Server problems?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a couple of days now, I've had stuff refusing to detach from my avatar, or being very slow in doing so. I've also had to re-log on several occasions for my avatar to appear, and now textures have started getting wonky; taking ages to load, and often getting corrupted before fully loaded (ending up blurry or just ceasing to load completely). I've checked the grid status and found nothing but a notice from yesterday about there being some troubles, I even went in and cleared my texture cache when I noticed that there's no new data coming in for textures.

I've had some people say that they've had issues too, but they appear to vary in nature quite a bit - is anyone else having issues or should I keep troubleshooting on my end?

• Thanks 1

I had a patch of ending up wearing two saved outfits at the same time, which seems to have cleared now.

I also had a period when I lost things during tp, seemingly at random. This now seems ok.

I did lose a ring yesterday, but that might have just been me.

But at Secret Beach the other day, there was a guy on a lounger with only his head showing, and he stayed like that. I mentioned it and eventually he appeared.

I just sort of shrug it off now, as part if SL. If everything works smoothly it's a bonus. 😊

Oh yeah, and detaching that second outfit under the first has been a real pain...

Oh and my Lara alpha sometimes plays up by alpharing, say one section of my leg, even when I show all...... *shrugs*

I still love it!

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Same. It slows down my dressing at home, but once I save the outfit, if I’m elsewhere and have problems detaching temporary stuff, I just go to the outfits list and click “Wear” on whichever I was using. Seems to work.

• Like 1

I haven't had recent issues other than one day when my alpha HUD was misbehaving (a relog fixed that, as I recall). However, my partner has had recurring trouble lately with slow rezzing textures and missing avatar parts like arms and heads. I wonder if geography has anything to do with it? I'm USA and he's UK.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.