Everyday abuse and griefing

KennyChidorie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good evening. One user every day violates the rules of using the virtual world of Second Life (6. Conduct by users of the service). The second time I send a complaint to him, because this person comes to the sandbox and behaves very rudely. A person pursues my and other user avatars, uses cells with +18 material. He behaves negatively in relation to the owners of anime avatars and those who are very similar to them. Several people in one or two days become his victims. This user does not respect personal space, and also does not show tolerance to people who have done nothing to him.

8. PRIVACY AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION

A few days ago, he threw a teleport to his location without any communication or information, which looked very suspicious. In most cases, he negatively behaves towards the owners of female avatars. His victims were several people when I was online. I sent reports on him. However, the person ignores the complaints and continues to behave inappropriately.

This person sits from two accounts and daily mocks other people's avatars. Every day this person pursues, uses cells, and also uses forbidden functions that destroy the software of other computer owners.

You are kindly requested to take action against him or her. Since every day this person humiliates others and mocks others avatars.

Please, don't ignore reports.

Edited by KennyChidorie
For rules

25 answers to this question

• Administrators

Hello KennyChidorie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with another Resident within Second Life.

I can assure you that we are not ignoring Abuse Reports, and we thoroughly investigate each one we come across in the order that they are received. If we are able to confirm that there is a violation of the Terms of Service occurring after reviewing the report, the account will be actioned appropriately.  Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot inform you of the outcome of any of our investigations.

Here are some other handy dandy tips to help you with handling unpleasant interactions within Second Life:

• Consider using the Block/Mute feature. The Second Life viewer, as well as all Third Party Viewers, has the ability to block/mute other residents. This will not only prevent you from seeing what they are saying, both in public and private chat, but will also completely block their avatar so you will not see them at all.
  • If you are a land owner, adding their account to the ban list of your land will also prevent them from accessing your personal space.
  • If you feel that the person is following you from place-to-place, it may be that you are visiting your regular locations and the person knows this.
  • If you are using a Third Party Viewer, you may wish to make sure that RLV is not enabled, as this can allow a person to track your location as well (the location for turning that off is different depending upon the viewer, and you will need to access that specific viewer's documentation for further assistance in this regard).

As stated by a few people in this thread, we highly recommend that you do not engage with Residents that may be harassing or griefing you, or attempt to retaliate in ways that also violate the Terms of Service. 

If you continue to encounter what you believe to be violations of the Terms of Service, please feel free to file another Abuse Report so that we can be made aware of new incidents.

• Like 1

Kenny, you know better than to post something like this.  Submit an Abuse Report with all of the information.  And then remove all trace of the person's name and your photo from here before the moderators catch you. You know that's against the forum rules.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KennyChidorie said:

I sent a report but they ignore me.

not likely, often the experience of griefing is different to the cause of that feeling... and feelings are not really a ground for banning or any other action on a account.

4 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

not likely, often the experience of griefing is different to the cause of that feeling... and feelings are not really a ground for banning or any other action on a account.

What feelings are we talking about? Man interferes with work. Many users come for their own purposes. I personally deal with scripts and textures. I don't need feelings of griefers.

3 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

Are you saying that the damage caused by an idiot that bothers everyone is just imaginary and that that should not be taken into consideration ??? Maybe you should have all your prims scattered by an impact attack, after spending 1, 5 hours building something in a sanbox; or maybe you should know what it feels like when you are setting up delicate controls and commands in a hud that controls body parts, such as skin, texture and skeleton, and someone throws you a pushing or deforming attack, or throws you a cage, or you it pushes to 3,500 meters of altitude. talk about feeling that does not translate the attack suffered, is a statement of an insensitive person, which obviously has never been through. To say "not likely, often the experience of griefing is different to the cause of that feeling... and feelings are not really a ground for banning or any other action on a account." is very easy for one who has never lived that situation.

Edited by VANESSABOCETUDA

4 hours ago, KennyChidorie said:

You are kindly requested to take action against him or her. Since every day this person humiliates others and mocks others avatars.

What type of action would you want us to take?

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

What type of action would you want us to take?

It would be nice if in his inventory they removed the things with which he pushes, pursues other residents. Some users have old computers that can not withstand the deliberate use of scripts that kill the work of the PC as a whole. His objects cause the computer work to freeze in general. Several residents report that troll. It is very sad that such an action does not affect his behavior. He continues to mock other avatars, interfering with the work and other important matters in which their owners are engaged. I hope that he will be banned for a month minimum.

