Should I give up?

AriyaStonehall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bloody heck just friggin be patient would you! Its old hearing the poor me poor me BS from people who sit there refreshing their screens for weeks haha like seriously people.

There are more homes coming!!!

BTW, Not having a home doesnt mean you cant join the community in Bellisseria. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AriyaStonehall said:

I know this sounds whiny and selfish and everything else under the sun, but Should I give up hope on a home in Bellisseria? I've been refreshing the linden home page for about 2 weeks straight now, and I've got no hope left anymore....does anyone have any stories of them getting a house there? is the place a myth? 

My advice would be to relax, stop refreshing but also don't give up hope. 

There are more homes on the way. The release will be announced ahead of time but you will have to keep your eyes peeled but as soon that happens, you can come back and start refreshing again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AriyaStonehall said:

I know this sounds whiny and selfish and everything else under the sun, but Should I give up hope on a home in Bellisseria? I've been refreshing the linden home page for about 2 weeks straight now, and I've got no hope left anymore....does anyone have any stories of them getting a house there? is the place a myth? 

I think it's a tad soon (and a bit dramatic, tbh) to "give up hope" when more homes are being built as we speak, but that decision is up to you. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CandyBARB said:

I would like some idea of when there will be more available.  I am finding not knowing to be frustrating.  

There will be a preview of a new theme at the SL16 Birthday Bash.  Some homes for that theme will very likely be released at the end of that celebration, which is mid-July.  At the same time (slight chance of possibly sooner), there will be another release of the Traditional houses and Houseboats - and that release will not be as large as the first one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AriyaStonehall said:

Mods please delete, please and thank you :)

1 hour ago, AriyaStonehall said:

My husband got a houseboat yesterday after trying for almost two weeks. In the meantime, 2 or 3 houses have been offered to him, but he did not want them. He just gave it up again and is now waiting for a house again. 

Well, his stare sign is Libra!

Surrender was and is out of the question for him. ;)

• Like 2

Why give up? Time is going to pass by either way.  And if you give up, then you really won't get one.  I dl'd a chrome extension that refreshes the page (I've got it set to 2 seconds) and it searches for bellisseria.  It's chimed 2x in 24 hours. lol.  Granted, I did sleep some of that time and wasn't on the computer the entire time I've been upright.  Both times, I did not act quick enough and the homes went to someone else.  So what I've been doing is, I've joined two resident groups, I went to the PRIDE parade yesterday and I've just been wandering around, peeking in homes (cam- no I'm not walking in) to see decor ideas.  I'm smitten with the community pool in the area I think called Capitol hills?  Not sure.  But it's near the big stone bridge over the wide river.  Does the river have a name, btw?  There's some websites devoted to news and interesting as well.  I know I might get one until the next release, but that's okay too.  

I think it would be super cool if someone could make an illustrated map of all the stand-out points- like a map you'd see for Disneyland or 6Flags.  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Give up? Well it depends how desperate you are lol. I'd say keep trying, cos you just never know. As mentioned by others already there are usually a few that are abandoned each day.  I  managed to get a houseboat only last week, when I thought it would happen! I nearly gave up and gave it one last try and bingo I got there. But don't forget also there are new themes coming soon. Yeah I do understand it's frustrating waiting, but only 10 days to go to SL16 so they should be coming soon, and you might like the new themes  even better than the current one.

In the meantime I'd say to anyone, take a look around at the existing theme(s) and styles and use the time to perhaps think about which styles might suit you best, how you want to decorate, check inventory, marketplace, stores inworld, and other residents styles for ideas or inspiration). Explore the neighbourhoods too (are there locations you'll not want to stay at/other ones you want to look out for etc. ?), see what community activities are being held by residents. That's what I did - I spent a little time looking at the traditional houses  to see if I really wanted one and decided they weren't for me. If I hadn't I might have just taken one when it came up and missed out on getting a  houseboat, which I like much more. And since then I've also looked around at other locations and plots and thought about if I want to abandon and risk trying for a new location on the next release or not. So doing some 'prep' can help pass that time waiting and is fun too! But then again I'm picky lol.

