about that. As we run out of petrol, because using the magistrate's car bonnet as a heater

:)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

hah!

you can pretend to call my mountain anything you like. Buuuut !! nobody like ever will believe you, because pics or it never happened and I has pics, so there !!!

annnnd anyways I got kitten ears and a tail, so by the law of kittens and cats everywhere, you are toooo late !  Don't think you can scarey  me us either, as I will just lie down and have a nap, til you give up and go oh! well and have a nap also

p.s. I think your airstrip is like kilometres away, so you have to get your own petrol if you were wondering about that. As we run out of petrol, because using the magistrate's car bonnet as a heater

:)

 

Not to worry. I own a fuel depot.

The Town Clerk is hereby directed to record the names of Mount Molly and Lia's Airstrip in the official town records.
 

(Signed)
The Cat
Supreme Ruler of Bellisseria

Edited by Female Winslet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!!

This fire broke out in North Waddling Region. Apparently it started as a small fire under a barbeque grill under a house boat. But Bellisseria does not have a fire department so, once again, I was the only response available and my ability to response is limited to a heavy duty airborne response that is really more suited to large forest fires than individual structure fires. It takes a while to get in place. And this is what I saw by the time I got there. 

354380480_Washingrunway_002.thumb.png.adcb90ddc4500362705cb1c3e9338e0f.png

You can see the fire had grown just a little bit by the time I got there. Instead of a small area under the deck, the whole houseboat was on fire. And you can see that poor homeowner trapped between the fire and the sea! Well, I did the only thing I could do. I loaded up with water, carefully avoided dropping on the poor home owner and . . . .
787903163_Washingrunway_003.thumb.png.f4141aa607a8dab47f073ce1995eec93.png

This was the start of my first air drop. Airborne firefighting equipment like this isn't really meant for the degree of precision needed to avoid hitting a nearby victim, but I was able to manage. 

Unfortunately I crashed before I could circle around to check and see if another drop was needed. And, sadly, communication difficulties kept other rescue services from learning of the danger. But, fortunately, the fire went out after my one  drop. 11 tons of water will do that, I suppose! And the moles must be really talented engineers because that houseboat didn't sink and the damage turned out to be only superficial. 

Another fire put out! But it does show the serious need for better public safety agencies in Bellisseria. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!!

This fire broke out in North Waddling Region. Apparently it started as a small fire under a barbeque grill under a house boat. But Bellisseria does not have a fire department so, once again, I was the only response available and my ability to response is limited to a heavy duty airborne response that is really more suited to large forest fires than individual structure fires. It takes a while to get in place. And this is what I saw by the time I got there. 

354380480_Washingrunway_002.thumb.png.adcb90ddc4500362705cb1c3e9338e0f.png

You can see the fire had grown just a little bit by the time I got there. Instead of a small area under the deck, the whole houseboat was on fire. And you can see that poor homeowner trapped between the fire and the sea! Well, I did the only thing I could do. I loaded up with water, carefully avoided dropping on the poor home owner and . . . .
787903163_Washingrunway_003.thumb.png.f4141aa607a8dab47f073ce1995eec93.png

This was the start of my first air drop. Airborne firefighting equipment like this isn't really meant for the degree of precision needed to avoid hitting a nearby victim, but I was able to manage. 

Unfortunately I crashed before I could circle around to check and see if another drop was needed. And, sadly, communication difficulties kept other rescue services from learning of the danger. But, fortunately, the fire went out after my one  drop. 11 tons of water will do that, I suppose! And the moles must be really talented engineers because that houseboat didn't sink and the damage turned out to be only superficial. 

Another fire put out! But it does show the serious need for better public safety agencies in Bellisseria. 

 

OMG that was only a few boats down from mine 😮

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we have the Continuing Adventures of Feline & Molly?  Because, really, you guys, this is hilarious.  Great photos, and such a light touch!  Are there really 2 typists here?  Oh who cares!  Big fun!  MOAR! 

And I like the suggestion to do something with the rez zones, make them look like community utilities.  As soon as I saw a boat rez zone I wanted to know where the filling station was.

/me adds darkly: "big fun", yeah, that's always how RP begins.  Then somebody doesn't understand the setup, or gets upset because they spent 3 days building something that nobody used, or the storyline goes south, or there's a power vacuum because a key player has RL issues, and suddenly the accusations of god modding and playing favorites begin to fly, and the next thing you know you have an empty region.  It's always seemed to me that SL RP should be limited to 2 months long, lol.  WAR IN JESSIE and all that.

Seen it happen So Many Times.

Patch accepts that theLDPW is Belli's estate manager.  But Belli is HUUUGE, and they won't be holding weekly or even monthly community meetings to ask us if we'd like a Hurricane or suggest that such-and-so region be opened up for yard sales for a week.  They need to set things up so we're kinda self-sustaining with minimal conflicts, without them doing anything outside of their regular plans.  The initial suggestion to take some rez zones and build them out as public service sites is really a good one.  But I can't see them building much of anything out for RP purposes, like town centers, or tolerating whole regions styling their builds as goth vampire, for example.  I CAN see them adding the occasional bowling alley, or perhaps a freebie area setup as a Goodwill or big box store, instead of a little park.   So long as it fits within the general esthetic and doesn't displace houses.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did notice some odd shaped land in corners near the turn around roads which could be used to place fire/police stations, instead of seating areas or place a shack there with a teleport to a fire/police/hospital/etc skybox. (what do you think?)