10 hours ago, KennyChidorie said:

It would be nice if in his inventory they removed the things with which he pushes, pursues other residents. Some users have old computers that can not withstand the deliberate use of scripts that kill the work of the PC as a whole. His objects cause the computer work to freeze in general. Several residents report that troll. It is very sad that such an action does not affect his behavior. He continues to mock other avatars, interfering with the work and other important matters in which their owners are engaged. I hope that he will be banned for a month minimum.

But you said you want US to take action. What action?

21 hours ago, KennyChidorie said:

[...] this person comes to the sandbox and behaves very rudely. 

If you search Places for "Sandbox" you'll have a wonderfully long list. Sometimes the best way to stop annoyances is to remove yourself from them.

I have an idea for Linden Lab. You can create a viewer function for redirection so that when you click on a cell on your avatar, this cell redirects to its owner.

Changing the sandbox does not solve the problem. Suppose I change the sandbox. And after some time a new or that griefer will appear. And there is no desire to pay for a VIP sandbox.

I have a griefer hud (i use it's against griefers only). I bought it on purpose to fight back the trolls. Sure, it's can redirect their cages but there is no function to help other people with this problem. So i can't help with protection.

I don't like to use this hud for fight back again and again. Moreover, many users will not buy such a thing for their own protection.

Like other users, I want to go about my business so that the griefers cannot influence my avatar (i work with textures/3D items).

Therefore, I believe that this function can help many to cope with this problem, saving money on the purchase of hud against griefers.

Edited by KennyChidorie

24 minutes ago, KennyChidorie said:

I have a griefer hud (i use it's against griefers only). I bought it on purpose to fight back the trolls. Sure, it's can redirect their cages but there is no function to help other people with this problem. So i can't help with protection.

I don't like to use this hud for fight back again and again. Moreover, many users will not buy such a thing for their own protection.

the reason that many users will not buy a defender hud is that they know they don't need one

what these people do in sandboxes is use the best defender system  which can be had for free.  They rez a box and sit on it, then block and derender anyone or anything annoying, that gets in their view

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

what these people do in sandboxes is use the best defender system  which can be had for free.  They rez a box and sit on it, then block and derender anyone or anything annoying, that gets in their view

This helps to avoid attacks by using cells. But not always.

Some trolls use a Hud that causes the entire Second Life to lag. This is the moment when you don't even have the opportunity to click on any button and then it remains only to use the Task Manager to close the Second Life and at the entrance select another location. Just yesterday, that griefer used such a function.

1 minute ago, KennyChidorie said:

Some trolls use a Hud that causes the entire Second Life to lag. This is the moment when you don't even have the opportunity to click on any button and then it remains only to use the Task Manager to close the Second Life and at the entrance select another location. Just yesterday, that griefer used such a function.

what is AR'able in a Linden-owned sandbox, and actioned by Linden Governance, is when the action causes you or the server to crash. Or when the sandbox is G rated and the spewed objects imagery is Adult in nature. That's pretty much it

a thing we have to remember is that followers and emitters of either objects or particles or sounds are not AR'able in themselves.  And it is in sandboxes where these things are built by users. It's what Linden-owned sandboxes are for - to build and test stuff. Including stuff you may not agree with or like - but that's what the sandboxes are for

when the openness of what can be done in a Linden-owned sandbox makes you uncomfortable or miserable, then build in a non-Linden private-owned sandbox where the owner of the private-owned sandbox may have rules better suited to your wants. There are many of these non-Linden sandboxes available to you in SL for free

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

when the openness of what can be done in a Linden-owned sandbox makes you uncomfortable or miserable, then build in a non-Linden private-owned sandbox where the owner of the private-owned sandbox may have rules better suited to your wants. There are many of these non-Linden sandboxes available to you in SL for free

As I wrote above - I do not invest in Second Life. In real life, I need money to survive.

2 minutes ago, KennyChidorie said:

As I wrote above - I do not invest in Second Life. In real life, I need money to survive.

there are lots of non-Linden sandboxes where you can go for free to build your stuff. A couple of good ones, and good people, are: New Amsterdam and Builders Brewery. There are lots of others as well. Look them up in Search

Kenny, by using an "anti griefer" HUD and counterattacking, you become a griefer yourself.  Not just morally speaking...you can actually get yourself Abuse Reported.

As I and others have advised, there are many FREE sandboxes that you can use.  Some of them are even patrolled by residents who have eject and ban authority and can deal with griefers.

Use them.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.