The Bellisseria Community group has a HUD that teleports you around to different homes that is open for the public. My house is one of them. Join it, the HUD is in the notices.

And also, this one, a map over rez zones. This can be better, in case you have used all your groups.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bellisseria-Linden-Rez-zones-map/17166108

Go around Bellisseria, use these rez zones to take you across the continent. Inland, coast, houseboat places. You can rez a vehicle or just walk.

Use an Auto-refresh for the page. Don't click refresh manually.

Edited by Marianne Little
Edited to add the last part

2 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I dl'd a chrome extension that refreshes the page (I've got it set to 2 seconds) and it searches for bellisseria. 

Without such an add on you currently have no chance to get  new Linden Homes / Houseboats; normally the offers are gone in less than 5 seconds.

• Like 2

I'm curious about how time of day might affect finding abandons. Is it mostly in the U.S. afternoons and evenings? Given how much other activities are scheduled for those times, it seems likely enough. That doesn't work with my schedule so I've just been waiting.

About the frustration, I can understand that. Just before the pre-pay period started, I figured out something I could do with a house which would let me feel part of the community even if most activities go on while I'm asleep. So I made an alt premium, the timing with the price increase meant it was a bit early for the new houses. Anyway, it was a real up, this is going to be great, plans plans plans. Push the button, he's premium. Woot. Then ok now what? That was a huge downer, especially when I realised I couldn't use his 1024 for anything else and still keep him open to grab an abandon. And my plans include making some custom mesh so I do have things to do, just in Blender. I can well imagine how frustrating it will be for someone who's found themselves in the now what? position without having a clear task which can be worked on without access to a house.

At some point, one of mine will go on the HUD tour whilst wearing furniture, just to see how things might fit :)  There's only so much you can do via guesswork and estimation.

52 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I'm curious about how time of day might affect finding abandons. Is it mostly in the U.S. afternoons and evenings? Given how much other activities are scheduled for those times, it seems likely enough. That doesn't work with my schedule so I've just been waiting.

About the frustration, I can understand that. Just before the pre-pay period started, I figured out something I could do with a house which would let me feel part of the community even if most activities go on while I'm asleep. So I made an alt premium, the timing with the price increase meant it was a bit early for the new houses. Anyway, it was a real up, this is going to be great, plans plans plans. Push the button, he's premium. Woot. Then ok now what? That was a huge downer, especially when I realised I couldn't use his 1024 for anything else and still keep him open to grab an abandon. And my plans include making some custom mesh so I do have things to do, just in Blender. I can well imagine how frustrating it will be for someone who's found themselves in the now what? position without having a clear task which can be worked on without access to a house.

At some point, one of mine will go on the HUD tour whilst wearing furniture, just to see how things might fit :)  There's only so much you can do via guesswork and estimation.

I am in CEST, Central European Summer Time. When I used F5, I saw one or two in several weeks. When I used the Chrome Auto Refresh, I set it up wrong... I was blonder than usual. When I had Bellisseria in the right place, I could see as much as 5 per day. What I did wrong, was that I had Bellisseria in the left, but ignored that it must be in the right place when I turned Auto-Refresh on... I typed in Bellisseria, then pressed Start, but didn't see the second place, I probably thought it was automatic.

auto refresh.png

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

At some point, one of mine will go on the HUD tour whilst wearing furniture, just to see how things might fit :)  There's only so much you can do via guesswork and estimation

From the look of the SLB16 regions, they will again have some of the Traditional homes and Houseboats out for preview, along with the new theme homes.  Might be easier to check things there since the houses will definitely be empty.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

From the look of the SLB16 regions, they will again have some of the Traditional homes and Houseboats out for preview, along with the new theme homes.  Might be easier to check things there since the houses will definitely be empty.

Definitely a better idea Lil :D

Thanks @Marianne Little and @TyrannyElemmiire . That's most encouraging. I'll give it a go.

Desperately trying to get a home too, guess just being patient and wait for new ones! I hope they will put some log cabins and hobbit houses in those foresty mountain bits.....also, thinking of the movie "The Village", now that would be cool hehe

Edited by AudreyIshere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.