"Attempt to rez object failed" = Lost inventory

Serafina Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a jewelry set from a shop and attempted to rez it to the ground. Got an "attempt to rez object failed" message and the item COMPLETELY disappeared from my inventory. Did not show up after several relogs. I messaged the store owner to try to replace it and haven't heard back...I'm sure they think I'm trying to steal from them. This was an expensive item and I want it back...any suggestions apart from begging mercy from the store owner?

2 answers to this question

Sometimes things like that show up again in your inventory the next day, but if not don`t panic yet about the creator not replacing it, most creators in SL are well aware that such things happen. If you don`t hear within a few days, try sending a notecard instead, because their IM`s may be capped.

Also check on the creators profile and picks in case they have a specific support policy for you to follow.

This happens. Unfortunately STILL after years of it happening. That is why I personally prefer copy items which tend to stay around in inventory more safely. If it was a transfer (no copy) item you may or may not get a replacement from the designer. To be fair, they have no way of knowing if you actually LOST the item or if you are simply someone wanting a second copy for a friend.

One thing you might try in the future (before rezzing a NC item) is to try "wearing" it first. I know this sounds ridiculous, but in my experience if you can wear an item (even if it is a No Copy house) the chances are that the database is a happy camper and will actually rez it in world.

Unfortunately most of us forget to do that except right after a disaster. Know you are not alone. If you know the EXACT name of the item the tech guys can "try" an get it back for you. In my experience, this has not worked. One time I lost over 1,000 items and they were simply gone.

Make copies of what you can. Pack them in BRAND NEW boxes and keep an EXTRA rezzed in world. That is about as safe as you can be -- and still you won't be safe. Sorry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.