Jump to content
Alazarin Mondrian

Need info on SL16B Festival Stage

Recommended Posts

Hi! I'm booked in to play on the SL16B Festival stage and I want to find out any info I can about the stage's size, shape, colour scheme, etc., so that I can assemble a stage set that blends in nicely. I have tried contacting the people running the stage but to no avail and time is running out. Is it the same shape as last year's stage? If so I could recolour and tweak our rotating stage set for this year. Or is it your traditional venue stage set into a wall?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alazarin Mondrian said:

Hi! I'm booked in to play on the SL16B Festival stage and I want to find out any info I can about the stage's size, shape, colour scheme, etc., so that I can assemble a stage set that blends in nicely. I have tried contacting the people running the stage but to no avail and time is running out. Is it the same shape as last year's stage? If so I could recolour and tweak our rotating stage set for this year. Or is it your traditional venue stage set into a wall?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The folks over at SL16B are not allowed to tell you anything (sort of like a NDA but not written in blood or anything) so if you cannot find out from the Moles there or any other official person you will just need to wait until you can get in to see for yourself. Since the event runs for a long while you should have time -- unless of course you are up the first day. 

I haven't paid any attention to the stages but you can see sizes and colors on the MAP well enough so watch that as the sims are decorated. Type in SL16B in the map to find the sims.  The DJ stage is in the top right corner.  The "cake" stage always seems to arrive at the last minute (I am guessing that is part of the surprise).   You can see the official logo on the announcement post.  If you make your setup modular and all light gray, then you can easily tint it to go with the decor. The "theme" as stated in the announcement is retro sock hop era. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

unless of course you are up the first day.

Guess what? I'm up on the 21st [Second Day] and the 26th so that gives me under 24 hours to size up the Festival Stage, design and build a stage set.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alazarin Mondrian said:

Guess what? I'm up on the 21st [Second Day] and the 26th so that gives me under 24 hours to size up the Festival Stage, design and build a stage set.

Prims are your friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The "theme" as stated in the announcement is retro sock hop era. 

They should have called it SL16: Happy Days.

ad_1863751511-e1446282349857.jpg?quality

 

You're welcome. xD

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hated all that sorta stuff... I was a progger back in my teenage years. Things like Grease made me want to spark up and listen to The Firesign Theatre or Cheech and Chong instead.

*BUT*

It's like this every year. They let the builders in early to set up their exhibits. I know, I had exhibits and my own stage at some of the SLB things long ago. Us performers are treated like some sort of tolerated afterthought. And every year there's different organizers who inevitably ask me the same question: Have you ever played at an SLB event before? Sure, but the organizers are the n00bs and it shows.

Here's a thought: treat us performers like you do any other exhibitor. Be professional about things and work with us. Yanno, we might even integrate our acts into the SLB theme of the year. As it stands all you're gonna get is performers rushing in with their generic gig setup.

Edited by Alazarin Mondrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alazarin Mondrian said:

It's like this every year. They let the builders in early to set up their exhibits. I know, I had exhibits and my own stage at some of the SLB things long ago. Us performers are treated like some sort of tolerated afterthought. And every year there's different organizers who inevitably ask me the same question: Have you ever played at an SLB event before? Sure, but the organizers are the n00bs and it shows.

Simple solution: Quit accepting performances.

As long as you comply with whatever they toss at you, you will have to accept it. If you had told them "Under those circumstances I cannot perform" and stated your needs they would have had to find someone else or give in.

You however seem to have accepted and knew what was coming for you...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be worth asking if they can swap your performance time so it's later into the event. That way, you'll be able to see the final stage with some days to resize things to fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not the only one having issues - my group was selected to be an exhibitor, but the Moles are not helping me gain access to the parcel. Since Sunday I have messaged, sent notes, etc. I received one chat message from one of them saying he was assigned to help, but when I responded, he wasn't online, and I got no response. Asked for instructions, a SLURL, a group invite - anything to get me started, but I'm getting zilch. Build required to be finished by the 18th. Very close to just backing out.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sifriya Devin said:

You're not the only one having issues - my group was selected to be an exhibitor, but the Moles are not helping me gain access to the parcel. Since Sunday I have messaged, sent notes, etc. I received one chat message from one of them saying he was assigned to help, but when I responded, he wasn't online, and I got no response. Asked for instructions, a SLURL, a group invite - anything to get me started, but I'm getting zilch. Build required to be finished by the 18th. Very close to just backing out.

Is this year's event being run solely by LL and moles? I have been an Exhibitor Assistant for several previous SLB events, and I can't imagine the moles having time to do all the work involved in getting exhibitors situated on their parcels with the instructions given, group invites sent, music streams set, etc. What were they thinking?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Is this year's event being run solely by LL and moles? I have been an Exhibitor Assistant for several previous SLB events, and I can't imagine the moles having time to do all the work involved in getting exhibitors situated on their parcels with the instructions given, group invites sent, music streams set, etc. What were they thinking?

This is definitely different than many of the birthday celebrations and I have been a creator and sometimes infrastructure person in many of them.  So far it has been VERY QUIET.   Many of the familiar names are not in evidence. I have no clue as to why. 

Here is the rundown:

image.png.dc5bcdb53ce570c3e16a94215adfe4b1.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

This is definitely different than many of the birthday celebrations and I have been a creator and sometimes infrastructure person in many of them.  So far it has been VERY QUIET.   Many of the familiar names are not in evidence. I have no clue as to why. 

