Sign in to follow this  
elihio1488303724

Can I change the first letter of my name to uppercase? Not display name but login name.

Question

No, changing the real name is not possible once you registered. Only thing you can change without registering a new account is using fake display names.

9 answers to this question

No, changing the real name is not possible once you registered. Only thing you can change without registering a new account is using fake display names.

It would make me crazy too. Since our usernames are not case sensitive (so Eliho is not a different name) you may have a chance at getting LL to change it for you. Its a slim chance & I would guess the odds would be a bit better if you are a Premium member.

Try emailing support@secondlife.com and get to the point very fast that it is not a name "change" but a correction - Worst that can happen is they say no :)

If it would be that easy changing the username, they wouldn't have come up with the stupid display names but created a process for what everyone really wanted: To be able to change the real name on request.

I agree with Ansariel. Getting LL to change it is a longshot at best. I'm pretty sure it is going to be a longer shot than anybody can ever make. :|

- Luc -

I agree it is a longshot, but unlike most requests this one isn`t actually looking for a name "change". Can`t hurt to try, even if they say no the OP hasn`t lost anything.

The easiest solution by far is to use a capitalized Display name. I have never cared for the Display Name option, personally, but this seems like a natural place to use it. And yes, LL is not at all likely to let you change anything in your username. That's like getting the feds to change a digit in your social security number because you really wanted a "5". :)

Its not true that LL "never" changes a first name, the recently mentioned Censored Lunt would be one, so I`m sticking with my theory that there is a chance....Cos I`m feeling in a positive mood and because that lowercase E would drive me nuts too, so I feel for the OP lol :D:P