Getting Excited - Linden Homes

NiaDark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My excitement has started to fade.. I am in the UK and I have checked every day for ages But I do work in the 1st Life.... A couple of times, I had a traditional house up... only to have it slip through my fingers and surely someone else received it. I am happy for them... But with the smaller releases, the chances of getting anything seem even more distant. I know they are working hard, I think though, that the build up to releasing the homes and then changing the way due to so many complaining has hurt everyone's chances. But it is often said and there are no truer words, you can't make everyone happy all of the time.  So I stay logged in to the front page, when I am able..and hopefully my turn will come... 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, NiaDark said:

hopefully my turn will come... 

Your turn WILL come. It is coming. When you are focused on something else, likely... it will surprise you.  

The early days of these houses are still full of bugs. Some houses face the wrong way when rezzed. Some houses are stuck.  Some houses have strange texture issues.  The lag is powerful for many reasons.  (From all I have read about them in the forum.)  

So, when everything is fixed just right, and when it is your turn to accept a good house that faces the right way and works like you hope it will, you will get your wish 😊

• Like 3

On 6/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, NiaDark said:

So for all those that are wondering when the next houses will be released.... I don't have an answer.  BUT They are coming! I found an area where work is being done, and as you all know Rome wasn't built in a day.  I know it's tough waiting... I'm waiting too... But I do appreciate all the work the moles are doing... I think this is just fab!! So this is just my way of saying thanks and looking forward to the next release!!

Snapshot_001.png

hey what sim is this? looks like it will be promising!

On 6/13/2019 at 7:06 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

I totally agree. It's certainly keeping me interested and it's very exciting to see what comes next. 

It's amazing how the continent has grown and changed since 20th August when the regions first came online. I think strongly think the Bellisseria community along with the Moles/Lindens should have a big party to mark it's first anniversary in mid April 2020. Maybe something for this August too. 

Took this snapshot when the regions first came online on 20th August 2018

SSP regions 20th August 2018.PNG

Took this snapshot on 13th June 2019. It seem the continent is expanding in the middle down south. 

13th June 2019.PNG

Look at all those houseboats that yet to come sometime this year or next year. The red circle is the new area and there is no way to go down south in a straight line at the moment. 

The future.PNG

The orange and green area that i was betting would be downtown is gone from SSP. Either a change of plan or they camouflaged it somehow...

Military tactics to hide progress is unlikely but is plausible non the less.

I totally agree. It's certainly keeping me interested and it's very exciting to see what comes next. 

It's amazing how the continent has grown and changed since 20th August when the regions first came online. I think strongly think the Bellisseria community along with the Moles/Lindens should have a big party to mark it's first anniversary in mid April 2020. Maybe something for this August too. 

Took this snapshot on 13th June 2019. It seem the continent is expanding in the middle down south. 

13th June 2019.PNG

Look at all those houseboats that yet to come sometime this year or next year. The red circle is the new area and there is no way to go down south in a straight line at the moment. 

The future.PNG

The orange and green area that i was betting would be downtown is gone from SSP. Either a change of plan or they camouflaged it somehow...

Military inspired tactics to hide progress from world map is unlikely but is plausible non the less.

13th June 2019.PNG

The future.PNG

Military inspired tactics to hide progress from world map is unlikely but is plausible non the less.

13th June 2019.PNG

The future.PNG

• Like 1

Ugh it's so frustrating trying to get one of these homes, even with the new updated "every other day" release. I'm never on when LL releases them, I've started to realize that this premium membership is kind of BS, why would I want to have an old linden home when the community I'm looking for is with these new homes!! Get your S*** together LL and give us a G.D home already!! 🤣

Also hai Nia :3

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just a thought and maybe this has been mentioned on some other threads (I have been busy on another LOL) but it is very likely that there will be a small influx of abandoned house in the not too distant future because of the Tilia thing. Several folks have mentioned going back to basic -- hence no Linden Home. So watching at other times besides release day might be good for those of you that ENJOY the chase.   This same thing happened when premium tier rates when up last month. 

So not for me.  And there is always FALL with the possibility of a new theme rollout on 1024s.  Better chance then at least the houseboats went in 27 minutes rather than 3 seconds. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just a thought and maybe this has been mentioned on some other threads (I have been busy on another LOL) but it is very likely that there will be a small influx of abandoned house in the not too distant future because of the Tilia thing. Several folks have mentioned going back to basic -- hence no Linden Home. So watching at other times besides release day might be good for those of you that ENJOY the chase.   This same thing happened when premium tier rates when up last month. 

So not for me.  And there is always FALL with the possibility of a new theme rollout on 1024s.  Better chance then at least the houseboats went in 27 minutes rather than 3 seconds. :D

What is this Tilia thing?

I saw many abandoned houses a fortnight ago. I agree with you, it had to be connected to the rise in premium membership prices. The abandoned homes peaked around 24th June, before and after.

Tilia is something else?

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw many abandoned houses a fortnight ago. I agree with you, it had to be connected to the rise in premium membership prices. The abandoned homes peaked around 24th June, before and after.

Tilia is something else?

@Marianne Little here ya go: 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SolsticeCarlet said:

I'm a little behind, but around what times (SLT) have they been doing these smaller released? We're due one in a couple of hours right?

monday, wednesday and friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm SLT

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you @anniepany.

I got to find the Tilia threads, and coffee. This needs coffee.

Once you're done with the legalese in the blog, this may help:

Short version: if you do not carry a usd balance and ignore said usd balance for over a year, it will barely affect you except for the fact they're automatically making everyone these tilla accounts. The part I do not like at all is the fact our passwords will be the same for SL and Tilla. 

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Tilia is something else?

Yes, LOL, something else.   It is about a new TOS coming August 1. Mostly affects people that cash out to US dollars. See the latest blog post from Linden Lab or the  "Tilia Takes Over" thread.    So there may be another trickle of homes. I personally don't think many folks will LEAVE SL, but some have already stated that they have already or will return to Basic Membership -- hence no Linden Homes for them.   Likely not a huge uptick in available homes, just some but with how few there are --- "some" is a big percentage :D.   

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 5:46 AM, NiaDark said:

You Just never know! But honestly, there's no set rule stating I have to post within that same said thread. Afterall, we may put our pants on the same way, one leg at a time. But It doesn't mean that we have to follow in a row like little ducks.Some people want to force everyone else into the same type of box, but my mentality is = Live Brilliantly! Do Your Own Thing!! Try Something New! Be Yourself! ❤️

I don't like it when some users self-appoint themselves the forum police. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Nadezda said:

I don't like it when some users self-appoint themselves the forum police. 

Forum police? Oh no! I didn't see them - I'd better be very, very careful from now on.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.