Can't change maturity ratings (yes, I'm over 18)

FiViNess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I've created my SL account more than a year ago, 3 months before my 18 birthday. I was patiently waiting to change maturity ratings in the future, but even now, almost a year after my birthday changing maturity settings is blocked, both in official SL viewer and Firestorm. How to fix it or with who should I get in touch?

7 answers to this question

That generally doesn't happen automatically.  I know that's counter-intuitive, but it's the way the system works.  Just submit a support case to let LL know that you are now an adult.  They may or may not ask you to send a photocopy of some document to prove it, but wait till they ask.

4 hours ago, calico Seerose said:

for some reason I can not change my setting to adult in marketplace. Can you explain what I need to do to change it

It could be the same bug that the original poster had.  In that case, do what Rolig suggested and file a support case.  However, this can also happen if you are not logged in on the Marketplace page.  In that case, all it will show you is G rated items.  The top right corner of the Marketplace page will have an orange sign, "Join Now, It's Free", and a place right next to that to log in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SewTaylor said:

I cannot age verify.  Please advise.

You cannot?  You have no birth certificate, passport, driver's license, or other official document with your birthdate on them?  If not, then you really are out of luck, and not just in SL. If you have any of those documents at all, though, all you have to do is submit a support case to explain the problem with not being able to change your maturity rating.  Linden Lab will ask to see a photocopy of your proof of age, and that's it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 2:51 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That generally doesn't happen automatically.  I know that's counter-intuitive, but it's the way the system works.  Just submit a support case to let LL know that you are now an adult.  They may or may not ask you to send a photocopy of some document to prove it, but wait till they ask.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.