Jump to content
Evangeline Arcadia

Houseboat rotation

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I have a houseboat on a 32 x 32 plot and, personally, I would not want it rotated 90 degrees.   It seems to me like there are more 16 x 64 houseboat plots than 32 x 32, so hopefully over time, those that want the front to be facing out on the water will be able to relocate to plots that are more to their liking.     

Well the idea was to have the option, not necessarily to impose it, as I said in my original post if you take a look at it:

Quote

I would love LL to give us the option of being able to rotate the boat as part of the houseboat controller options.

So you wouldn't have to.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

But in the examples I was talking about rotating 90 degrees (not 180 degrees as Karl is talking about) so that in each case the short end (front) of the houseboat is facing out on the water like the 16x64 plots....so there isn't a compromise in that situation :(

If we gave residents the option of rotating their houseboats, this is what the end result will be in many cases. And if the land where the center of the root is near the shore it could push the boat up out of the water when it rezzes. And if they rotate it in a way that it tries to rez with the center of the root in an adjacent region... well, that won't be good. So even as an option, it would still require reworking all of the houseboat regions... and in some cases there may not even be a workable solution.  

rotated houseboat.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

If we gave residents the option of rotating their houseboats, this is what the end result will be in many cases. And if the land where the center of the root is near the shore it could push the boat up out of the water when it rezzes. And if they rotate it in a way that it tries to rez with the center of the root in an adjacent region... well, that won't be good. So even as an option, it would still require reworking all of the houseboat regions... and in some cases there may not even be a workable solution.  

rotated houseboat.jpg

Lol, not what I envisioned (which would have been 90 rotated in the opposite direction, so front 'balcony is facing outward and steps on the opposite side walkway). It all seems very complicated:) Thanks very much for taking the time to explain it all! :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. That might work on your spot, but another spot they would want to rotate it the other way... or all the way around to the other side. So we have to account for all those possibilities. Do we put docks around the entire parcel? That wouldn't work either. That is why (as I said) it gets very complicated very quickly

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was today year's old when I realized that @Abnor Mole is "abnormal". 

540270120_giphy(1).gif.9d9ea79769e1d84224aaa92175406375.gif

What's bad is I  have had conversations with Abnor and was also today days old like you. I showed my husband his name and he got it in 2 seconds.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
Stoopid autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

What's bad is I  have had conversations with Abnor and was also today days old like you. I showed my husband his name and he got it in 2 seconds.

Thank you! I don't feel nearly as bad now! 😋

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Thank you! I don't feel nearly as bad now! 😋

If it helps you any, I didn't even get it with your first comment. I had to read Zoya's and think about it before it sunk in what you meant. I couldn't understand why you were saying Abnor wasn't normal when I first read it! ... oh my goodness .... I felt so stupid!

Image result for so embarrassed gif

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

If it helps you any, I didn't even get it with your first comment. I had to read Zoya's and think about it before it sunk in what you meant. I couldn't understand why you were saying Abnor wasn't normal when I first read it! ... oh my goodness .... I felt so stupid!

Image result for so embarrassed gif

 

6 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

What's bad is I  have had conversations with Abnor and was also today days old like you. I showed my husband his name and he got it in 2 seconds.

 

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was today year's old when I realized that @Abnor Mole is "abnormal". 

540270120_giphy(1).gif.9d9ea79769e1d84224aaa92175406375.gif

 

Okay, I fess up -- I never noticed it until these posts.   I always said his first name with the emphasis on the first syllable, so it just never clicked.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

If we gave residents the option of rotating their houseboats, this is what the end result will be in many cases. And if the land where the center of the root is near the shore it could push the boat up out of the water when it rezzes. And if they rotate it in a way that it tries to rez with the center of the root in an adjacent region... well, that won't be good. So even as an option, it would still require reworking all of the houseboat regions... and in some cases there may not even be a workable solution.  

rotated houseboat.jpg

 

The location of the root prim needing to be on Protected Land, well, can't shoehorn in any argument against that. It *could* be done, though. Basically, you'd need to have 4 different versions of each ship, each with their root -- an extra linked-on prim -- at the same position on Protected Land, for each chosen 0, 90, 180, 270 rotational position on the boat.

