I have purchased the (female) Legacy TMP mesh body

Fanette Philbert

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And that was a bad idea 🙄. Let me explain why.

• The HUD is slow, it is even required to enable media to apply the skin, I really wonder why. Sometimes, the skin tab does not even rez.
  • The body is overscripted and slow: 20 scripts with the hands and feet (8 scripts for Maitreya).
  • The hands do not play the bento animations of my bento AO, they can play bento animations indeed, but only the ones of the HUD (unless I missed something).
  • The alpha HUD is slow. A good point however: it is possible to export the alpha configuration very easily.
  • The deformer deforms nothing : it is just another mesh body, closer to the Maitreya mesh body. When you are wearing the deformer, you actually are wearing TWO mesh bodies: the mesh body itself plus the deformer which hides most of the mesh body and which is nothing else but a second mesh body (the deformer covers everything except the hands and a circle around the neck, so it cannot be worn alone because of the hole around the neck). And moreover you reach the nice number of 31 scripts (without any mesh head). I guess that it will be impossible to enter a RP sim with such a body: add a mesh head, some mesh clothes full of scripts as well, and some gadgets...
  • It is expensive (5000 L$).

There are some good points anyway: actually only one 😂. The shape of the body is beautiful, as beautiful as the one of the old TMP mesh body. It is the most beautiful body if you want small breasts and not the giant oversized implants the other mesh body designers force us to have. It is still possible of course to reduce the size of the breasts with a Maitreya but it does not look like small breasts would do.

There are no clothes, no skins (except the built-in skins but the skins of the mesh heads do not match them very well) , nothing rigged for this body; even the old TMP clothes do not fit (I did not try, I have no mesh clothes from this designer, it is what the designer tells us about this body). It is necessary to use the deformer to wear some clothes designed for example for Maitreya, deformer which deforms nothing, as explained above. An applier for skins will be available. Well okay but when ?

I write this post so that no other people make the same mistake. Fortunately, I shared the cost of this test with a friend (thank you Elektra) 🙄...

I have some advices for the designers (if ever they care about their customers):

• Reduce the number of scripts.
  • Rewrite the scripts which are too slow. Fire the scripter and hire a new one 😟.
  • Why is it required to have media enabled to use the HUD ? It is ridiculous.
  • Make clothes for this body.
  • Make appliers for popular mesh heads (lelutka, catwa, etc...) and sell them with the body.
  • Implement real bento hands which can play the bento animations of the AO, not only the bento animations of the HUD.
  • Lower the price.

Edited by FabienneDupuis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, FabienneDupuis said:

Why is it required to have media enabled to use the HUD ? It is ridiculous

The TMP body works via an external server and so it seems the new HUD if you need media enabled. all the customisable features of the body from skins to textures of their clothes come from there when their server goes kaput your body will be stuck it it's state at the time you won't be able to customise it

• Like 1

No clothes?? No skins? Lol

https://www.flickr.com/groups/4644070@N22/

Hating and bashing without proper researching.

Legacy is by far the best looking body in SL in 15 years. I've had none of the drama lined out in this post. Maybe some folks just need a reason to be negative, which is fine for me because I dont mind looking better than 98% of those around me. But I'm also happy to help anyone who cares about visual fidelity and I get that there's a lot in SL or in rl that do not care about this at all ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Maybe you could start by reading the post you're answering to before hating and bashing (I use your own words...) 😏.

Legacy is indeed a very good-looking mesh body. But it is overscripted: I will be forbidden to enter some RP sims with it. But I must nuance my comments about this problem. Currently the CPU time is

[04:45] Script info: 'FabienneDupuis Resident': [34/34] running scripts, 2176 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.061066 ms of CPU time consumed.

0.06 ms is very good. And yes, indeed, since my post, I found out some designers making clothes for it (Ricielli, Scandalize, Fil Casse, Spirit, Tres Blah). So it is not an empty list 😉. That avoids to use the so-called "deformer". But the rest of the review remains correct. I am not aware of any skin maker either. And the fact that the HUD depends on an external server is very very very bad as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FabienneDupuis said:

• It is expensive (5000 L$).