Here is the rundown:

image.png.dc5bcdb53ce570c3e16a94215adfe4b1.png

 

Wow, that looks like there are only 9 or so moles assigned to help all the exhibitors. That's not going to end well. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Is this year's event being run solely by LL and moles? I have been an Exhibitor Assistant for several previous SLB events, and I can't imagine the moles having time to do all the work involved in getting exhibitors situated on their parcels with the instructions given, group invites sent, music streams set, etc. What were they thinking?

We all love the Moles. I do think its being run by Linden Lab this year for whatever reason. 

I'm surprised there has not been a website set up for SL16B yet like in previous years. Maybe there won't be one this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm surprised there has not been a website set up for SL16B yet like in previous years. Maybe there won't be one this year.  

Yeah, I looked for a site too, and I did find where they apparently at some point took applications for "volunteers", though I did not see an explanation of what that job entails. It's all very hush hush I guess, not at all like in prior years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Last year the event was a mix of Linden and the folks that took over when the Lindens left the party.

 

Before that (2017 - 2014) it was a community event. 2017 I built the two region dance area and there were several more dance venues (one other double region and singles) as well as the cake stage.   The year before that in 2016 I did an artist area.

 

Doing some research (the Community Celebration webpage -- while up a couple of months ago -- is no longer) at Designing Worlds (previously always in attendance and covering the event) it looks like the private sector took over for SL11B.   I did a TV spot at SL10B and it was Linden run at that time and the first time I had seen the "look back through the years" display (now in the Tapestry of Time building).   So if my research is correct the birthday celebration was run privately for four years. 

 

Last year seemed pretty normal to me, but with the apparent exodus of the community group folks ( I searched the SL16B group membership and they are nowhere to be found)  the event is at a loss.   Happily I have no idea what occurred there. Sometimes I really DON'T want to know. Still, it doesn't seem a positive step.

 

The event  is considerably smaller this year and made up of lots of tree and water areas -- easy to see on the map. Note of course that some other land masses may appear. There is time.  

image.thumb.png.13c89ed9097514be19fed6910642a32c.png

 

I found a map on Google (Daniel Voyager - TY) that shows last year's map for comparison.  

73168561_sl15Bmap.png.e47c0ff3b0e69ed5cfb72d3851df2168.png

 

Edited by Chic Aeon
added second map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SL16B is a 100% Linden Labs operation. There are 3 moles that are doing what we used to call the "Exhibitor Assistant" or "Sim Coordinator" job. If you are an exhibitor and need to get your parcel or change your settings or get an inspection, you must contact one of these moles via IM. The moles are Mischievious Mole, Squeaky Mole, and Alotta Mole.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey. I haven;t seen anything come up on the blog for the auditions yet... I hadn't clocked it was so close. Did I miss this? Where would it come up?

Thanks :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GreatBigHippy said:

Hey. I haven;t seen anything come up on the blog for the auditions yet... I hadn't clocked it was so close. Did I miss this? Where would it come up?

Thanks :D 

Long over. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

This is definitely different than many of the birthday celebrations and I have been a creator and sometimes infrastructure person in many of them.  So far it has been VERY QUIET.   Many of the familiar names are not in evidence. I have no clue as to why. 

Look up old forum posts on controversies about a private resident commitee running a "semi-official" event... I have this vague idea you might find your answers there.

Edited by Fionalein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, Alazarin Mondrian said:

Hi! I'm booked in to play on the SL16B Festival stage and I want to find out any info I can about the stage's size, shape, colour scheme, etc., so that I can assemble a stage set that blends in nicely. I have tried contacting the people running the stage but to no avail and time is running out. Is it the same shape as last year's stage? If so I could recolour and tweak our rotating stage set for this year. Or is it your traditional venue stage set into a wall?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Heya Alazarin Mondrian, I apologize for the confusion.

Since we are trying to keep everything a big surprise for everyone we could not share to much details, however as I can see and confirm you are a performer I'll gladly help you out.

I'll contact you in-world and we can get this sorted out.

- Squeaky Mole.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

SL16B is a 100% Linden Labs operation. There are 3 moles that are doing what we used to call the "Exhibitor Assistant" or "Sim Coordinator" job. If you are an exhibitor and need to get your parcel or change your settings or get an inspection, you must contact one of these moles via IM. The moles are Mischievious Mole, Squeaky Mole, and Alotta Mole.

Thank you, this is correct. If you need any help with the exhibits or stages please contact one of us 3. Mischievious Mole, Squeaky Mole, and Alotta Mole.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sifriya Devin said:

You're not the only one having issues - my group was selected to be an exhibitor, but the Moles are not helping me gain access to the parcel. Since Sunday I have messaged, sent notes, etc. I received one chat message from one of them saying he was assigned to help, but when I responded, he wasn't online, and I got no response. Asked for instructions, a SLURL, a group invite - anything to get me started, but I'm getting zilch. Build required to be finished by the 18th. Very close to just backing out.

Hello Sifriya Devin.

I do not see you on the application list but I will look into it for you. I will contact you in-world shortly.
You may have messaged one of us during a crash or losing internet (It has happened before) and the message got lost in space.

If you have signed up under a different name in-world instead of your forum name please contact me with that username.

Sorry about the inconvenience! Contacting you now :)

Edit: I found your application, it included a typo in the username so we were unable to find your application. I will get you sorted out now!

Edited by Squeaky Mole
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything went as smoothly as possible for SL16B. Even managed to rustle up a stage set that managed to fit in with the overall colour scheme and visual theme. It was fun to play for everyone there. The lag on the 21st almost ground my computers to a halt! The 28th was less laggy and we managed to escape without our computers catching fire :D

 

See you next year at SL17B!

SL16B Stage Pix-01_014.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...