Sign in to follow this  
Monique Bellambi

Demon or Fantasy RP HUDs? Which has the better RP community?

Posted (edited)

Hello all!  I read a lot of the downsides of the various HUD games, but I really enjoy certain elements of each game. For example, in The eternal conflict, I like that there are resources to collect, craft and trade.   I don't mind having to find someone to drink from (or whatever you have to do) every so often either. Can anyone tell me any good things about the various games or point me toward one I may like? I'm looking for some SFW (at least nonsexual) casual RP and a group that knows how to separate IC/OCC

The Eternal Conflict looks fun, but expensive. It's free to start and I'm assuming that the expensive items are more of a group buy or something (for example $L3000 resource spawner). It has crafting and I'm very interested in that. But, I'm finding it a bit hard to find someone in-game since its invite only.

Bloodlines: I bought a human hud a long time ago. This game looks super expensive but I like the demon skins. Plus, I'm trying out the Legends HUD but haven't done too much else.  

I also follow other farming/RP games like AuraRP, G&S and BeYou and wouldn't mind using a Fantasy RP HUD alongside those (BeYou preferred).

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Monique Bellambi
corrected some spelling

I also have been interested in demon huds. I'm leaning more towards the eternal conflict because it's free and they have resources you can use on sim. I too am more on the casual side and sfw only with rp in SL. The issue I'm having with eternal conflict is you need someone to get you started in it but there are no public groups for it. I'm the kind of person who like to kind of look around before join a clan or whatnot. No public groups makes this kind of hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monique Bellambi said:

Bloodlines: I bought a human hud a long time ago. This game looks super expensive but I like the demon skins. Plus, I'm trying out the Legends HUD but haven't done too much else. 

Everything is relative, personally I don't think that the L$5 a day it costs to keep topped up on blood (through biting someone and buying them an apple to compensate). Secondly, as a human, you should pay for nothing. I've always had the rule that whenever a vampire in my clan bites a human ('blood doll'), they must restore their health, it's the vampire who gets to do the fun stuff anyway.

The only further costs of Bloodlines is if you want toys and potions - soul reapers, spikes, orbs, all of that is still stuff that a vampire/lycan might find handy, but which doesn't make sense for a human to have. Potions are really only needed if you muck it up somehow, the only times I've bought them has been when I've either wanted to bring someone into the family, but they were in limbo (bit and dumped by a spampire) or the one time that I couldn't get on SL for long enough that I ran out of blood, died, and had to go re-collect the souls I lost from my family members. Again, though, nothing a human player should have to worry about.

Honestly, all the 'downsides' that people spew about Bloodlines, is by paranoid dolts who don't have a clue what they're talking about, who've had to decline a couple of spampires or even just heard of others having to do so, and who've seen the 'no biting' signs on various clubs, making them feel as if they're under constant threat of being assaulted.

Eternal conflict is for nerds who don't dare actually interact with people.

• Like 1

I don't know how Eternal Conflict is expensive as its free to play totally.. You don't need to buy a single thing to rank up, do the tasks etc.  If anyone is interested in information please feel free to message me.  Its a very social game with wonderful people willing to help.. regardless if you choose the angel or demon side to play..One cant exist without the other.

The system is so diverse.  give it a try..its free.  And on the plus side..its creators are very active and responsive to the entire community's thoughts and ideas.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xaniy said:

I don't know how Eternal Conflict is expensive as its free to play totally.. You don't need to buy a single thing to rank up, do the tasks etc.  If anyone is interested in information please feel free to message me.  Its a very social game with wonderful people willing to help.. regardless if you choose the angel or demon side to play..One cant exist without the other.

The system is so diverse.  give it a try..its free.  And on the plus side..its creators are very active and responsive to the entire community's thoughts and ideas.   

I was talking specifically about the L$3000 items. I took notice of them since I was interested in crafting. But, like I said it looks like an optional item. Now I know you can just mine and craft on the main demon place. 

I actually met up with some players yesterday and got into the game. After reading some notecards it seems like a really nice game. I really like how you are required to roleplay if you want to advance in the game. 

21 hours ago, Orwar said:

Everything is relative, personally I don't think that the L$5 a day it costs to keep topped up on blood (through biting someone and buying them an apple to compensate). Secondly, as a human, you should pay for nothing. I've always had the rule that whenever a vampire in my clan bites a human ('blood doll'), they must restore their health, it's the vampire who gets to do the fun stuff anyway.

The only further costs of Bloodlines is if you want toys and potions - soul reapers, spikes, orbs, all of that is still stuff that a vampire/lycan might find handy, but which doesn't make sense for a human to have. Potions are really only needed if you muck it up somehow, the only times I've bought them has been when I've either wanted to bring someone into the family, but they were in limbo (bit and dumped by a spampire) or the one time that I couldn't get on SL for long enough that I ran out of blood, died, and had to go re-collect the souls I lost from my family members. Again, though, nothing a human player should have to worry about.

Honestly, all the 'downsides' that people spew about Bloodlines, is by paranoid dolts who don't have a clue what they're talking about, who've had to decline a couple of spampires or even just heard of others having to do so, and who've seen the 'no biting' signs on various clubs, making them feel as if they're under constant threat of being assaulted.

Eternal conflict is for nerds who don't dare actually interact with people.

I agree, I don't think humans should have to pay. I haven't checked, but I feel like the Human HUD does cost L$. I seem to remember paying back the person who gave me one. I just wanted out of the group/family, so may have been paying for something else just so I wouldn't have to bother with them anymore, though, lol.  People may disagree with me and I understand their complaints, but I like the EC system doesn't require humans to wear or buy a HUD.

I was talking to some people in the BL University chat. I think I will remain a Human in that system and visit a few family/clans just to try it out. I'll buy a Torment HUd a little later.

21 hours ago, meatjuice said:

I also have been interested in demon huds. I'm leaning more towards the eternal conflict because it's free and they have resources you can use on sim. I too am more on the casual side and sfw only with rp in SL. The issue I'm having with eternal conflict is you need someone to get you started in it but there are no public groups for it. I'm the kind of person who like to kind of look around before join a clan or whatnot. No public groups makes this kind of hard. 

I messaged you!  A new friend and I idled at Hells location and met up with some players. Contact me later and we can get you in too. I can also send you the info notecards that I picked up, too :)

Forum UI is, once again, being weird - so I can't quote you, @Monique Bellambi. Yes, the Human HUD costs, and I've heard some people say that they've bought it to get into Bloodlines - usually that's not how I do things. If I find someone who expresses an interest in Bloodlines, and I feel as if I care to take them into my family, I'll offer to bite them (or buy them a potion to restore their soul first, if necessary) and buy them the HUD. I'm the one who benefits from having more blood dolls around, after all. If they then want to progress into becoming a vampire later, I'll induct them to vampirism, but buying their own vampire HUD is the first step towards the economical responsibility of the game.

• Like 2

You got two real options Eternal Conflict, free & grindy... However, if you go destroyed you lose all your stats.

Now if you wanna take the more expensive, and no RP at all route. Can check out bloodlines.