Edited by kiramanell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just gonna put my unpopular opinion here...

 

My overall feeling of the whole houseboat turning situation is... IF doing something like this would be a colossal undertaking I would much much much rather the Moles utilize their time at getting out MORE houses rather then going back and fine tuning existing ones.  Remember that right now we still only have a fraction of the great many houses that need to be created.  Lets just let the Moles create, and then afterwards maybe they could entertain some fine tuning... OR by then it might be so easy to swap out houses you can get that long-lot houseboat you want and trade in your square-lot one.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

If it helps you any, I didn't even get it with your first comment. I had to read Zoya's and think about it before it sunk in what you meant. I couldn't understand why you were saying Abnor wasn't normal when I first read it! ... oh my goodness .... I felt so stupid!

 

Same here! Only just got it!:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

 

Okay, I fess up -- I never noticed it until these posts.   I always said his first name with the emphasis on the first syllable, so it just never clicked.

 

I don't know if I ever would have figured it out on my own, but I cheated... another mole pointed it out to me years ago. lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was today year's old when I realized that @Abnor Mole is "abnormal". 

540270120_giphy(1).gif.9d9ea79769e1d84224aaa92175406375.gif

 

LOL. I didn't see that at all, either. Yikes! 😲 Funny how the brain works... or not works, as the case may be over here. 😋

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

If we gave residents the option of rotating their houseboats, this is what the end result will be in many cases. And if the land where the center of the root is near the shore it could push the boat up out of the water when it rezzes. And if they rotate it in a way that it tries to rez with the center of the root in an adjacent region... well, that won't be good. So even as an option, it would still require reworking all of the houseboat regions... and in some cases there may not even be a workable solution. 

 

On a whole, I think only the location of *some* houseboats might need the option. As Evangeline Ling said, though, it may not be wise to spend too much time on it (at least, not for now). From what I've seen, it looks like edge-cases, where a boat truly feels rotated awkwardly, maybe a Mole could be requested to remedy the situation, on a personal, case by case, basis? (Not mine, btw, it's fine).

I think the Moles did a great job, landscaping-wise. Certainly so with homes, but it also holds true for boats: they're part of the scenery, part of an overall urban/marina design. Things might start to look weird, if ppl were to rotate things en masse. So maybe we should just leave well enough alone altogether.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day is coming, granted not here yet and may still be awhile, but it is coming when if you don't like the orientation of your parcel you can simply switch parcels.  I really want a east/west orientation for my traditional and eventually will be spinning the wheel to get it. So hang on with what you've got and let the moles keep working on those homes so that time will come sooner rather than later. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The day is coming, granted not here yet and may still be awhile, but it is coming when if you don't like the orientation of your parcel you can simply switch parcels.  I really want a east/west orientation for my traditional and eventually will be spinning the wheel to get it. So hang on with what you've got and let the moles keep working on those homes so that time will come sooner rather than later. :) 

soon.gif.f24548dd1fc1bede28fa1571c1ab8b73.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

 

LOL. I didn't see that at all, either. Yikes! 😲 Funny how the brain works... or not works, as the case may be over here. 😋

For me, I never caught the pun because I focus more on first names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

For me, I never caught the pun because I focus more on first names. 

Until I was enlightened, I always just thought "Well, that's an interesting way to spell the name Abner".  lol

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

For me, I never caught the pun because I focus more on first names. 

I had an Abner in my class a long time ago. I thought Abnor was Abner spelled different. Many biblical names vary in different languages.

(Sylvia beat me to it)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Until I was enlightened, I always just thought "Well, that's an interesting way to spell the name Abner".  lol

 

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I had an Abner in my class a long time ago. I thought Abnor was Abner spelled different. Many biblical names vary in different languages.