Edited by SweetTaffeyLove
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Can we have the Continuing Adventures of Feline & Molly?  Because, really, you guys, this is hilarious.  Great photos, and such a light touch!  Are there really 2 typists here?  Oh who cares!  Big fun!  MOAR! 

Yes, there really are two typists here. But I was rolling on the floor laughing about the town clerk and Mount Molly. Still . . . I did officially recognize the name. But I note that LL has not recognized the official, correct names of Mount Molly or Lia's Airstrip. How disappointing.

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me adds darkly: "big fun", yeah, that's always how RP begins.  Then somebody doesn't understand the setup, or gets upset because they spent 3 days building something that nobody used, or the storyline goes south, or there's a power vacuum because a key player has RL issues, and suddenly the accusations of god modding and playing favorites begin to fly, and the next thing you know you have an empty region.  It's always seemed to me that SL RP should be limited to 2 months long, lol.  WAR IN JESSIE and all that.

The good news is that Molly and I don't even know each other and we're really not organized in any sort of organized roleplay. Just two people doing their thing and having fun at it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

I
787903163_Washingrunway_003.thumb.png.f4141aa607a8dab47f073ce1995eec93.png

 

Unfortunately I crashed

 

after like 2 minutes long and careful consideration of the facts leading to the crash of Helicopter Pilot Officer 1st Class Female Winslet, the Safety Tribunal has concluded, even tho a witness wanted to make stuff up attest that it was due to pilot error!, that Pilot Officer Winslet is to be commended for bravery for which there is no medal, but is recommended for the Preservation of Aquatic Life Chocolate Fish Award. Which is way better than any old bravery medal, in that Pilot Officer Winslet did save at least 3 fish from perishing by only taking one bucket of water from the ocean as recommended by the guidelines pertaining to the conditions of the water taking permit previously authorised

furthermore, the Tribunal has established beyond at least 3 shadows of doubt that the cause of the crash was due an act of Capricious Linden. An imaginary thing that probably thinks it is God Somehow. However, it has also been revealed by the facts that Bot-Corporal ReturnAllOurStuffsSafely Linden is to be commended for excellence in doing whatever bot-corporals do in plucking the falling pilotless helicopter from the sky and returning it safely to its hangar. Had this not happened then it would have hit the ground, causing considerable further damage to the properties of further innocent people, and scaring a whole bunch of chickens

the Tribunal further finds that the Homeowner of said houseboat is to blame for this unfortunate incident and near catastrophe !! Ima Chicken and their partner Ima Chicken Aswell, have attested that the Homeowner was about to cook their children. Ima Egg and Ima Notheregg. And when Ima and Ima mounted a rescue mission the homeowner cracked up laughing, tripped over, sent the pan flying, and started the fire. Thankfully Ima Egg and Ima Nother Egg were not troubled by their ordeal and their parents Ima Chicken and Ima Chicken Aswell forgive the Homeowner because eggs are eggs and apparently quite yummy sunny side over, and just wish this all to go away before Child Egg Services Christmas comes

h.o.w.e.v.e.r !!! this does not absolve the Homeowner!   Laughing at chickens while cooking is f.o.r.b.i.d.d.en. under Bellisseria Municipal Criminal Code 286. Section 1. Clause 7. Para. 89. "Laughing at chickens while cooking is f.o.r.b.i.d.d.en."    In light of this scandalous and wilful breach of the Code, the Homeowner is hereby ordered to provide Helicopter Pilot Officer 1st Class Female Winslet, with one chocolate fish as compensation for trauma having way to much fun

it is further ordered that the Homeowner is granted permanent name suppression for evermore and even longer, as who would ever wanna let it be widely known that they were silly enough to ever get fined a chocolate fish for laughing at chickens while cooking

signed

Molly
President of Safety Tribunal

(p.s the chocolate fish already given to the Tribunal is not the chocolate fish so ordered to Pilot Officer Winslet ok. That other chocolate fish I already ate is costs applied to the judicious and totally unbiased work of the Tribunal)

 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are there any fire hydrants on Belliseria? Yet another safety concern!

We don't even have street signs, so if there was a disaster (for RP purposes) then where would the emergency services know where to go (beyond follow the trail of smoke or destruction)? In an emergency situation every second counts! 😨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

We don't even have street signs, so if there was a disaster (for RP purposes) then where would the emergency services know where to go (beyond follow the trail of smoke or destruction)? In an emergency situation every second counts! 😨

You could give them the Region name and coordinates, so they could TP directly there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You could give them the Region name and coordinates, so they could TP directly there!

Now that NO fun, I would want yelling sirens all over Belli.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

We don't even have street signs, so if there was a disaster (for RP purposes) then where would the emergency services know where to go (beyond follow the trail of smoke or destruction)? In an emergency situation every second counts! 😨

Easy. GPS coordinates. A/k/a SLUrls. 

🙂

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are there any fire hydrants on Belliseria? Yet another safety concern!

OMG. Excellent point!

8 hours ago, Mollymews said:

Molly
President of Safety Tribunal

You’re not the town clerk anymore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...