Favourite Area Names

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really loving some of the neighbourhood names I come across.

This one was a bit of a 'How did I miss this?' moment.

Emerson Lake, right next to Palmer Lake up in the north of Our New continent

(Emerson, lake and Palmer were prog rockers from the land before time for any youngsters out there!)

Anyone else spotted names they've really enjoyed?

• Like 5

I got a chuckle out of Emerson Lake and Palmer Lake the first time I saw it. YUGE made me laugh a couple of days ago, too. 

Hunky Dory is my absolute favorite, though.

(Story time!)

Years and years ago when my mom was dying, the cancer and the huge amounts of morphine had her hallucinating quite a bit. She was in a nursing home and in her mind, that equated to being in a hospital and we all just went along with it. The only times in her life she'd ever been in the hospital was when she had babies (eight of 'em) so she thought that's what was going on. I was sitting on her bed talking to her and we had this conversation:

Mom - Where's the baby?

Me - Oh... um... he's in the nursery.

Mom - Oh, good. Is he okay?

Me - Yep! Everything is hunky dory.

Mom - Let's call him that. 

Me - What?

Mom - Hunky Dory Macbain. dissolves into laughter 

One of my favorite final memories with her. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I got a chuckle out of Emerson Lake and Palmer Lake the first time I saw it. YUGE made me laugh a couple of days ago, too. 

Hunky Dory is my absolute favorite, though.

(Story time!)

Years and years ago when my mom was dying, the cancer and the huge amounts of morphine had her hallucinating quite a bit. She was in a nursing home and in her mind, that equated to being in a hospital and we all just went along with it. The only times in her life she'd ever been in the hospital was when she had babies (eight of 'em) so she thought that's what was going on. I was sitting on her bed talking to her and we had this conversation:

Mom - Where's the baby?

Me - Oh... um... he's in the nursery.

Mom - Oh, good. Is he okay?

Me - Yep! Everything is hunky dory.

Mom - Let's call him that. 

Me - What?

Mom - Hunky Dory Macbain. dissolves into laughter 

One of my favorite final memories with her. ❤️❤️❤️

Awe, I just love this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I too like New Hamsterdam, but here are a few other faves:

• Updock (ask someone what that is, Bugs!)
  • Buitenwijk (Dutch for Suburb)
  • Emerson Lake (I wonder if there are palms in that region to represent Palmer)
  • Due South (Located in the North of Bellisseria)
  • Bellfry (Needs to be checked for bats)
  • Hartnell (I still need to check that region for a TARDIS, William Hartnell was the first Doctor in Doctor Who)

There are more but I can't quite remember them off the top of my head... and without coffee! :D 

EDIT: I need to mention Getthe Point and Arrgh as well!

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've explored Yuge a few times, but in my head I kept calling pronouncing it  'you-gee' - I only just got this😁

Every time I see Shady Corners I want to laugh - just reminds me of a retirement home....And myopia falls. Not sure I'd want to live in Bilgewater...conjurs up images of umm..waste water...

I like the sound of Plafil Waters...not sure why lol.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Haha 3

The Squishy Pickle has all the best region names.  Getthe Point, Tatsulot (I wonder if that was the last region in the area to get its name), Oyster Soup, Slippery Wharf, Puddleduck, and of course Arrgh! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

The Squishy Pickle has all the best region names.  Getthe Point, Tatsulot (I wonder if that was the last region in the area to get its name), Oyster Soup, Slippery Wharf, Puddleduck, and of course Arrgh! 

I was hoping the region with the actual Squishy Pickle would be called Squishy Pickle or something else with Pickle in the name.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.