VR Headsets - Like 'em? Hate 'em?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:15 PM, femhalf said:

I didn't mind them and i used the Oculus Rift 2nd prototype version(?)  The one before it officially launched.  Calibrating them for every application was the only thing i didn't like about them.

I don't know about the prototype but now you calibrate once when you set up the sensors then it just works. Also oculus's new version now uses inside out tracking so no sensors to set up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I purchased a pair of mixed reality goggles several months ago, and it really is a lot of fun

o0o that sound nice :)

What brand of mixed reality goggles did you buy?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

o0o that sound nice :)

What brand of mixed reality googles did you buy?

I bought the Acer AH101, which were on sale at the time.  They really are cool, there are no sensors that I had to setup, I just have to walk them around the perimeter I want to play in.  The downside is that I need to calibrate them every time I want to use them to walking around.  That can be a bit of a pain, because it takes a few tries to set the perimeter up correctly.  Other than that I have no real complaints with them.  

They also fit around my glasses which a big plus.  Originally, I thought I wouldn't need my glasses because I am near sighted, it was very strange to see things were a little more blurry with out them, even though the screen is right in front of my face 😂 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WillowTenage said:

I bought the Acer AH101, which were on sale at the time.  They really are cool, there are no sensors that I had to setup, I just have to walk them around the perimeter I want to play in.  The downside is that I need to calibrate them every time I want to use them to walking around.  That can be a bit of a pain, because it takes a few tries to set the perimeter up correctly.  Other than that I have no real complaints with them.  

Thanks I will have to take a look.

The nice thing about the new Oculus Quest is that it saves the room settings once you map them out. And, they have a kind of AR function in that getting close to the room boundary causes the actual room to appear in black and white (maybe it's some kind of photo).

• Like 1

Have the Oculus Rift, and I do love playing games with it, only for short periods though. Can not hold my interest for longer periods, but I like how it works. Can't wait for improved generations with more realism/immersion

Its fun playing together with a friend, who is at their place, but with the build in mic you can play and talk together like you are in the same room.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.