(Sylvia beat me to it)

I admit I think of Lil Abner sometimes lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found this list of Moles... there are quite a few punny ones.

Abnor Mole

Alotta Mole

Ancient Mole

Ani Mole

Auspicious Mole

Avogadro Mole

Bat Mole

Bloomin Mole

Bonnie Mole

Buhbuhcuh Mole

Button Mole

Cherie Mole

Crafty Mole

Crazy Mole

Dark Mole

Deep Mole

Delicious Mole

Dyna Mole

Earthy Mole

Exotic Mole

Fire Mole

Freerange Mole

Frost Mole

Garden Mole

Ginger Mole

Glamorous Mole

Glowing Mole

Guaca Mole

Hexadeci Mole

Holy Mole

Hyper Mole †

Igneous Mole

Inconspicuous Mole

La Mole

Lost Mole

Macho Mole

Magic Mole

Maladaptive Mole

Mighty Mole

Milk Mole

Milli Mole

Mini Mole

Mischievious Mole

Misty Mole

Mouldy Mole

Multi Mole

Myopic Mole

Mysterious Mole

Mythic Mole

Naughty Mole

Opti Mole

Paranor Mole

Pepper Mole

Pico Mole

Poki Mole

Princess Mole

Protean Mole

Quartz Mole

Railway Mole

Rockan Mole

Secret Mole

Shimmy Mole

Silent Mole

Smokey Mole

Sneaky Mole

Squeaky Mole

Squishy Mole

Stoic Mole

Sunny Mole

Sylvan Mole

Undercover Mole

Vanity Mole

Whacka Mole

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I just found this list of Moles... there are quite a few punny ones.

Abnor Mole

Alotta Mole

Ancient Mole

Ani Mole

Auspicious Mole

Avogadro Mole

Bat Mole

Bloomin Mole

Bonnie Mole

Buhbuhcuh Mole

Button Mole

Cherie Mole

Crafty Mole

Crazy Mole

Dark Mole

Deep Mole

Delicious Mole

Dyna Mole

Earthy Mole

Exotic Mole

Fire Mole

Freerange Mole

Frost Mole

Garden Mole

Ginger Mole

Glamorous Mole

Glowing Mole

Guaca Mole

Hexadeci Mole

Holy Mole

Hyper Mole †

Igneous Mole

Inconspicuous Mole

La Mole

Lost Mole

Macho Mole

Magic Mole

Maladaptive Mole

Mighty Mole

Milk Mole

Milli Mole

Mini Mole

Mischievious Mole

Misty Mole

Mouldy Mole

Multi Mole

Myopic Mole

Mysterious Mole

Mythic Mole

Naughty Mole

Opti Mole

Paranor Mole

Pepper Mole

Pico Mole

Poki Mole

Princess Mole

Protean Mole

Quartz Mole

Railway Mole

Rockan Mole

Secret Mole

Shimmy Mole

Silent Mole

Smokey Mole

Sneaky Mole

Squeaky Mole

Squishy Mole

Stoic Mole

Sunny Mole

Sylvan Mole

Undercover Mole

Vanity Mole

Whacka Mole

My favourites:

Hexadeci Mole

Paranor Mole

Opti Mole (is he the most efficient?) :)

Smokey Mole (he sounds super cool and chilled out...)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 5:28 AM, fairlyprincess said:

Kuga/Kabuta is a beautiful atoll.. but it is prime real estate like La Prince and Evallen..  it's not really anymore typical of Bellisseria houseboat regions than Graff is of traditional house regions...

 

Graff.jpg

I live in one of those houses in Graff and count myself very lucky for it. I can’t believe somebody  abandoned that house right around the time I became aware of Belli and started rolling the dice. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is that just like with real estate in RL, it’s all down to luck and serendipitous timing. Maybe eventually someone abandons a great location (for a variety of possible reasons), and that makes room for some one else to get lucky and enjoy it for a while too. 

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...