Annual Membership billing price?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last Saturday, the 8th, my Premium membership renewed for another 3 months. I switched to 'Premium - Annual Membership USD 72.00 per year' now, and it says 'Your next billing date is currently Sunday, September 8, 2019.' Question is, will it renew, come Sunday, September 8, 2019, at USD 72 a year now, because I locked it in today? Because the message is somewhat confusing, and it looks like they want me to 'pre-pay for another billing cycle at the old price!', on top of what I already paid, where it says:

Charge me USD 72.00 today, and resume automatic billing after Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at the new rate every 12 month(s)

Please, advise.

Edited by kiramanell

Actually, on second look, it appears they charged you for the three months, and that is what gets you to September 2019. Now they say add on a year, and your next renewal is September 2020. You aren't losing the three months.

I don't think you actually are annual at this time. I'd still check with Support, but I think you need to now do the annual one they are offering you.

ETA: Or you are annual now, but when September 2019 rolls around, you'l be billed the new rate! I do think you need to take that next step and lock in the old rate. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thx, Sylvia. I've been on Live Chat for almost an hour now... just waiting for a reply. :( If that is Premium support, I shudder to think what they're doing to free account holders. 😋

Could be because you are trying duringscheduled  maintenance 

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/2tvh62z26v2p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Last Saturday, the 8th, my Premium membership renewed for another 3 months. I switched to 'Premium - Annual Membership USD 72.00 per year' now, and it says 'Your next billing date is currently Sunday, September 8, 2019.' Question is, will it renew, come Sunday, September 8, 2019, at USD 72 a year now, because I locked it in today? Because the message is somewhat confusing, and it looks like they want me to 'pre-pay for another billing cycle at the old price!', on top of what I already paid, where it says:

Charge me USD 72.00 today, and resume automatic billing after Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at the new rate every 12 month(s)

Please, advise.

What it sounds and looks like is you had paid for a quarterly renewal on June 8th of this year, which pushes your next renewal out to Sept of this year, and have not actually paid more money than that right now.  As of right now, nothing will bill until Sept of this year, even if you click the button to change to annual -- they will not actually charge you the annual fee until Sept.  If that is correct -- i.e. you really have not actually paid more than the quarterly money, then you now you have a choice - do nothing more and on Sept 8th of this year, the system will charge you the annual rate of $99 or prepay that annual charge right now at $72 and you will not next be charged any money until Sept 8th of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Thx, Sylvia. I've been on Live Chat for almost an hour now... just waiting for a reply. :( If that is Premium support, I shudder to think what they're doing to free account holders. 😋

What CIndy said re: Live Chat. Looks like the maintenance is completed as of a few minutes ago.

I got immediate support yesterday via Live Chat, for what it's worth. That is one of the huge perks of being Premium. :)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What it sounds and looks like is you had paid for a quarterly renewal on June 8th of this year, which pushes your next renewal out to Sept of this year, and have not actually paid more money than that right now.  As of right now, nothing will bill until Sept of this year, even if you click the button to change to annual -- they will not actually charge you the annual fee until Sept.  If that is correct -- i.e. you really have not actually paid more than the quarterly money, then you now you have a choice - do nothing more and on Sept 8th of this year, the system will charge you the annual rate of $99 or prepay that annual charge right now at $72 and you will not next be charged any money until Sept 8th of 2020.

I think you are right. Thx for the clear explanation.

And thank you too, Sylvia.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.