G rated DEMO for M rated item in marketplace?

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

- The original full body jewelry has to display with nude avatar, so it will be listed as M rated.

- But the DEMO of that item doesn't contain any nudity or anything adult, just the photo of the jewelry only.

Therefore is it allowed to list the DEMO as G rated and linked it with a M rated item in the marketplace ?

I didn't list it yet, just looking the possibility.

If you "paint out" the bits on the nude body in the display pic I don't know why you couldn't list the item as G rated. I did a search with only G enabled and found full nude body with the "painting out" as I suggested. I think you won't have any trouble as long as the bits are disguised.

• Like 1

Just now, MeshPromo said:

Actually the DEMO will not have any avatar, just the photo of the jewelry only. My only concern is, it will link to a M rated item that has nude photo.

Yes, what I'm saying is that even for the actual product, not the demo, if you paint out the bits on the nude body you will NOT have to list it as M. You can have both listed as G unless the jewelry itself is adult rated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

back in the day when i was selling skins they were flagged as Adult. ¬¬ apparently they don't have to be anymore? I wish i knew this when standard ava skins were still relevant... or maybe this has changed since then, i listed them 8 or more years ago...

I've been in SL for a very long time. Skins with the bits "painted out" on the vendor cover have never been A rated.

Edited by Blush Bravin

mine are not "painted out". They show a full naked body. Back in the day i listed them as M but they were flagged and set to A. I left it at that, and any new skins i had released after i always listed as A myself, as i thought that was appropriate. But according to this wiki, skins should be ok for M so i just went and set all my old skins to M. Not that it matters much, as nobody buys standard ava skins anymore anyway 😏

17 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

mine are not "painted out". They show a full naked body. Back in the day i listed them as M but they were flagged and set to A. I left it at that, and any new skins i had released after i always listed as A myself, as i thought that was appropriate. But according to this wiki, skins should be ok for M so i just went and set all my old skins to M. Not that it matters much, as nobody buys standard ava skins anymore anyway 😏

The bits is what makes it M .. so yeah. It pretty much has to be sexual in nature to be A. Bits are just anatomy unless actively engaged. :D 

• Moderators

Greetings all!

If the image shows "bits", then the listing has to be set to Adult.

If the image censors the "bits" then the listing can be set to General. 

This information is in the Marketplace Listing Guidelines, located here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#adult-guidelines

Bits = female nipples, including aerola, and both male and female genitals. 

• Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.