Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does the new continent of Bellisaria (where the new Linden Homes are) have any Linden Rez Zones, simillar to the ones on the mainland where folks can rez a car, bike, or boat?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Does the new continent of Bellisaria (where the new Linden Homes are) have any Linden Rez Zones, simillar to the ones on the mainland where folks can rez a car, bike, or boat?

Yep they are all over the place, this site which was kindly put together by a local community has an entire list of them for you.

 

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/news/landmarks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Thank you!  I am really diggin' the community spirit the new continent has awakened.

You can also get a free map on the Marketplace. Search "Bellisseria rez map" and you'll find it. You can rez it or wear it as a HUD, and click on it to open the map and TP right to a rez zone.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, the HUD was easy to find due to a link on the page Willow posted.  I bought it, as well as some other stuff to support the vendor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Yep they are all over the place, this site which was kindly put together by a local community has an entire list of them for you.

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/news/landmarks

I think we need official rez zones from LL, with markers, just like you have along some of the routes on the mainland :

mainland_rez_zone_001.png.92f8c06d8436366e8664e6268327f326.png

There are clearly marked zones for boats, so why not for land too? It would be great for non-house owners to be able to explore and travel around with a vehicle.

It's great that the list was put together, but the  problem I find with it with it is that isn't clear exactly where the rez zone is when you tp there - no markings or anything, so a few times I've been stumbling around rezzing and getting the no rez message:( They are not official zones, and as they are in SSPE areas will only temporarily work - once the houses are built only the resident on that part would be able to rez, just like elsewhere (or not if it's a road).  So we really need some permanent official ones. @Patch Linden pretty please!:):)

If I'm mistaken on any of that please let me know:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think we need official rez zones from LL, with markers, just like you have along some of the routes on the mainland :

There are clearly marked zones for boats, so why not for land too? It would be great for non-house owners to be able to explore and travel around with a vehicle.

It's great that the list was put together, but the  problem I find with it with it is that isn't clear exactly where the rez zone is when you tp there - no markings or anything, so a few times I've been stumbling around rezzing and getting the no rez message:( They are not official zones, and as they are in SSPE areas will only temporarily work - once the houses are built only the resident on that part would be able to rez, just like elsewhere (or not if it's a road).  So we really need some permanent official ones. @Patch Linden pretty please!:):)

If I'm mistaken on any of that please let me know:)

I do like the idea of those signs!

And I'm not totally sure myself. I have yet to see official markers on land in Bellisseria, but then I haven't seen all of it yet either.

I think you're very right in that, at least for now, the issue may be that the rez zones MAY be subject to future change. If I remember correctly @Abnor Mole mentioned initially I think they were strategically placed (and in something of a hurry due to public demand, but still consciously done) with consideration to using a portion of the region's prim allowance that wasn't being utilized at that time. Now the continent is expanding it's possible some rez zones may also change location as they make way for buildings and landscaping. Whether or not they are, hopefully we do get some sort of official marker to define the space.

I don't want to sound horrible, but bear in mind also a lot of people can't or won't read much less "look" for a sign. If they are more familiar with the same design as is what is currently on display at water rez zones then they may be so used to looking for that they won't recognise anything else. But LL can't cater for everyone, and nor should they.

Fingers crossed we get something either way :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

It's great that the list was put together, but the  problem I find with it with it is that isn't clear exactly where the rez zone is when you tp there - no markings or anything, so a few times I've been stumbling around rezzing and getting the no rez message:( They are not official zones, and as they are in SSPE areas will only temporarily work - once the houses are built only the resident on that part would be able to rez, just like elsewhere (or not if it's a road).  So we really need some permanent official ones. @Patch Linden pretty please!:):)

At least for the official list from Abnor, the SLURLs put you RIGHT on top of the rez zone (at least all the ones that I have tested). That list is here:  https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/04/bellisseria-car-and-boat-rezzing-zones.html

According to Abnor Mole: 

Quote

For those of you wondering why they are where they are and not in every region, it has to do with Land Impact. We have to be extra careful to reserve enough Land Impact on the main parcel to support the LI of everyone's houses. So we placed most of these rezzing areas in regions with no resident homes in them for now.

It seems very likely that if any of the current rez zone need to disappear because of land impact of the region, that a nearby area will be used for a new rez zone. Even MORE likely (hopefully) that the sims that have rez zones currently will incorporate the current rez zones into the design and adjust the landscaping land impact so that they can be permanent.  And even better design wise (in my mind anyway) some areas built in that LOOK like parking lots and that abut round-about areas --- thus making it both obvious that they are rez zones AND keeping in theme.   

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

At least for the official list from Abnor, the SLURLs put you RIGHT on top of the rez zone (at least all the ones that I have tested). That list is here:  https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/04/bellisseria-car-and-boat-rezzing-zones.html

According to Abnor Mole: 

It seems very likely that if any of the current rez zone need to disappear because of land impact of the region, that a nearby area will be used for a new rez zone. Even MORE likely (hopefully) that the sims that have rez zones currently will incorporate the current rez zones into the design and adjust the landscaping land impact so that they can be permanent.  And even better design wise (in my mind anyway) some areas built in that LOOK like parking lots and that abut round-about areas --- thus making it both obvious that they are rez zones AND keeping in theme.   

 

 

Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose that because it's a Linden Home area one would not be able to subdivide their parcel and turn part of it into a privately-run rez zone open to the public?  I've seen that and done that on the Mainland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I suppose that because it's a Linden Home area one would not be able to subdivide their parcel and turn part of it into a privately-run rez zone open to the public?  I've seen that and done that on the Mainland.

Correct. No terraforming, no subdividing, etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people do however effectively make their land into a rezz zone by allowing anyone to rezz and usually using autoreturn set to 5 minutes to keep the place tidy.

If you are using a third party viewer then it is pretty easy to spot the extent of an official rezz zone by using the minimal to display parcel borders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 12:04 AM, Aethelwine said:

Some people do however effectively make their land into a rezz zone by allowing anyone to rezz and usually using autoreturn set to 5 minutes to keep the place tidy.

If you are using a third party viewer then it is pretty easy to spot the extent of an official rezz zone by using the minimal to display parcel borders. 

I didn't realize you could set that to see rez zones.  I'll have to plunk around with it when I have the chance.  Thanks for the tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 7:54 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Correct. No terraforming, no subdividing, etc. 

Dang.  That said, after exploring the continent just a little bit, it seems like Linden has done a great job of making rez zones -- at least with the sailing that I did.  My goal is to sail via Linden Waterways from a rez zone in Bellaseria to one of my parcels in Sansera.  That would be cool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I didn't realize you could set that to see rez zones.  I'll have to plunk around with it when I have the chance.  Thanks for the tip.

I hope that made sense, the minimal should read minimap... auto-correct on my phone strikes again.

26 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Dang.  That said, after exploring the continent just a little bit, it seems like Linden has done a great job of making rez zones -- at least with the sailing that I did.  My goal is to sail via Linden Waterways from a rez zone in Bellaseria to one of my parcels in Sansera.  That would be cool.

Unless you are sailing to one of a handful of parcels on the south coast of Sansara you won't be able to make the journey by water without Linden Lab adding more water sims around the edge of the continent. You should be able to make the journey by air though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...