So you spent 5 big one on a mesh body. Hmmm I might have a brilliant business opportunity for you. Don't tell it to nobody but I'm a Nigerian general. With some money to put in to your  bank account. 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Smarmy posts about criticisms sure don’t help....

The first word of your statement is what makes it an oxymoron.

36 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

So, what are the vehement Legacy defenders doing for skins, though? 

The body is still quite new. I suspect eventually there will be some skins available for it, albeit (to my understanding) only through the TMP people, the ongoing bet is that there will not be any third-party appliers, etc.

I have not bothered a demo (because I'd likely fall for the offer of a kool-aid drink. The primary "blocks" for me is the skin options and the idea that the deformer is a second copy of the body (I do this with my Venus and it works well, but it does skyrocket my script count or render costs).

I appreciate both, @FabienneDupuis original post and also @Shandi Varriale counter to it, though Shandi could have been a lot more detail in her counter-points and phrased it a little more positively. I like to always see both sides of a coin and takes that information into consideration when makes my own personal evaluations of something. TMP History notwithstanding, of course, hence I'm of the wait-and-see how things pan out attitude.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Derekmate said:

So you spent 5 big one on a mesh body. Hmmm I might have a brilliant business opportunity for you. Don't tell it to nobody but I'm a Nigerian general. With some money to put in to your  bank account. 

5k is only 20-ish $ in rl. Is 20$ really that big of a deal to you?? I've donated 5 times that amount in sl over my 12 years and don't  understand your silly grief over 20 bucks.....unless youre a kid or dont have a job, in which case you should be out job hunting and not playing games or in forums busting others arses over what they are entitled to spend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have to fix my review and I cannot edit anymore the original post. With the body inside the folder, there is an object called 'create.zip'; and after unpacking it, we obtain an object called 'Create A Style.zip (1.0.2)' which enables to make appliers for skins or other things (tattoos, etc...).

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, FabienneDupuis said:

I have to fix my review and I cannot edit anymore the original post. With the body inside the folder, there is an object called 'create.zip'; and after unpacking it, we obtain an object called 'Create A Style.zip (1.0.2)' which enables to make appliers for skins or other things (tattoos, 

I wonder if that works like omega. That would be fantastic if so.

32 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

I've been following several threads here about this body and I am still super hesitant about whether to purchase it or not.

I've got a couple of curiosities: how/which shoes will fit? what about bento rings or bento nails? 

If you use the feet deformer it is absolutely  amazing in the way you can use just about any lara based shoes/heels I've tried without any oddity or blemish. This aspect  has impressed  me tremendously. There isnt any current rings or nails yet but the nails that come standard with Legacy are very pretty dont make you feel like you've got to run out and cover them with something  better just to look complete.

Punch has some navel piercings that fit and are gorgeous- one set is for legacy the other tmp and happen to fit great.

Edited by Shandi Varriale

22 hours ago, Shandi Varriale said:

No clothes?? No skins? Lol

https://www.flickr.com/groups/4644070@N22/

Hating and bashing without proper researching.

Legacy is by far the best looking body in SL in 15 years. I've had none of the drama lined out in this post. Maybe some folks just need a reason to be negative, which is fine for me because I dont mind looking better than 98% of those around me. But I'm also happy to help anyone who cares about visual fidelity and I get that there's a lot in SL or in rl that do not care about this at all ❤️

Btw essence makes some legacy skin and a genus skin to match. I tried it and wasnt sold since the default legacy skin is astoundingly the best skin I've ever seen in sl with the way you can enhance it with the HUDs bump and shine settings. The butt, breasts, legs, stomach areas are incredibly nice, blended well, and realistic in appearance so much so that I doubt any skin will come along soon to beat what comes with the body. I have the new L'Etre for my lara and belleza which I loved most and Legacy's skin murders it in comparison.

55 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

I've been following several threads here about this body and I am still super hesitant about whether to purchase it or not.

I've got a couple of curiosities: how/which shoes will fit? what about bento rings or bento nails? 

I have some shoes which fit the Legacy feet (some high heel for TMP and some sneakers for TMP), some other which don't (some high heels for TMP for example).

