Draxtor & Jo discuss the recent tier & fee changes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There was what seemed like a long time where Torley was the only Linden who interacted with residents, so I think many of us have affection for him. As far as I know, he's no longer a Linden, but I could be wrong about that. They lost a gem if they let him go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

As far as I know, he's no longer a Linden, but I could be wrong about that. They lost a gem if they let him go.

He is but he's working on Sansar these days.

He made the background music for the Sansar startup sequence among other things but oh well, nobody's perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChinRey said:

He is but he's working on Sansar these days.

He made the background music for the Sansar startup sequence among other things but oh well, nobody's perfect.

Aha, that is where they have hidden him! I'm glad to hear he's still working for the Lab in some capacity, but what a waste of his particular talents IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Aha, that is where they have hidden him! I'm glad to hear he's still working for the Lab in some capacity, but what a waste of his particular talents IMO.

Actually, what he's doing is a perfect use of his talents as he heads up all the audio stuff for Sansar along with other duties as well. He's still in front of a camera quite often in Sansar and has made instructional video shorts for Sansar.

23 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Actually, what he's doing is a perfect use of his talents as he heads up all the audio stuff for Sansar along with other duties as well. He's still in front of a camera quite often in Sansar and has made instructional video shorts for Sansar.

Nothing to do with sansar can be a good use of talents, the platform is dead, deceased, it is a dead platform. No one wants it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think his greatest talent is interacting with residents and engaging them with his infectious enthusiasm. His travels in SL with the accompanying feed posts and Flickr photos were a joy.

Any skills he may use in Sansar are lost on the many residents like myself who cannot access the thing since we use Macs. So yeah, I think he's being wasted there. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Any skills he may use in Sansar are lost on the many residents like myself who cannot access the thing since we use Macs. So yeah, I think he's being wasted there. 

Only Lab employees are there without having a choice, the rest of them must have reasons to stay ;)

• Confused 1

Torley is great at relating to the new shiny, and helping others do the same.

So Sansar would be ideal, if only there were any others around the place.

The waste is that the new shiny could have been SL again.

Place your bets:

• Sansar? or
  • SL 2030? 

and which is really the more interesting problem?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, ItHadToComeToThis said:

This. I have been preaching exactly this now for the longest time. It started when they released mesh. Before that anyone could come to SL and start developing immediately using the in world tools provided. Even sculpture developers created sculpt packs that other developers could texture and mix up to create something new and unique. These days however it’s a market filled with 798373 versions of the same item with the top tier developers monopolising content and a distinct lack of potential developers due to the sheer learning curve now required to simply create say...a top. I love mesh, but I do miss the pre mesh days when everyone would have a go at creating, not just the select few and when there was more diversity than there is now

I agree, I'm lucky to have found inworld mesh tools or I would have been doomed years ago.
3d software makes my brain cry.
I tried to tell LL to make this mesh creation stuff part of their software, it would allow everyone to still create stuff with regular prims but then turn them into mesh.

7 hours ago, Jo Yardley said:

I agree, I'm lucky to have found inworld mesh tools or I would have been doomed years ago.
3d software makes my brain cry.
I tried to tell LL to make this mesh creation stuff part of their software, it would allow everyone to still create stuff with regular prims but then turn them into mesh.

One thing I have always dreamed about is basic mesh modification being built into the viewer. Nothing fancy just a set of new prims to go alongside the old ones that let you move points, edges and faces, divide a few times etc. I know it will never happen but I can dream 😅. To save on the size of the download of said viewer you could create a modular viewer with a built in package download manager..I’m letting my imagination run away with me here 😂

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

One thing I have always dreamed about is basic mesh modification being built into the viewer. Nothing fancy just a set of new prims to go alongside the old ones that let you move points, edges and faces, divide a few times etc. I know it will never happen but I can dream 😅. To save on the size of the download of said viewer you could create a modular viewer with a built in package download manager..I’m letting my imagination run away with me here 😂

Me, too. I've never understood why they couldn't make drag-and-drop editing available for mesh.

I avoid mesh structures because I can't customize them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.