I couldn't see or enter my land.

flywyxwyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've rent a land and used it for months. It was good before. 

But from several days ago, I couldn't see it.       I can't see it and another land beside it (I didn't rent that other land) . 

(It shows water at that place and another land beside it).           

When I try to get in (walk or fly)  there, I fell offline.    I tried many times.

My friends can see that land I rent. They can walk into that land.

I can see and tp to other lands, including my Linden home.

Reintalled Firestorm, nothing changed. 

Anyone know what's happening?

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, flywyxwyx said:

I've rent a land and used it for months. It was good before. 

But from several days ago, I couldn't see it.       I can't see it and another land beside it (I didn't rent that other land) . 

(It shows water at that place and another land beside it).           

When I try to get in (walk or fly)  there, I fell offline.    I tried many times.

My friends can see that land I rent. They can walk into that land.

I can see and tp to other lands, including my Linden home.

Reintalled Firestorm, nothing changed. 

Anyone know what's happening?

Thanks!

Did you contact the company you rent from?

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Did you contact the company you rent from?

I contacted.  He think maybe someone threw strange scripts on the land. 

But my friends can see and go into that land. 

If that script is only to the owner of the land, I couldn't see the other land beside mine (I didn't rent that land) either.

That doesn't make sense.

37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

What happens if someone tries to tp you to the land?  Do you get any kind of message?

If I try to walk/fly to that land or my friends tp me, I got sticked in the dark, then fell offline.

1 minute ago, flywyxwyx said:

seems that land's url is ??? to me.

If my friends stand on that land, and I stand on a land beside it, we can talk.

But I couldn't see them and couldn't see their names in "Nearby". 

I really think your rental company should be investigating this properly.  That is what you pay them for.

might be time to start investigating if the connection problem is caused by this avatar account, or by your computer connection to the region server

to begin investigating.  If you have a alternative (second) account then log it in and  try to get onto the parcel.  If you don't have a second account then you can make it by going to the www.secondlife.com  and Join Free like you did already with your flywyxwyx account

if you cannot access the parcel on your second account then there is a connection problem between your computer and the region server

if you can access the parcel on your second account then there is an issue with your flywyxwyx account

do the second account testing, it will narrow down what might the issue be. Then come back on here and we will try to help you further

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

might be time to start investigating if the connection problem is caused by this avatar account, or by your computer connection to the region server

to begin investigating.  If you have a alternative (second) account then log it in and  try to get onto the parcel.  If you don't have a second account then you can make it by going to the www.secondlife.com  and Join Free like you did already with your flywyxwyx account

if you cannot access the parcel on your second account then there is a connection problem between your computer and the region server

if you can access the parcel on your second account then there is an issue with your flywyxwyx account

do the second account testing, it will narrow down what might the issue be. Then come back on here and we will try to help you further

Thank you!

The second account has the same problem.

Next step.  Tell us what viewer you are using. menu: Help \ About. Copy to Clipboard and paste the info here

we want to know if you are using the standard LL viewer or a 3rd-party viewer (TPV) like Firestorm, Catznip. SIngularity, etc

10 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Next step.  Tell us what viewer you are using. menu: Help \ About. Copy to Clipboard and paste the info here

we want to know if you are using the standard LL viewer or a 3rd-party viewer (TPV) like Firestorm, Catznip. SIngularity, etc

Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Feb  9 2019 00:08:17 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5350U CPU @ 1.80GHz (1800 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.5 Darwin 18.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 18.6.0: Thu Apr 25 23:16:27 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4903.261.4~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel Inc.
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000

OpenGL Version: 2.1 INTEL-12.9.22

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.10
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1100x674 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 312 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 768 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-6-13T13:3:31 
Built with Clang version 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.38)
June 13 2019 06:22:37 SLT

I reinstalled Firestorm 6.0.2 for mac ( tested firestorm/phoenix/viewer6) from here: https://www.firestormviewer.org/mac/

and reinstalled the SL viewer from here: https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

The same problem show.

I don't know anything at all about Mac computers. I don't have one. We wait on that part for somebody who does, to come by. Calling @Whirly Fizzle @Qie Niangao  @Lindal Kidd @Rolig Loon

in the meantime.  When you say you can see your land and can stand next to it.  Is your land a whole region and you are standing on a region next to it ?, Or is your land a parcel and you can stand on another parcel on the same region ?

Edited by Mollymews
know
  • Like 1

Power off your router/cable modem fully for a couple of minutes & reboot your computer for good measure.
If that doesn't fix it, try to get the region owner to restart the region so it changes IP.  It's possible your router/firewall has blocked the regions IP for some reason.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Power off your router/cable modem fully for a couple of minutes & reboot your computer for good measure.
If that doesn't fix it, try to get the region owner to restart the region so it changes IP.  It's possible your router/firewall has blocked the regions IP for some reason.

Done.

Seems the same problem still exist..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.