Edited by FabienneDupuis

4 hours ago, FabienneDupuis said:

I have to fix my review and I cannot edit anymore the original post. With the body inside the folder, there is an object called 'create.zip'; and after unpacking it, we obtain an object called 'Create A Style.zip (1.0.2)' which enables to make appliers for skins or other things (tattoos, etc...).

Thank you for this update, it's instructive. Though it is the skin creators who will need this as you cannot create your own applier unless you have enough permissions on a skin texture to grab its UUID - meaning it's useless all users-who-are-not-creators. 

3 hours ago, Shandi Varriale said:

Btw essence makes some legacy skin and a genus skin to match. I tried it and wasnt sold since the default legacy skin is astoundingly the best skin I've ever seen in sl with the way you can enhance it with the HUDs bump and shine settings. The butt, breasts, legs, stomach areas are incredibly nice, blended well, and realistic in appearance so much so that I doubt any skin will come along soon to beat what comes with the body. I have the new L'Etre for my lara and belleza which I loved most and Legacy's skin murders it in comparison.

The main objection I believe most would have is the ability to have a skin and head-applier that match. The skin that comes with the body may be the best that ever was, but if there is no way to apply that skin onto one's chosen head (or even system head) then it's all a moot point. Not everyone wants to wear a choker or collar to hide neck seams (and for myself, neck-seams are a more egregious faux pas then non-animated-bento hands.) This one single aspect is the very reason I don't even try to look at a demo. //wait-and-see

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shandi Varriale said:

5k is only 20-ish $ in rl. Is 20$ really that big of a deal to you?? I've donated 5 times that amount in sl over my 12 years and don't  understand your silly grief over 20 bucks.....unless youre a kid or dont have a job, in which case you should be out job hunting and not playing games or in forums busting others arses over what they are entitled to spend.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/sarcasm

Don't loose your panties. 

Ohh BTW there are ppl out there how would live from that money for ten day. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty

Stop being a smug c..t. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty

Stop being a smug c..t. 

Oxymoronic comment. A.K.A.: it takes one to know one. Nice.

Chances are pretty good they've never heard of or fathomed SL, much less actually use it. //Just saying.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Derekmate said:

Stop being a smug c..t. 

Lol.... You cant offend me...I'd  have to value your opinion first.

• Haha 4

And for anyone who may be at all interested - you can actually find a more full list of creators here who are supporting the Legacy body on their website:  https://www.meshbody.com/shop

Over 100 designers/shops so far.. and apparently still growing.

Also on their website, anyone interested in creating appliers etc for the legacy body to use with the applier kit that now comes with the body - they can download the PSD templates to work from here: https://www.meshbody.com/create 

As for the skin issue with Legacy, yes with the body being so new - there isn't much in the way around currently with regards to third party skins. For women, Essences being one. Deetalez is another which has come up with a neck fade workaround.

That said, if by some chance you owned the original TMP body (male or female)  from years ago, and you actually bought and installed  third party skin appliers/tattoos for it back then ....  if you happen to buy the new body now... you will actually find your old 3rd party skin appliers or tattoos from back then pre-loaded in the HUD for the new body as style options, along with the new, default built in skin tones.  

For example, skin appliers from Aeros which I first used in the original TMP body (a body which has been mostly collecting dust since I use Gianni or Belleza Jake nowadays up to now).... in the new legacy body - I found that my aeros appliers from back then were skin options in the new legacy hud ( along with other skin brands  I had used back then.)

Of course there is the question of whether you'd want to use old body appliers from back then... however some still hold up pretty well.

• Thanks 1

I would try it,but already been down the TMP road before..

I really liked their body they had the last time,but they never updated it..Most of the things i could find for it were like system clothes.

If they decide to actually make a go of it I may try it out down the road..but I'm not jumping in early this time..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would try it,but already been down the TMP road before..

I really liked their body they had the last time,but they never updated it..Most of the things i could find for it were like system clothes.

If they decide to actually make a go of it I may try it out down the road..but I'm not jumping in early this time..

I only have time for my Linden homes now, but I am tempted to buy it just because it's so overly harsh critic of it, lol.

But as you, I had it, I was burnt, because the styling hud... aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

3 of my avatars had TMP,  the full priced body with alpha HUD. But I have moved on... have I?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.