Furniture / SL expressions through a Catwa head?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently switched to a Catwa head and wondering if it has a better solution than my prior brand for the issue I'll mention here.

A lot of furniture can trigger the 'built in facial expressions' system of SL. On 'classic heads' this will cause you to smile, wink, cry, gasp, laugh, and so on...

On bento heads I've had to use a third party HUD such as these:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BENTO-EXPRESSION-HUD-V13-box/11827184

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HD-bento-Facial-expression-HUD-BENTO-poseao/11027732

- Which are weighty scripts that handle this with their own built in animations that are... not always ideal for any given mesh head... (one of the sticks my tongue out through my nose on both my old head and the Catwa head because it was made for... I have no idea what head...).

- Further these HUDs with their custom HUDs result in the animatins of my Catwa head, and those of my old brand - to be shut off. Meaning I need to be constantly swapping HUDs around to bring back the head's own animations once I stand up.

I've noticed that Catwa has some really good facial animations... Is there an actual Catwa solution that ties each of these to one of the SL expression triggers? These things:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations

Which aretypicall triggered by furniture using the AVpose system (90%+ of modern SL furniture) faces.lsl script:

https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_faces.html

Or failing a Catwa Solution, even a third party that uses Catwa's API to call it's animations so they don't "break" when I sit on furniture with expressions.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

Do you know if there's any sort of bridge script out there I could place in my home or in furniture that would hear what AVsit says, and shout it back to Catwa's channel?

... Wonder how hard it would be to hack AVsit to spam that channel there. At least AVsit is open source so it's not an impossible task, but it'd mean I could only fix this for my own furniture.

If you already about to hack AVsit...

just replace the expression name in the AVpos NC with a bento face animation you also drop into the furniture...

still only works in your own stuff...

UPDATE:

curious kitty just tested with smile, llGetAnimationList (<-click for da wiki) can detect running expressions... just write your own mini AO constantly polling for expressions and copy the animations you extracted form your catwa head into it so it can trigger them when appropriate - no need for spamming channels...

PS: for the script conscious... check wether you are sitting first with a longer sleep interval if not sitting so the script eats less script time ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm halfway through wiritng a HUD now that finds the animations you are running, and if one of them is a specific internal expression, it spams me...

Now I just need to have to it spam that channel for any match. And then clean it up. Try to make myself a HUD that is super light weight...

I need to figure out which expressions match to which (exp0 in Catwa is which internal animation). Maybe that's documented. Haven't gotten that far yet... still making sure I can find the proper animation and I'm not calling out smile because my avatar started flying... :P

If I can do this in a light-weight HUD, that ONLY does this... I can pass that around as a solution that can be kept on and doesn't mess with other things like the 'bento HUDs' do. Those HUDs are primarily designed to let you pose a specific animation, and the feature I want is just a side feature of what they do - they were made back before most Bento heads had good animations (and some brands still don't) or at least stylized animations (one of the HUDs has as it's purpose the ability to do extreme expressions for things like an anime-posed shot).

EDIT: Found the catwa expressions. They're the HUD ones which was pretty obvious once I looked. They don't exactly match to the built in SL ones. I am triggering them now with my little hud, but just with some crud number matching.

Getting close to solving what I had thought was going to be an impossible to solve issue. That Catwa has that API makes this a lot easier than it looked on my old head (where I would have been blocked by not knowing animation UUIDs).

EDIT: success. I have now have a HUD released as well, in two versions, that is ultra-low memory and works through Catwa's animations.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.