What is a fair price for a 20K Prim Grandfathered Region?

JamesIceleaf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

Tier date is based on the date the owner got their premium account not when the sim was created as far as I know. There are probably others listed that you could check. I would think maybe 1.5 times the cost of a new non-grandfathered one would be fairly reasonable. Unless something has changed, the transfer fee for one of these is $600.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:46 PM, JamesIceleaf said:

I would love to here from those with experience in this area. I know the price should vary some based upon tier date.

A fair price is whatever you're willing to pay for it. Private regions also do not have "land use fees" at any tier, so those dates do not apply. For private regions the billing date is based on the date the region was first ordered and created, so every region is different - and that date is perpetual; it never changes, even if estate owner changes.

Edited by Alyona Su

Grandfathered regions aren't quite the deal they once were. The monthly maintenance fees for standard region and grandfathered were $295 and $195, respectively. That's $100 per month saving. The current maintenance fees are $229 and $179, so you're saving $50/month. That doubles the time to recoup the extra cost of buying a grandfathered region. It's still worth it if you're planning on keeping the region for long enough. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.