Friend Request History

XRockstarX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to find a history of friend requests with dates sent to a specific avatar. Is it possible to find the dates that I have sent a friend request to one person? The chat logs only save IM chat and not local chat. I am using firestorm and I see no setting to save local chat logs. I think this used to be an option on older viewers. Is there any way to retrieve this information? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

You can indeed save local chat.  There are two places in Preferences that control this.  The first is in the Privacy tab, Logs & Transcripts sub-tab.

chat2.PNG.ea95a29e34f34110f82d9ef40e00b8b0.PNG

The second thing is in Preferences, Network & Files tab, Directories sub-tab.  Here you can set a custom file location for the chat and IM logs.

chat1.jpg.61aee56339af5924074d2d089d7ab7c7.jpg

The local chat log will be saved as a file called "chat.txt".  It can become quite large, so I open it up about once a quarter, trim off everything but the last three months, and store the older text in a separate file.

From the Firestorm wiki:

To save or not save your chat logs and transcripts (nearby, IM/Group), go to Preferences → Privacy -> Logs & Transcripts and select the options under Save:.

The location for the saved chat logs and transcripts depends on your operating system but can be found and changed in Network & Files -> Directories → Conversation logs and transcripts location. Press the Set button to change it to a different folder.

The logs are simple text files. You can open them with any text editor. Double click the chat.txt to open with your system's default editor. Best with viewer closed.

You can search the text file with the editor's FIND.

You can find the chat and IM logs in C:\Users\[Windows_login_name]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\[SL_login_name]\ (default location)

If you know the avatar name (account name in this case) you can search IM text files as there are separate files for each person/avatar. Search for "friend?", no quotes. This will take you to each instance of a sent or received friend request.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.