Whats the maximum range of most security orbs to fly over?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Before I make adjustments to some of my flight plans, it will be helpful to know if most security orbs have a meter or feet range to fly over.

Some of my flights can just barely pass over a security orb, without "triggering" the send home or ejection from land.

Some flight plans might as well be called "invalid", when the plane can't make it to the next airport.

H160 Landing at Free Flights Club.PNG

4 answers to this question

on old mainland there is no covenant, unlike the new Bella continent and on private estates. So old mainland residents pretty much set orbs to anything they like. From zero-warning to heaps of warning time, at any and all heights

when flying/driving/sailing on mainland, then the best nav map to use when using Firestorm is the Minimap. The minimap has an option (first introduced by Catznip viewer)  to show parcel boundaries

when setting up your flight plans and when flying then use the minimap parcel boundaries to guide you. Try to stay on the Linden road/rail/path right-of-ways and waterways on the regions where these are available. Stay on the right-of-ways and you will not be troubled by any resident parcel orb, banline, no-object entry or no-script restrictions. Some of the right-of-ways can be quite narrow in places, when so then the best advice is to go slow

• Thanks 1

Bigmoe, speaking as an aviator, that's just rude.  It's certainly your right, and I'd do that if my land was being targeted by griefers or stalkers.  But it would be considerate if you'd set the orb to let people fly over at a reasonable altitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the newer Linden areas the 400m to 2000m is semi reserved for flying. No skyboxes or security ejection in the zone.

The new Linden security orbs are designed for use in Belliseria. Plus, ban-lines are a no-no. Orbs that reach outside the parcel or above the max height are reportable in those areas.

Minimum time to ejection is 15 seconds for the Linden made orbs. I think 60 seconds is more reasonable... But, eject times of less than 15 sec are reportable in Belliseria.

You can use the Shergood Avation Maps to find where Sec Orbs are located and get details on them. The Shergood flight systems report to the map system and thus the map is a real time report which automatically updates. It also detect down regions and laggy regions.

There are Ban-line detectors. They work better for sailing and driving than for flying but, can be used to fly. Check the marketplace.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.