Lindens

ryanmartins1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some people are embarrassed to be corrected. I’ve been that way before: boldly state what I think I know, then sheepishly get “schooled”.

So true. Private message is a better way to go in some cases. I'm not so sure that it is warranted in this case as it's a very simple issue.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Um.. in general, yes.  In this particular case, the response doesn't look overly snippy.  In fact, the OP seems to have taken it in the same lighthearted way that it was offered.  The conversation turned south after the next post in the thread, when the topic turned meta, dealing with the difference between didactic and pedantic.  I doubt that the OP was put off by any of this.  Bemused, perhaps, but probably not made to feel unwelcome.  That's just my guess, of course, but I think this was not a thread to hold up as a glaring example of newbie-baiting.  

I know when I read the first response I thought it was a bit snippy .. but only slightly so. The real issue as you pointed out was triggered by the responses that followed.

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Where were you in January, when I could have used the extra heat?  Your timing is off.

I'm a lout. In January I'll bury you in snow.

I'm actually still burning fires in my RL fireplace, as it's yet to break 70F in my yard. My furnace kicked in a few nights ago, to bring the house back up to 68 for breakfast. My crabapple bloomed six weeks later than last year and I still can't leave my Mandevilla plants out overnight because it's dropping into the 40s. This is the coolest spring I can remember.

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm a lout. In January I'll bury you in snow.

I'm actually still burning fires in my RL fireplace, as it's yet to break 70F in my yard. My furnace kicked in a few nights ago, to bring the house back up to 68 for breakfast. My crabapple bloomed six weeks later than last year and I still can't leave my Mandevilla plants out overnight because it's dropping into the 40s. This is the coolest spring I can remember.

Climate change!

You lot ever wonder if the Lindens look at us lot in the forums and think WTF, when someone asks a fairly simple question so a simple answer would suffice but nope, that never happens because it gets answered from '100' different angles. 😂 

WDuX31p6X681y.gif

• Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

It is regular credit card only.  Even debit cards will not work unless they can also be run as a credit card.

You can also use verified paypal and skrill accounts but those will need either a credit card or your bank info tied to those accounts.

Debit cards work by themselves, at least my Visa Electron (debit-only, which I got when I was 15) has worked for many years even before renewing it.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Debit cards work by themselves, at least my Visa Electron (debit-only, which I got when I was 15) has worked for many years even before renewing it.

Yeah, every once in a while you can get lucky.  Linden Lab advises, though, that most debit cards and prepaid cards are incompatible with their system, so don't count on it.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.