Should I give up?

AriyaStonehall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, AudreyIshere said:

Desperately trying to get a home too, guess just being patient and wait for new ones! I hope they will put some log cabins and hobbit houses in those foresty mountain bits.....also, thinking of the movie "The Village", now that would be cool hehe

• Like 3

I got a traditional house today (what I wanted) but not close to water, but I'll be alright.  I had been trying on auto refresh since Saturday.  Probably 24 hours of waiting total.  I was too slow two times- once a day.  I want to say that it seems like they came open around 4-6pm SLT.  It was def in USA evening hours.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I got a traditional house today (what I wanted) but not close to water, but I'll be alright.  I had been trying on auto refresh since Saturday.  Probably 24 hours of waiting total.  I was too slow two times- once a day.  I want to say that it seems like they came open around 4-6pm SLT.  It was def in USA evening hours.  

Welcome Pixie! I have a more central house too and I love it, hope you enjoy decorating and making yourself at home :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

So instead of cursing Linden Lab and the unfairness of the system, you showed initiative and persistence , and got your reward.

Welcome to Bellisseria! 🏡

You can always try to abandon it when the new batch of houses on sand, and next to water, is released. It's gambling... you know what you have, but not what you get. You can get an inland house that others abandon the same time, or no house.

Auto refresh will still help you no matter what. The new houses will be abandoned 1-2 times a day, at least.

• Like 5

On 6/10/2019 at 11:18 PM, Marianne Little said:

I am in CEST, Central European Summer Time. When I used F5, I saw one or two in several weeks. When I used the Chrome Auto Refresh, I set it up wrong... I was blonder than usual. When I had Bellisseria in the right place, I could see as much as 5 per day. What I did wrong, was that I had Bellisseria in the left, but ignored that it must be in the right place when I turned Auto-Refresh on... I typed in Bellisseria, then pressed Start, but didn't see the second place, I probably thought it was automatic.

auto refresh.png

Thank you for these instructions. I got me a house after a month of trying.  Actually, a couple of houseboats came up and then a traditional home around 2 am slt.  Now I get to go shopping.

• Like 4

Mine was from a classic British 1960s TV series, The Prisoner.   Here's the opening titles, without text (very unusual for the time).   I remember this when I was a kid, but it looks surprisingly contemporary in many ways:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner

I think Portmeirion, where it was shot, would be a lovely theme for Linden Homes, though I'm not sure how you'd script the bouncy ball that emerges from the sea to capture Patrick McGoohan's character when he tries to escape (it's called "Rover" in the series, as I recall).     Probably need a special mesh avatar, with a hideable bubble component plus a bubble with several different faces, appearing and vanishing as Rover envelops its target.

Edited by Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.